Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't get too excited about 6-2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Don't get too excited about 6-2

    Just looking over out stats & history.

    Little bit if deja vu'

    Last time we were 6-2 was in 2002, our final year we Griese. One of those two losses that year was to the Dolphins. This year we lost to the Dolphins

    We had lost @ the Ravens that year, this year we play them at home.

    Second half of that season we went 3-5, finished at 9-7


    We lost 2x the the Raiders in the second half of the season, this year we still face them 2x.

    We lost @ the Chargers in the second half, we still have to play there this year

    We lost @ the Jets second half that year, we play them at home in 2 weeks.

    We are a different team than that year but face the same task of trying to win and get to the playoffs. A good note about that year, we swept the Chefs.

    So lets start by breaking the trend and beat the snot out of the Raiders!!! '
    Whoo hoo!
    Last edited by Elway; 11-10-2005, 09:23 AM.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

  • #2
    Do not forget out midseason slumps.

    Do not forget that we play down to teams.



    Hopefully we can erase these and restore confidence.

    sigpic

    Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

    There are three things you can expect in life:

    1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

    Comment


    • #3
      I really believe this year is different... and I hope to God I'm right... *sigh* I can't take 5 more losses.... my heart will break... Say it aint so, Elway... Say it aint so...
      Thanks, Reid!
      sigpic
      Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by lordtrychon
        I really believe this year is different... and I hope to God I'm right... *sigh* I can't take 5 more losses.... my heart will break... Say it aint so, Elway... Say it aint so...
        We we have Plummer and not Griese so that should be a big difference since that year Griese ended up riding the pine bench!

        Just weird how with the same record as that year at this point we face most of the same teams around the same time of the season.

        I expect a lot more from this team. We are better defensively and Anderbell is kicking it big time.

        I even like our playcalling over previous years, not to say Shanny still does not have the occasional brainfart, but we seem to be calling the right plays in the right situation.


        Now if we can just get past sitting on leads and get that killer instinct.
        The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          If you like working on previous years. The last time we lost to Miami and New york in the same season, we won the superbowl.
          "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
          Ayrton Senna..

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by y2cragie
            If you like working on previous years. The last time we lost to Miami and New york in the same season, we won the superbowl.
            Nice... and we were also 14-2....
            Thanks, Reid!
            sigpic
            Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Elway
              Just looking over out stats & history.

              Little bit if deja vu'

              Last time we were 6-2 was in 2002, our final year we Griese. One of those two losses that year was to the Dolphins. This year we lost to the Dolphins

              We had lost @ the Ravens that year, this year we play them at home.

              Second half of that season we went 3-5, finished at 9-7


              We lost 2x the the Raiders in the second half of the season, this year we still face them 2x.

              We lost @ the Chargers in the second half, we still have to play there this year

              We lost @ the Jets second half that year, we play them at home in 2 weeks.

              We are a different team than that year but face the same task of trying to win and get to the playoffs. A good note about that year, we swept the Chefs.

              So lets start by breaking the trend and beat the snot out of the Raiders!!! '
              Whoo hoo!
              the Raiders and Ravens and Dolphins were good that yearand this year, not so much. We had Griese and as everyone knows hes washed up.

              the last two years we were 5-3 and now we broke the trend with 6-2. I feel the trend had already begun to shatter
              “The Oakland raiders are so bad.”
              “How bad are they???”
              “They’re so bad that they get ______ed by every
              Team”

              04 plummer4presdnt 139
              10/11+ / 8 / 8+ / 9+ /11/ 10 / 9+ / 7 / 8 / 8 / 9 /7 /6 /6+ / 7

              4th in Bronco pick'em

              Comment


              • #8
                just remember its a new season now hte last 3 years we were 6-2!!

                Now we have to get the job done in the end with 5 road games ahead of us including a shortened week with dallas on thanksgiving and the dreaded month of december
                thank god its football season again

                broncos and yankees--champions go together

                Comment


                • #9
                  Don't forget that this is a totally different season

                  Don't forget that we have different players.
                  Don't forget that statistics don't play the game.
                  Don't forget that as long a E (Emancipator) is in his homer mood he will remind of of the positives of being 6-2.

                  6-2 is something to get excited about.
                  We aren't 5-3, we aren't 4-4, we aren't 3-5, we aren't 2-6, we aren't 1-7, we aren't 0-8. Those are the main reasons to be excited about being 6-2.

                  Now that I got my homerism out the way. I think it would be better served to say don't forget that we still have 8 regular season games to play. 6-2 is something to be excited about. We just don't want to overlook the upcoming games. By the way, we play raiders Sunday. Should be a good game and win for the Broncos.

