Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos/Raiders game

Quarterbacks
    Kerry Collins vs. Jake Plummer~ THis is going to be a good matchup. Both are playing pretty mistake free football. Jake should be able to move the ball against their secondary. Our rookie corners have stepped it up this year and we will see how they do against a pretty good recieving core. If they containRandy Moss, Jake will have the better day.

Runningbacks
    Lamont Jordan vs. Mike Anderson/Tatum Bell~ Lamont Jordan has a good mix of size and speed. Denver had done a pretty good job stopping the run this year. MA and TB should run wild over this defense. Jordan is capable of a big day but I believe that Denver will do a good job winning the battle at the line.

Defense
    Oakland vs. Denver~ Oakland will have a hard time stopping the run game which in turn will open up the bootlegs/PA pass which will help Jake stay mistake free. Expect a pretty good day from the Denver offense. Denver's D will put pressure on Kerry Collins but will still make stuff happen. Expect only about two turnovers in this game.

Overall
    Denver comes into this game coming off a bye. Mike Shannahan will of had plenty of time to prepare for this game. Oakland his comeing of a tough loss to the Chiefs. The game is in Oakland but I think Denver will come ready to play.

Score
    Denver 35 Oakland 24
    "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all ways acknowledge Him and he shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Jake the snake is a playmaker

Think your perfect try walking on water.

Official LAGPA Member

You're right, on paper the Broncos should win.

But games against Oakland are always a battle, no matter how lopsided it seems.

I think it is going to come down to the wire. (I hope your right though!)

Comment

Originally posted by **OrangeTerp**

Esp. in Oakland....
      Thanks, Reid!
      sigpic
      Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

hopefully this is our year to show them who's the best team in the afc west
        "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all ways acknowledge Him and he shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Official LAGPA Member

Comment

I think if we go in there and play Bronco football-
          -get a lead early in the game to get the crowd out of it
          -eat up the clock by running the ball. Use AnderBell to soften up the middle and get around the corner.
          -BE AGGRESSIVE-the WHOLE GAME! No Prevent allowed! I think the intense rivalry between these two teams will keep the Broncos aggressive.

Come out 7-2!
          sigpic
          Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
          -Sean Payton

Comment

That's why they play the game. That's why they play the game.....

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
            2. Taxes
            3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by highchiefboki
              Quarterbacks
              Kerry Collins vs. Jake Plummer~ THis is going to be a good matchup. Both are playing pretty mistake free football. Jake should be able to move the ball against their secondary. Our rookie corners have stepped it up this year and we will see how they do against a pretty good recieving core. If they containRandy Moss, Jake will have the better day.

Runningbacks
              Lamont Jordan vs. Mike Anderson/Tatum Bell~ Lamont Jordan has a good mix of size and speed. Denver had done a pretty good job stopping the run this year. MA and TB should run wild over this defense. Jordan is capable of a big day but I believe that Denver will do a good job winning the battle at the line.

Defense
              Oakland vs. Denver~ Oakland will have a hard time stopping the run game which in turn will open up the bootlegs/PA pass which will help Jake stay mistake free. Expect a pretty good day from the Denver offense. Denver's D will put pressure on Kerry Collins but will still make stuff happen. Expect only about two turnovers in this game.

Overall
              Denver comes into this game coming off a bye. Mike Shannahan will of had plenty of time to prepare for this game. Oakland his comeing of a tough loss to the Chiefs. The game is in Oakland but I think Denver will come ready to play.

Score
              Denver 35 Oakland 24
              what about wr?
              PROUD BREEDER OF 3 BRONCO FANS AND STILL PRACTICING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

WR

Rod SMith,Ashley lelie,Todd Devoe, Charlie Adams, etc vs. Randy Moss, Joey Porter, ??? I believe that denver's recievers have more depth ans Lelie and Rod still provide the deep ball threat. Jeb Putzier has stepped it up. Randy moss is deadly every time he steps on the field. With moss getting most of the attention Joey Prter could have a big day.

Official LAGPA Member

Comment

I say we quickly establish our run game and turn the boot into a scoring strike all day to ROD AND ASH. FOXWORTH AND DAREENT will really show what they are capable of in this game, hopefully the props given to them hasnt gone to their head. Porter and moss are no joke. I say we rest the peoples CHAMP. I only have one thing to say to the Raiders and their fans........SIT AND SPIN MUTHASUCKAS t('.')t
                  SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by highchiefboki
                    WR

Rod SMith,Ashley lelie,Todd Devoe, Charlie Adams, etc vs. Randy Moss, Joey Porter, ??? I believe that denver's recievers have more depth ans Lelie and Rod still provide the deep ball threat. Jeb Putzier has stepped it up. Randy moss is deadly every time he steps on the field. With moss getting most of the attention Joey Prter could have a big day.
                    Gabriel and Whitted have more yards AND receptions than Adams and Devoe, and Gabriel is averaging 17 yards per reception. I wouldn't go so far as to say that Denver is DEEP at receiver (if we were, would all these people be salivating over TO, a guy who obviously kills the confidence and morale of anyone wearing the same team logo?).

