Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow talk about getting some love

I figured you guys would love this. From ten nfl truths on espn.com

5. There's this tall tale circulating around the NFL that the Oakland Raiders are playing good football, having won three of their last five football games and having outplayed the Chiefs in a loss Sunday. Don't believe the hype.

Kerry Collins is a clipboard carrier masquerading as an NFL starter. Collins is inaccurate, foolish and has a terrible case of happy feet. Equally bad is Norv Turner's play-calling. Although Turner's ability to call plays is compromised by Collins' stupidity.

I mention all of this because the boys in Vegas are expecting the Raiders to stay within a field goal of Mike Shanahan's Denver Broncos this weekend. Shanahan still hates Al Davis. Randy Moss still isn't healthy. And Trevor Pryce is going to make Clipboard Collins wet his pants.

link to the article

sorry if this has been posted already but I tought it was hilarious
    Last edited by broncofan27; 11-10-2005, 10:37 AM.
    I will be a Denver Bronco for life. Nothing else matters.

Very interesting article.

However, I don't think that writer really knows Kerry Collins. Kerry is a tough competitive QB. I like the way he plays. I think we can get to him. By the way, Kerry has only thrown 3 Ints this season if I'm correct (could be wrong, but I'm not going to go check). Trevor should get to him several times with knock downs and hopefully two sacks or 3. But I don't think Kerry is afraid not one bit.

Go Broncos.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator
      However, I don't think that writer really knows Kerry Collins. Kerry is a tough competitive QB. I like the way he plays. I think we can get to him. By the way, Kerry has only thrown 3 Ints this season if I'm correct (could be wrong, but I'm not going to go check). Trevor should get to him several times with knock downs and hopefully two sacks or 3. But I don't think Kerry is afraid not one bit.

Go Broncos.

Yep, 12 TDs, 3 INTs.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

The author, Jason Whitlock, is a funny SOB!
        I agree with the guy in all he says, with some execution we will score at will against these jokers.
        Collins will be changing his diapers by halftime, and Trevor Pryce will be starting in the Pro Bowl in February thanks to Collins.....

Comment

Originally posted by The|Snake#16
          Yep, 12 TDs, 3 INTs.
          The exact same #'s as Plummer. 12tds 3 picks. I wouldnt count out the Raiders against us just yet.

Comment

As much as i love the broncos and hate the raiders with a vengence, I have to admit that Collins is a pretty good QB. He has the same stats tds and ints wise but has about 400 yds more than plummer. Collins has been decently effecient as he throws more than plummer and is still able to avoid throwing more ints.
            "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens."

"Basically my wife was immature. I'd be at home in the bath and she'd come in and sink my boats."

"I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government."

"I have bad reflexes. I was once run over by a car being pushed by two guys."

"I don't think my parents liked me. They put a live teddy bear in my crib."

Quotes by Woody Allen-----Hehehehehe

Comment

That will be a funny sight. Bailey and Moss both are hurt and both of them will be limping around all game.

Comment

Originally posted by ydave77
                The exact same #'s as Plummer. 12tds 3 picks. I wouldnt count out the Raiders against us just yet.
                Collins may have 3 Ints, but he also has serveral fumbles over Jake. He tends to turn the ball over more by fumbles than Ints.

Still Raiders are a thread untill shown otherwise.
                "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator

Go Broncos.
                  You're correct. Collins has only thrown three picks. If I'm not mistaken he has 12 tds to 3 ints identical to Jakes numbers.

Although the comment about Collins wetting his pants is a bit extreme I think what the I is getting at is that Collins doesn't handle pressure well. Collins also doesn't have very good foot work in sliding away from the rush. At least what I've heard.
                  John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                    You're correct. Collins has only thrown three picks. If I'm not mistaken he has 12 tds to 3 ints identical to Jakes numbers.

Although the comment about Collins wetting his pants is a bit extreme I think what the I is getting at is that Collins doesn't handle pressure well. Collins also doesn't have very good foot work in sliding away from the rush. At least what I've heard.
                    When I just watched him play against the Chiefs.. I couldn't BELIEVE how he literally turned and ran from the rush. He's truly a QB that doesn't handle pressure in his face at all. I KNOW we put pressure on the QB better than the Chiefs do. I see us taking the same approach against Collins as we did against Philly and McNabb. SHOVING people into his face and knocking him down.. he will be so rattled.

Comment

Ratings comparisions for Plummer vs Collins, straight from the NFL site

Passing
                      Rating: Plummer 91.3/Collins 88.3
                      Sacks: Plummer 10/Collins 17
                      Interceptions: Plummer 3/Collins 3
                      Att/Cmp %: Plummer 59.5/Collins 55.5
                      Yards/Game: Plummer 205.5/Collins 257.1

Rushing
                      TD's: Plummer 1/Collins 0
                      Yards: Plummer 69/Collins 17
                      Yards/Game: Plummer 8.6/Collins 2.1
                      Longest: Plummer 22/Collins 8

Fumbles: Plummer 2/Collins 7

Don't know about you, but Plummer looks pretty damn good! And then there's the rest of the team!

Offense
                      Penalties: Denver 50/406 yds vs Oakland 81/655 yds
                      Rushing TD's: Denver 11/Oakland 8
                      Average Points/Game: Denver 25.1/Oakland 23.1

Defense

Yards/game: Denver 332.8/Oakland 335.9
                      Interceptions: Denver 7/Oakland 2
                      Sacks: Denver 10/Oakland 20
                      TD's: Denver 12/Oakland 11

While Collins and Plummer may have the same stats for TD's and Int's, Denver has a much better Offense and Defense to back Plummer up, than Collins does!
                      President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                      I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                        When I just watched him play against the Chiefs.. I couldn't BELIEVE how he literally turned and ran from the rush. He's truly a QB that doesn't handle pressure in his face at all. I KNOW we put pressure on the QB better than the Chiefs do. I see us taking the same approach against Collins as we did against Philly and McNabb. SHOVING people into his face and knocking him down.. he will be so rattled.

Yep. I agree I think we will take a similar approach with Collins. Of coarse the other key for us is we have to have long drives that lead to points so we can keep their offense off the field.
                        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                          Yep. I agree I think we will take a similar approach with Collins. Of coarse the other key for us is we have to have long drives that lead to points so we can keep their offense off the field.

Absolutely.....

Comment

I got to throw my two cents on this, everyone has been looking at the match-up between the QB's.
                            I think the Norv Turner factor is going to loose the game for Oakland! Anyone who compromises their coaching with Al is, well When Denver isn't playing and you watch other games like the Raiders Chiefs game and don't see a good drive until the last 2 minutes of the game, you just don't see a team that is on the same page!
                            As for the QB matchup, when Randy was healthy or not, Collins would try to air the long ball out, that is what he is there for, throw it as far as he can. I expected higher passing yardage numbers from them, that is what they are built for and when you run the ball as poorly as they do, got to go to the air!

I also like the article that Fox News put out about the top ten overpaid NFL players out there, and wouldn't you know it, Oakland has two. (Sapp and Woodsen).

Comment

thats a funny article, but I hope we don't look past the Raiders this week. This is the first time in a long time that I have felt nervous about a game. I just want us to keep the ball rolling. It would be nice to have the division wrapped up come week 13 or 14.

Comment

Working...
                              X