Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The AFC West is offensive

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The AFC West is offensive

    The AFC West is offensive, so to speak.

    Offensive rankings:

    Denver #3
    Kansas City #7
    San Diego #10
    Oakland #13


    But they're not defensive about it....

    Defensive rankings:

    San Diego #21
    Denver #22
    Oakland #23
    Kansas City #28


    I just found the disparity interesting and thought I'd pass it on.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

  • #2
    Who needs defense when you can out score everybody. It works for USC in the PAC-10=schools for girls.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by sportsgeist
      Who needs defense when you can out score everybody. It works for USC in the PAC-10=schools for girls.
      But that's not the NFL. The Colts have been running up the score against everyone the past few years but it hasn't brought a title.
      John 11: 25-27

      My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



      Thanks Snk16

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TXBRONC
        But that's not the NFL. The Colts have been running up the score against everyone the past few years but it hasn't brought a title.
        It worked for the Rams when they won the Super Bowl

        Comment


        • #5
          Not sure what they base their offensive and defensive rankings on. On the NFL sites under standings, they show points for/points against for each team within their division.

          Broncos - points for - 201, points against - 152
          Chiefs - points for - 196 - points against - 183
          SD - points for - 252 - points against - 192
          Oakland - points for - 185 - points against - 185

          San Diego has scored 252 points, vs Broncos scoring 201, therefore, this is not what they go on because you noted that offensively the Broncos are ranked #3, and SD is ranked #10.

          Does anyone know what all is included in their rankings? Sorry if it is somewhere and I missed it.


          Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

          Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by sportsgeist
            Who needs defense when you can out score everybody. It works for USC in the PAC-10=schools for girls.
            Well, the NFL is way different.

            The super bowl teams have good D, and medicore Offense.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by B4Bronco16
              Well, the NFL is way different.

              The super bowl teams have good D, and medicore Offense.

              I'm no pats fan, but you're saying the pats offense has been "mediocre"?

              In the 90's, the cowboys offense was mediocre? Emmit smith was, Troy Aikman, mediocre? Jerry rice, Steven young, mediocre?

              Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Denver Native
                Not sure what they base their offensive and defensive rankings on. On the NFL sites under standings, they show points for/points against for each team within their division.

                Broncos - points for - 201, points against - 152
                Chiefs - points for - 196 - points against - 183
                SD - points for - 252 - points against - 192
                Oakland - points for - 185 - points against - 185

                San Diego has scored 252 points, vs Broncos scoring 201, therefore, this is not what they go on because you noted that offensively the Broncos are ranked #3, and SD is ranked #10.

                Does anyone know what all is included in their rankings? Sorry if it is somewhere and I missed it.
                The most common rankings quoted are based on total yards per game. The "per game" part is important because a few teams, including San Diego, still haven't had their bye week yet.

                Here are the offensive and defensive charts I used:

                NFL's offensive rankings

                NFL's defensive rankings

                Now if you go by points scored per game, here are the rankings:

                San Diego #3, Denver #7, Kansas City #8, and Oakland #12
                "You can't take the sky from me..."
                ------
                "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Javalon
                  The most common rankings quoted are based on total yards per game. The "per game" part is important because a few teams, including San Diego, still haven't had their bye week yet.

                  Here are the offensive and defensive charts I used:

                  NFL's offensive rankings

                  NFL's defensive rankings

                  Now if you go by points scored per game, here are the rankings:

                  San Diego #3, Denver #7, Kansas City #8, and Oakland #12
                  Thank you for the information - guess bottom line is regardless what the statistics are, just outscore your opponent each week.


                  Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

                  Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Denver Native
                    Thank you for the information - guess bottom line is regardless what the statistics are, just outscore your opponent each week.
                    Yep, you're right about that one. Stats are fun to look at but they definitely don't tell the whole story. The only stats that really matter are the standings. Denver is 6 - 2 and leads the AFC West. I'll take that stat any day of the week.
                    "You can't take the sky from me..."
                    ------
                    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Javalon
                      The AFC West is offensive, so to speak.

                      Offensive rankings:

                      Denver #3
                      Kansas City #7
                      San Diego #10
                      Oakland #13


                      But they're not defensive about it....

                      Defensive rankings:

                      San Diego #21
                      Denver #22
                      Oakland #23
                      Kansas City #28


                      I just found the disparity interesting and thought I'd pass it on.
                      It's a little deceptive. Our D is actually a lot better than that. We just keep letting the other team get back in the game in the second half (minus the Eagles). If we can pick up where we left off in the Eagles game, I think we'll dominate in both categories.
                      The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Javalon
                        The AFC West is offensive, so to speak.

                        Offensive rankings:

                        Denver #3
                        Kansas City #7
                        San Diego #10
                        Oakland #13


                        But they're not defensive about it....

                        Defensive rankings:

                        San Diego #21
                        Denver #22
                        Oakland #23
                        Kansas City #28


                        I just found the disparity interesting and thought I'd pass it on.
                        our defense is better than #22......that ranking is probally because of the passing yards we give up isnt it?
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Javalon
                          Yep, you're right about that one. Stats are fun to look at but they definitely don't tell the whole story. The only stats that really matter are the standings. Denver is 6 - 2 and leads the AFC West. I'll take that stat any day of the week.

                          Yep, I even got tired of hearing about how last year we had the #4 D and the #5 offense of vise versa, but look at our record. I would much rather have a better overall team then have top 5 in stats. That got us no where.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            all bronco fans should understand by now

                            that those rankings dont mean CRAP

                            our broncos have been


                            top 10 O number 5 last year
                            top 10 D number 4 last year

                            weve been the most balanced team the last 3 years with D and O ranking in top 10
                            but we havent gotten any where

                            so if we give up 2000 yards a game and get 1 yard per game

                            but score more points and win and go all the way to the SB

                            i wouldnt care

                            if we were ranked 31st and 31st

                            cause it doesnt matter cause it means jack

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16
                              all bronco fans should understand by now

                              that those rankings dont mean CRAP

                              our broncos have been


                              top 10 O number 5 last year
                              top 10 D number 4 last year

                              weve been the most balanced team the last 3 years with D and O ranking in top 10
                              but we havent gotten any where

                              so if we give up 2000 yards a game and get 1 yard per game

                              but score more points and win and go all the way to the SB

                              i wouldnt care

                              if we were ranked 31st and 31st

                              cause it doesnt matter cause it means jack
                              Damn.......relax.....
                              "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                              tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                              men."

                              -- Samuel Adams

                              sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X