I still like our match-up against Oakland's defensive backfield, and I think we'll actually come out throwing to exploit it early. Of note is that Burgess is on pace to have 14 sacks, and Sapp is on pace for 10. They can pressure the QB, as was pretty evident in their performance at KC. I think Hamilton and Nalen will have to double Sapp, leaving Lepsis on an island against Burgess. Rod is the only WR who can really beat aggressive coverage, so if we lose the battle in the trenches (we'll know after the first 2 possessions), we will have to grind it out and open up the PA pass.

Defensively, Oakland will probably attempt to stretch the field early. If they don't, we'll jump out to a lead, but we'll fight to keep it if our guys get beat and have to resort to holding/PA on the opponent's drives.

Also of concern is the conditioning of the defense. I think part of their problems in the 4th quarters is that they blitz so hard throughout the game that they're absolutely spent near the end of the game. That said, it's unlikely that we'll be able to maintain a big lead with all of those weapons in the passing game (and our propensity to hold receivers on big drives). I think the game will be a shootout, but come down to a 7-10 point Denver win, with Oakland mounting a comeback late in the game, but simply running out of time ala New England.
                    Last edited by Lomax; 11-08-2005, 09:23 PM.
                    "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Aw Yes. Raiders week is always great!

One thing that I thought of was Shanny having too much time to plan for this game. Out think himself. He wants these Raider games just as bad as the fans and players.

I could see him sitting in the dark, behind an old oak desk, puffing on a big cigar and throwing crumpled up paper wads towards the corner wastebasket.
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

DENVER BRONCOS (6-2) AT OAKLAND RAIDERS (3-5)
                        STORYLINE: Battle of the efficient QBs

In perhaps the two most important statistics for a quarterback -- touchdowns and interceptions -- Denver's Jake Plummer and Oakland's Kerry Collins match up perfectly. Each has 12 TDs on the season and only three INTs apiece -- tying for the second fewest pickoffs in the NFL.

Of course, the big difference through the season's first half is wins and losses. Here Plummer outranks Collins, although three of Oakland's losses come by a total of only 13 points.

The game's running backs are matched evenly too. At the 600-yard mark are Denver's Mike Anderson (604) and Tatum Bell (562) and Oakland's LaMont Jordan (592).

This is one of the NFL's great rivalries, no matter the records (Denver has won 15 of the last 20 meetings under coach Mike Shanahan). "It's Raiders-Broncos," says Denver K Jason Elam. "It's tough to beat that anywhere in the NFL."
                        President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                        I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Every year, one team from the west gives us a game. We just have to keep playing hard, and bronco football.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomax
                            Gabriel and Whitted have more yards AND receptions than Adams and Devoe, and Gabriel is averaging 17 yards per reception. I wouldn't go so far as to say that Denver is DEEP at receiver (if we were, would all these people be salivating over TO, a guy who obviously kills the confidence and morale of anyone wearing the same team logo?).

I still like our match-up against Oakland's defensive backfield, and I think we'll actually come out throwing to exploit it early. Of note is that Burgess is on pace to have 14 sacks, and Sapp is on pace for 10. They can pressure the QB, as was pretty evident in their performance at KC. I think Hamilton and Nalen will have to double Sapp, leaving Lepsis on an island against Burgess. Rod is the only WR who can really beat aggressive coverage, so if we lose the battle in the trenches (we'll know after the first 2 possessions), we will have to grind it out and open up the PA pass.

Defensively, Oakland will probably attempt to stretch the field early. If they don't, we'll jump out to a lead, but we'll fight to keep it if our guys get beat and have to resort to holding/PA on the opponent's drives.

Also of concern is the conditioning of the defense. I think part of their problems in the 4th quarters is that they blitz so hard throughout the game that they're absolutely spent near the end of the game. That said, it's unlikely that we'll be able to maintain a big lead with all of those weapons in the passing game (and our propensity to hold receivers on big drives). I think the game will be a shootout, but come down to a 7-10 point Denver win, with Oakland mounting a comeback late in the game, but simply running out of time ala New England.
                            That's a pretty fair anaylysis. The two keys to the game are how well Oakland handles the Denver blitzes and how well they stop the run on D. Oakland has struggled agains the blitz this year and Denver blitzes all the time so they will have to do a better job of protecting Collins or running shorter routes.

Oakland's run defense has been very good in some games and suspect in others. The Dline is very good against the run, they are hard to block and don't get driven back. However, the linebackers and secondary will overrun gaps, leaving the cutback open, and the tackling is suspect.

Comment

This is our typical mid season trap game. You can't just look at the records and say we are going to win by double digits.

I am scared of this game. I hate coming off of bye weeks when we have so much momentum. I am the biggest homer around, but won't be surprised if we go into the 4th quarter in Oakland with a battle on our hands. If thats the case, anything can happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X