Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's problem is it that we are over the cap???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's problem is it that we are over the cap???

Is it Shanny and his bad FA signings or is the players just want too much money???
    Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

I think it's Jake but he's worth what he's gettin so....
    sigpic

Comment

im sayin both but as everything else it comes back on the coach....grieses contract is killin us (6 million) bcuzz we cant restructure it.....

Comment

Lots of high price players and lots of players looking for similarly high wages=big problem in cap city. Something's going to have to give for the end result to not be a mess (cough San Francisco cough). I'm glad I don't have to do anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco30
          im sayin both but as everything else it comes back on the coach....grieses contract is killin us (6 million) bcuzz we cant restructure it.....
          It's all Griese's fault...

Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

The grease ball virus has started,costing us money then he will return to kik our ass in a chamionship game or somethin.
            2 parts of the #1 defence in the NFL !!!

Comment

Re: Who's problem is it that we are over the cap???

Originally posted by ozzy_osbourne
              Is it Shanny and his bad FA signings or is the players just want too much money???
              every year we start out like this and we fix it by late july or early august . we don't have to sign portis this year so that's not mandatory to pay him so take care of the defense first. to keep good players you have to pay for them so i'll wait to see what al wilson gets offered first.
              Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

its shanahan's fault he gives out dumb contracts. mccaffrey makes 4+ at 35 and smith makes 5+ at 33 i think and gardener made 5+ although we may get that back.
                dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

OK, back to the Salary Cap

Say we are $5 million in debt to start. if we get gardener's $5 mil back, we are at ground 0. OK, so we have $0, then i hear there is a 5% increase in the cap so now we have $4 mil available. Mccaffrey gives us $3 mil of his $4.5 mil contract so we have $7 mil. Smith gives us $2 mil so we would have $9 mil available. Mobley may give about $1 mil(cant assume too high), making $10 mil available. Then we still have to sign Berry, Hamilton, Gold, and Hayward for sure. How much would that cost? i will guess about $6 mil($1.5 mil each for 1st year, which is very low but we are budgeted) so we have $4 mil left. Then maybe we give Portis $2 mil(hope he doesnt ask for much more that that) for next year instead of $350K so that leaves us with around 2 mil right? is that enough to lure a key free agent CB here?

BTW if we were to franchise al wilson, does that count against the cap, or is that considered a given? If it counts againstthe cap, we wnt be ablew to do it cause thats $5 + mil he would get. I would rather stick in Pierce and go after the free agent CB.
                  Last edited by Return of Lava; 02-06-2004, 04:49 AM.
                  dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

That wouldn't trun out 2 well...getting rid of ROD SMITH and EDDY MCAFFRY???that's stupid because they played the game before, and they are really good especially Rod cuz Ed is getting old, and if you get rid of Ed, were gonna have to sign a WR anyway....unless we full around with the depth chart...and put positions we have more of to wide reciever...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by eastcoastbrawla
                      That wouldn't trun out 2 well...getting rid of ROD SMITH and EDDY MCAFFRY???that's stupid because they played the game before, and they are really good especially Rod cuz Ed is getting old, and if you get rid of Ed, were gonna have to sign a WR anyway....unless we full around with the depth chart...and put positions we have more of to wide reciever...
                      He does not mean get rid of either players. He is talking about them re-structuring their salaries. I think that it is possible that they would be willing to restructure if it helps the team. Don't know if we would be able to get all those players signed with that amount though.
                      Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

dont 4get we need to restructure lepsis, neil n cut salaam (hes due 5 million in march) n hopefully resign him but i think he may be gone shanny is high on p.j. alexander n foster at LT...plus sumhow we gotta sign back ups carlise, herndon n brockemeyer...were gunna lose 4-5 FA's im afraid damnnnn..

Comment

Originally posted by bronco30
                          dont 4get we need to restructure lepsis, neil n cut salaam (hes due 5 million in march) n hopefully resign him but i think he may be gone shanny is high on p.j. alexander n foster at LT...plus sumhow we gotta sign back ups carlise, herndon n brockemeyer...were gunna lose 4-5 FA's im afraid damnnnn..
                          Man...we are just a team built for a championship run and we are running out of money.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                          2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

it still amuses me that the chiefs tried to pry griese from denver and shanny wasnt havin it and now they are fightin dead money on the cap because of it.. anyways.. i believe there should be another cap involved as well.. a ceiling at each position at which a player can make.. guidelines on salary per players.. that would help to eliminate holdouts and players askin for large sums of money that hurt the teams.. im speakin of something that the nfl i think should regulate.. but the players union would never let it pass

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                              Man...we are just a team built for a championship run and we are running out of money.
                              yah the money is lookin pretty thin n plus we gotta hold some back to sign our draft picks this year...

Comment

Working...
                              X