Don't get too excited about 6-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emancipator
    How did you know I use that answer myself technique?..........funny. I try to sneak those in every now and then.

Hahah, I remember it bc I wish I thought of it myself. Its pretty funny, and I am not sure everyone realizes it when you do it. I need to get my own shtick though, maybe I will start changing peoples quotes like this:

Originally posted by Emancipator
    The tally is in, and all the emanicipaniacs agree, ydave77 you are undoubtedly greatest poster in the history of Broncomania. I wish to donate all my CP to you, I will alert the mods of my request.
    But then I am guessing there will be folk, that dont take kindly to that. Er something.

Comment

What is it they say....

about trading in the stock market? It applies here:

"past performance does not reflect future earnings..."
      (or something to that affect)
      sigpic
      Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
      -Sean Payton

Comment

Now that was good.

Originally posted by ydave77
        Hahah, I remember it bc I wish I thought of it myself. Its pretty funny, and I am not sure everyone realizes it when you do it. I need to get my own shtick though, maybe I will start changing peoples quotes like this:

But then I am guessing there will be folk, that dont take kindly to that. Er something.
        That was cool you are very creative. Not stop taking all my CPs I have to spread them around.
        Emancipate your mind!
        The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by lordtrychon
          Nice... and we were also 14-2....
          But difference was that both of those losses came the end of the season. We were 13-0 going against the Giants and we lost to them then to the Dolphins the next week.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Basic point being, we have been here before. With the remaining games ahead of us we need to make sure that particular spot in history does not repeat itself.

I like this team we have. It shows great promise, even if we still have areas of concern. Some prognosticators only had us going 6-10 and are eating their predictions right about now.

We can't afford the mindset that we have made the playoffs or championship bound yet. One game at a time. We focus on that we actually have a chance to go pretty far this year.

Kudos to those who caught the gist of the thread and the fact it was the GRIESE years. Just pointing out similarities so hopefully the team will not let history repeat itself. All the teams we face are different from the ones back then, but that does not mean we can afford to overlook them, esp with 5 road games.

To those who pointed out again the 14-2 team and the similar losses, nothing I would like more than for us to follow that stat.
            The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
              Just looking over out stats & history.

Little bit if deja vu'

Last time we were 6-2 was in 2002, our final year we Griese. One of those two losses that year was to the Dolphins. This year we lost to the Dolphins

I remember that year...my only broncos game I've ever been to (vs. the Cardinals in the last home game)...I think Tampa Bay (maybe Atlanta) was playing...AH who was it...the team we were fighting for that last playoff spot (Cleveland Perhaps?). Anyways, we needed Tampa to win and us to win to make it...I remember watching the end of that game in the concourse before the broncs game started. Tampa had the ball 1st and goal inside the 5 and ran it 4 times to warrick dunn and got stuffed. I was so pissed off...

Thanks Snk

Comment

Originally posted by ColRockies_5
                I remember that year...my only broncos game I've ever been to (vs. the Cardinals in the last home game)...I think Tampa Bay (maybe Atlanta) was playing...AH who was it...the team we were fighting for that last playoff spot (Cleveland Perhaps?). Anyways, we needed Tampa to win and us to win to make it...I remember watching the end of that game in the concourse before the broncs game started. Tampa had the ball 1st and goal inside the 5 and ran it 4 times to warrick dunn and got stuffed. I was so pissed off...
                That was Atlanta playing at Cleveland, They had the ball at the Goal line, Dan Reeves was the Atlanta Coach. An Atlanta win would send Denver to the playoffs over Cleveland. Reeves called a series of what I can only describe as questionable calls there, consider the players he had and Cleveland stopped them from scoring. There was a conspiracy theory that he did that on purpose, but who knows. It's all in the past now.
                The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Basic point being, we have been here before. With the remaining games ahead of us we need to make sure that particular spot in history does not repeat itself.

We can't afford the mindset that we have made the playoffs or championship bound yet. One game at a time. We focus on that we actually have a chance to go pretty far this year.
                  Shortened Elways quote, not to be taken out of context.

We are fans, I personally will let the players carry the load of not letting history repeat itself or getting the mindset of being playoff bound, god knows they get paid for it. I will direct my stress elsewhere and enjoy the momentum, be cocky, talk smack, and overall be very proud of what we have done thus far. Especially with all the early season critizism of Plummer, our D line, our bad pickups, etc.

I understand Elways point, but I am riding this bubble till it pops. If it does... won't be the first time.
                  Last edited by WyoBroncoMan; 11-10-2005, 10:41 PM.

And the latest player to be bought for the right price from Boston....

Johnny Damon

Comment

Just looking over out stats & history.

Little bit if deja vu'

Last time we were 6-2 was in 2002, our final year we Griese. One of those two losses that year was to the Dolphins. This year we lost to the Dolphins

We are a different team than that year but face the same task of trying to win and get to the playoffs. A good note about that year, we swept the Chefs.
                    There's a bit of sad trivia for ya. The last QB to win in KC is Griese.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X