X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncoFanCam
    replied
    Originally posted by watchthemiddle
    thats a funny article, but I hope we don't look past the Raiders this week. This is the first time in a long time that I have felt nervous about a game. I just want us to keep the ball rolling. It would be nice to have the division wrapped up come week 13 or 14.
    I agree 100%, we can not afford to take ANYONE for granted, and somehow think we have any of these remaining games 'wrapped up'.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeShadow
    replied
    Trevor Pryce is going to make Clipboard Collins wet his pants.

Leave a comment:

• psychobilly
    replied
    This game could put Trevor Price in the HOF. However, don't forget we have done our best to put Mark Ripien, Phil Simms, Doug Williams, Mark Brunell.....in there too!

Leave a comment:

• Perry1977
    replied
    Yeah don't get too c0cky yet, boys. We still have 60 minutes of football to play before we get a "W" in Oakland.

Leave a comment:

• WyoBroncoMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Tatortot
    As much as i love the broncos and hate the raiders with a vengence, I have to admit that Collins is a pretty good QB. He has the same stats tds and ints wise but has about 400 yds more than plummer. Collins has been decently effecient as he throws more than plummer and is still able to avoid throwing more ints.
    Not singling out Tatortot (is that a Ron White thing, cause it makes me laugh! ) but my wife has been a giants fan ever since I met her, and when Collins played for the Giants he looked absolutely horrible. The thing he lacked the most was pocket presence. It always seems the best QBs seem to have eyes in the back of their heads and Collins' back side was very vulnerable. With the pressure Denver has been putting on opposing QBs, I think they will attack a lot from Collins' blind spot. He won't have a chance.

Leave a comment:

• Elway
    replied
    Heck, I get nervous about everygame... any given Sunday... and until the final second ticks off. This team has had 2 week to prepare for Oakland, they know KC & SD won last week and know we need a win to keep up the lead. No one will be overlooking a thing. We have won last 2 years in Oakland, but our team knows that means nothing this time around.

We do what we try to do to all the teams we face, get a big lead, make them one dimensional and hope the D can stop them or the O can continue to pour it on.

I don't expect Collines to wet himself, but I wouldn't mind him pulling grass out of his earhole on a regular basis.

Leave a comment:

• YOUNGERJKSPEE
    replied
    thats a funny article, but I hope we don't look past the Raiders this week. This is the first time in a long time that I have felt nervous about a game. I just want us to keep the ball rolling. It would be nice to have the division wrapped up come week 13 or 14.
    You couldn't be more right!!

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Middle, I don't think whether 'we' overlook the faiders will matter, one iota......

I highly doubt the team will:
    in first place
    in oakland
    revenge revenge revenge

Leave a comment:

• watchthemiddle
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Seamus
    replied
    I got to throw my two cents on this, everyone has been looking at the match-up between the QB's.
    I think the Norv Turner factor is going to loose the game for Oakland! Anyone who compromises their coaching with Al is, well When Denver isn't playing and you watch other games like the Raiders Chiefs game and don't see a good drive until the last 2 minutes of the game, you just don't see a team that is on the same page!
    As for the QB matchup, when Randy was healthy or not, Collins would try to air the long ball out, that is what he is there for, throw it as far as he can. I expected higher passing yardage numbers from them, that is what they are built for and when you run the ball as poorly as they do, got to go to the air!

I also like the article that Fox News put out about the top ten overpaid NFL players out there, and wouldn't you know it, Oakland has two. (Sapp and Woodsen).

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by TXBRONC
    Yep. I agree I think we will take a similar approach with Collins. Of coarse the other key for us is we have to have long drives that lead to points so we can keep their offense off the field.

Absolutely.....

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    When I just watched him play against the Chiefs.. I couldn't BELIEVE how he literally turned and ran from the rush. He's truly a QB that doesn't handle pressure in his face at all. I KNOW we put pressure on the QB better than the Chiefs do. I see us taking the same approach against Collins as we did against Philly and McNabb. SHOVING people into his face and knocking him down.. he will be so rattled.

Yep. I agree I think we will take a similar approach with Collins. Of coarse the other key for us is we have to have long drives that lead to points so we can keep their offense off the field.

Leave a comment:

• Kapaibro
    replied
    Ratings comparisions for Plummer vs Collins, straight from the NFL site

Passing
    Rating: Plummer 91.3/Collins 88.3
    Sacks: Plummer 10/Collins 17
    Interceptions: Plummer 3/Collins 3
    Att/Cmp %: Plummer 59.5/Collins 55.5
    Yards/Game: Plummer 205.5/Collins 257.1

Rushing
    TD's: Plummer 1/Collins 0
    Yards: Plummer 69/Collins 17
    Yards/Game: Plummer 8.6/Collins 2.1
    Longest: Plummer 22/Collins 8

Fumbles: Plummer 2/Collins 7

Don't know about you, but Plummer looks pretty damn good! And then there's the rest of the team!

Offense
    Penalties: Denver 50/406 yds vs Oakland 81/655 yds
    Rushing TD's: Denver 11/Oakland 8
    Average Points/Game: Denver 25.1/Oakland 23.1

Defense

Yards/game: Denver 332.8/Oakland 335.9
    Interceptions: Denver 7/Oakland 2
    Sacks: Denver 10/Oakland 20
    TD's: Denver 12/Oakland 11

While Collins and Plummer may have the same stats for TD's and Int's, Denver has a much better Offense and Defense to back Plummer up, than Collins does!

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by TXBRONC
    You're correct. Collins has only thrown three picks. If I'm not mistaken he has 12 tds to 3 ints identical to Jakes numbers.

Although the comment about Collins wetting his pants is a bit extreme I think what the I is getting at is that Collins doesn't handle pressure well. Collins also doesn't have very good foot work in sliding away from the rush. At least what I've heard.
    When I just watched him play against the Chiefs.. I couldn't BELIEVE how he literally turned and ran from the rush. He's truly a QB that doesn't handle pressure in his face at all. I KNOW we put pressure on the QB better than the Chiefs do. I see us taking the same approach against Collins as we did against Philly and McNabb. SHOVING people into his face and knocking him down.. he will be so rattled.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by Emancipator
    However, I don't think that writer really knows Kerry Collins. Kerry is a tough competitive QB. I like the way he plays. I think we can get to him. By the way, Kerry has only thrown 3 Ints this season if I'm correct (could be wrong, but I'm not going to go check). Trevor should get to him several times with knock downs and hopefully two sacks or 3. But I don't think Kerry is afraid not one bit.

Go Broncos.
    You're correct. Collins has only thrown three picks. If I'm not mistaken he has 12 tds to 3 ints identical to Jakes numbers.

Although the comment about Collins wetting his pants is a bit extreme I think what the I is getting at is that Collins doesn't handle pressure well. Collins also doesn't have very good foot work in sliding away from the rush. At least what I've heard.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X