                  Believe it or not, it will be their KR - Carr that we need to contain. Then Moss, Porter, Jordan, and Collins. .
                  Emancipate your mind!
                  The People's Poster

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Emancipator
                    Don't forget that we have different players.
                    Don't forget that statistics don't play the game.
                    Don't forget that as long a E (Emancipator) is in his homer mood he will remind of of the positives of being 6-2.

                    6-2 is something to get excited about.
                    We aren't 5-3, we aren't 4-4, we aren't 3-5, we aren't 2-6, we aren't 1-7, we aren't 0-8. Those are the main reasons to be excited about being 6-2.

                    Now that I got my homerism out the way. I think it would be better served to say don't forget that we still have 8 regular season games to play. 6-2 is something to be excited about. We just don't want to overlook the upcoming games. By the way, we play raiders Sunday. Should be a good game and win for the Broncos.

                    Believe it or not, it will be their KR - Carr that we need to contain. Then Moss, Porter, Jordan, and Collins. .

                    TRUE.
                    TRUE.
                    TRUE.
                    Why do fans always concentrate on the negatives and are always so cautious.....
                    If the real Elway would of believed in history repeating itself, would he had won the 2 SBs, especially when the AFC had not won in 13 straight years...........
                    FORGET ABOUT 2001!
                    FORGET ABOUT 2002!
                    FORGET ALL THE NEGATIVES!!

                    WE ARE 6-2, on route to goin 14-2 and challenging the Colts for the AFC Championship!

                    THAT IS 2005!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Emancipator
                      Now that I got my homerism out the way. I think it would be better served to say don't forget that we still have 8 regular season games to play. 6-2 is something to be excited about. We just don't want to overlook the upcoming games. .

                      Great point E. Before you agree with yourself, I will do it for you. We should be excited about being 6-2, though I do share the OP's concern for the future. 6-2 is great, but these last 8 games are most impt. Its not how you start, but how you finish that matters (IE playoffs). Hopefully we can get on a nice winning streak, and reach the playoffs hot. I just hope we can sneak into having the bye, and home field for our 1st playoff game. The key is to take the winnable games, and hopefully get 1 of the 2 at KC, or at San Diego which could be tough.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You and the OP are right. There is a concern.

                        Originally posted by ydave77
                        Great point E. Before you agree with yourself, I will do it for you. We should be excited about being 6-2, though I do share the OP's concern for the future. 6-2 is great, but these last 8 games are most impt. Its not how you start, but how you finish that matters (IE playoffs). Hopefully we can get on a nice winning streak, and reach the playoffs hot. I just hope we can sneak into having the bye, and home field for our 1st playoff game. The key is to take the winnable games, and hopefully get 1 of the 2 at KC, or at San Diego which could be tough.
                        How did you know I use that answer myself technique?..........funny. I try to sneak those in every now and then.

                        I know what Elway was saying, I just wanted to add my homerism to the thread, by the way.......just because you caught me responding to myself in the past.....I'm going to start add to your totals 2 pts.......here is a Cp for you.
                        Emancipate your mind!
                        The People's Poster

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Elway
                          Just looking over out stats & history.

                          Little bit if deja vu'

                          Last time we were 6-2 was in 2002, our final year we Griese. One of those two losses that year was to the Dolphins. This year we lost to the Dolphins

                          We had lost @ the Ravens that year, this year we play them at home.

                          Second half of that season we went 3-5, finished at 9-7


                          We lost 2x the the Raiders in the second half of the season, this year we still face them 2x.

                          We lost @ the Chargers in the second half, we still have to play there this year

                          We lost @ the Jets second half that year, we play them at home in 2 weeks.

                          We are a different team than that year but face the same task of trying to win and get to the playoffs. A good note about that year, we swept the Chefs.

                          So lets start by breaking the trend and beat the snot out of the Raiders!!! '
                          Whoo hoo!
                          NAZI! This post is pointless

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Heres an interesting and good fact that I picked up at a Raiders board no less. I don't remember it exactly but it was either...the only times the Raiders have swept the Broncos they have gone to the Super Bowl or....the only times they have gone to the Super Bowl they have swept the Broncos....slight but important difference there

                            either way, we know they aren't going to the Super Bowl so good news for us no matter what!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Elway

                              Last time we were 6-2 was in 2002, our final year we Griese. One of those two losses that year was to the Dolphins. This year we lost to the Dolphins

                              Bolded the key words,


                              "When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                              - Carl Sagan

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X