Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bootleg or pocket pass against Raiders?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bootleg or pocket pass against Raiders?

    I know the key is to take what the opposition gives you, but I'm guessing bootlegging would be the Broncos' best bet against the Raiders. Whaddya think?

    Oh, and who to run? Anderson or Bell?

  • #2
    Raiders are gonna stack the box to stop the run... Bootlegs will be key as always, but I look for some deep pocket passes, and look for alot of screens. The Chiefs seemed to have decent success with them.

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't think there is ONE answer to any of those questions. Actually, there IS one answer to give you..... YES.

      Yes we should throw from the pocket, and yes we should roll out. Obviously you can't roll out all the time, and obviously it wouldn't be good to sit Plummer in the pocket all the time.

      Who to run.. the answer is YES. Yes you run Anderson, and Yes.. you run Bell.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Ravage!!!
        I don't think there is ONE answer to any of those questions. Actually, there IS one answer to give you..... YES.

        I disagree. If they stack the box, then Jake should stay loose and bootleg a lot. He'll open it up, and then run the hell out of Anderson and Bell. Again, take what they give ya. My guess is the Faiders will give up one more than the other.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jtomasik
          I disagree. If they stack the box, then Jake should stay loose and bootleg a lot. He'll open it up, and then run the hell out of Anderson and Bell. Again, take what they give ya. My guess is the Faiders will give up one more than the other.

          Alright.. lets count during the game. YOu count how many times they bootleg and roll out, and count how many times they throw from the pocket. We'll then see if they do more than one or the other, or if they do both.... I'm still sticking with the odds of doing more from the pocket, with the occasional roll-out and bootleg. Why? Because that the only way the roll-out and bootleg work, when its occasional.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Ravage!!!
            Because that the only way the roll-out and bootleg work, when its occasional.
            Exactly!!!! Any play, running or passing, loses its effectiveness if overused. If they do nothing but bootleg every pass play any defense will adjust and stop it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jtomasik
              I know the key is to take what the opposition gives you, but I'm guessing bootlegging would be the Broncos' best bet against the Raiders. Whaddya think?

              Oh, and who to run? Anderson or Bell?

              YES and run the ball like crazywith both of them.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jtomasik
                Bootleg or pocket pass against Raiders?
                Yes.



                -----

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jtomasik
                  I know the key is to take what the opposition gives you, but I'm guessing bootlegging would be the Broncos' best bet against the Raiders. Whaddya think?

                  Oh, and who to run? Anderson or Bell?
                  Well... we bootleg against everyone so why stop now?
                  The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    See.. I TOLD you the answer was yes *pointing up to the responses above*

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I was thinking about this today. I think we will come out passing in this game to open up the running game much like we did against the Eagles.

                      We can come out and dink and dunk all day to soften up the D, hit a rollout deep ball and then start running it. I don't think that the running game has to be hitting on all buttons in order for the rollout to work. Just the threat of our running game will make the rollout work.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        i rather go with bootleg, since the raiders defense aint good, that would open up the passing game more 4 plummer. also i would go with anderson in this game..


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by LABRONCO
                          i rather go with bootleg, since the raiders defense aint good, that would open up the passing game more 4 plummer. also i would go with anderson in this game..

                          If I know the Faiders, dont let their stats fool you. You know how they play whenever they play us. They can be the worst team in the NFL with no wins and the worst offense and defense, while Broncos can be undefeated with the number 1 offense and number 1 defense and they still have a good chance at winning this game.

                          The raiders are the Broncos most dangerous team to play, only because of the rivalry the hate and we going to their house. That alone tells you that the Raiders stats aren't important.


                          Always remember to blow out the flame before drinking!!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            BOOTLEG BOOTLEG BOOTLEG BOOTLEG!!!!!!

                            but we can do all the other stuff to......we should take a balanced attack and see what the defense is doing and adjust to that
                            sigpic
                            DROY

                            Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #98

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Is this a serious post? I mean....Plummer is best on the bootleg....and both running backs share the runs equally and we win....

                              "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

                              sigpic
                              -The best in the business-

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X