X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering the same thing

Originally posted by LABRONCO
    what team are u goin 4??
    This is the second time I've seen this guy downing the team he supposedly cheers for. Probably a raiders fan.......
    Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL
      are u Stupid?? we do have a LAME @$$ pass rush. We cant even pressure the qb without blitzing=lame!
      oh gosh.....
      "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
      -The best in the business-

Comment

Denver fans can deny it until they are blue in the face. We have a poor front 4 pass rush. Our front 4 is pretty good at penetrating and tackling RBs for a loss, and we do collapse the pocket some, but we aren't even in the same ballpark as some other teams in terms of pass rush.

Teams used to "pressure" John Elway all the time, he'd run around, avoid the rush, and burn them. Teams "pressure" Mike Vick and Brett Favre all the time, they usually burn them. The only thing that matters is a sack, a forced fumble, a batted pass, or a stuff.

If you pressure LT from running outside, so he cuts back and runs up the middle for a 60 yard TD, I'm sure nobody is going to congratulate you by saying, "well, you pressured him!!!!"

Pressures only mean something if you force the QB to throw the ball away or into an interception. In which case, they are good. However, on many QB pressures that fail to finish it off with a sack, the QB just runs around and throws a bomb because of the blitz. Those pressures mean squat.

I agree that sacks are not everything, but a 2nd and 17 is a hell of a lot better then a 2nd and 10.

Also, forced fumbles and sacks are largely correlated. If you want to be dominant in this league, you need a defense that closes the deal, not a defense that isn't quite fast enough to sack the QB.

Our Defensive line is bad. We will have a ton of changes in the offseason. I think the 2nd half of this season is really going to expose our flaws. We've played the easy part of our schedule, now we play the hard part and we see how well our inury prone guys can hold up over the 2nd half.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
          Denver fans can deny it until they are blue in the face. We have a poor front 4 pass rush. Our front 4 is pretty good at penetrating and tackling RBs for a loss, and we do collapse the pocket some, but we aren't even in the same ballpark as some other teams in terms of pass rush.

Teams used to "pressure" John Elway all the time, he'd run around, avoid the rush, and burn them. Teams "pressure" Mike Vick and Brett Favre all the time, they usually burn them. The only thing that matters is a sack, a forced fumble, a batted pass, or a stuff.

If you pressure LT from running outside, so he cuts back and runs up the middle for a 60 yard TD, I'm sure nobody is going to congratulate you by saying, "well, you pressured him!!!!"

Pressures only mean something if you force the QB to throw the ball away or into an interception. In which case, they are good. However, on many QB pressures that fail to finish it off with a sack, the QB just runs around and throws a bomb because of the blitz. Those pressures mean squat.

I agree that sacks are not everything, but a 2nd and 17 is a hell of a lot better then a 2nd and 10.

Also, forced fumbles and sacks are largely correlated. If you want to be dominant in this league, you need a defense that closes the deal, not a defense that isn't quite fast enough to sack the QB.

Our Defensive line is bad. We will have a ton of changes in the offseason. I think the 2nd half of this season is really going to expose our flaws. We've played the easy part of our schedule, now we play the hard part and we see how well our inury prone guys can hold up over the 2nd half.
          Gotta disagree with you mug.......AGAIN!

1. Evidenced by the ranking of #1 in the LEAGUE against the number of passes in a game, and the #3 ranking(#1 AFC) in completions, I'd venture to say that the pressures MIGHT have something to do with that. Wouldn't you agree?

2. How many sacks actually average 7 yards lost? Just curious, since that large number is used frequently around the board......
          ....is a 2nd and 11-13 really any more difficult to pick up than the 10?
          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
            Gotta disagree with you mug.......AGAIN!

1. Evidenced by the ranking of #1 in the LEAGUE against the number of passes in a game, and the #3 ranking(#1 AFC) in completions, I'd venture to say that the pressures MIGHT have something to do with that. Wouldn't you agree?

2. How many sacks actually average 7 yards lost? Just curious, since that large number is used frequently around the board......
            ....is a 2nd and 11-13 really any more difficult to pick up than the 10?

Our blitzing has something to do with that.

I think its very important to identify our stances on this issue. I am of the opinion that our D-line (the front 4) are incapable of providing consistent pressure without us blitzing. Obviously this is true, since we blitz so often. You're not going to risk a big play and blitz unless you NEED to blitz to create pressure on the QB.

I like our defensive scheme for the most part. I think Lynch and Darrant Williams are great blitzers, and Ian Gold and Al Wilson are quality as well. However, outside of Trevor Pryce going bonkers against the Chiefs, I've yet to see our front 4 take over a game.

So, to clarify, we do pressure the QB. I'm complaining that we can't do it without blitzing. You know, like the good D-lines such as the Colts or Saints or hell, even the Raiders this year.

Comment

Teams evidently feel that there is pressure and alot of it. They are max protecting. In several instances they have kept in all but 2 recievers to block. As much time as those defensive coaches have spent going over Bronco game films leads me to believe that , yes, the Broncos are providing more pressure than they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean
                Teams evidently feel that there is pressure and alot of it. They are max protecting. In several instances they have kept in all but 2 recievers to block. As much time as those defensive coaches have spent going over Bronco game films leads me to believe that , yes, the Broncos are providing more pressure than they want.

Again, Dean, nobody, at least not myself, is disputing that we don't put pressure on the QB.

The argument, as least from myself, is that the pressure is coming due directly to our extensive blitzing. Whether its bring Lynch,which causes confusion on the line so Pryce goes unblocked, or its Darrant Williams coming untouched off the corner, or its lining up 9 guys at scrimmage....

The point is that our DEFENSIVE LINE can not create pressure by itself on any consistent basis. The team is great at pressuring because of our blitz packages, but blitzing ten guys so that Pryce can get a sack, in no way means Pryce is pressuring the QB due to his own ability.

The Colts rush 4 guys, no blitzes, and they sack the QB. We rush 4 guys and nothing happens. We blitz, and then things are ok.

Comment

are u Stupid?? we do have a LAME @$$ pass rush. We cant even pressure the qb without blitzing=lame!
                  Wow man. Did I just really read that? OK, I'm going to spare you. I haven't read the rest of the replies but I'm sure you've been rip a new one several times by others.
                  The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Are you stupid?!?!? you shouldn't post unless you watch the games and follow the Broncs. They have a much better pass rush than last year. sure they don't have the sacks to show for it, but that's b/c teams gameplan to go with the quick passes b/c they know how good our pass rush is.
                    "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
                    R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by CJ_5256
                      Are you stupid?!?!? you shouldn't post unless you watch the games and follow the Broncs. They have a much better pass rush than last year. sure they don't have the sacks to show for it, but that's b/c teams gameplan to go with the quick passes b/c they know how good our pass rush is.

Ok....so....are you saying teams dont gameplan to do quick passes against the Colts??? They don't even blitz and their defensive line has 20 more sacks then we do.

Contrary to the beliefs of some, the Broncos are not the only team that other teams use max-protect against, and those other teams STILL get sacks.

That's a bad excuse.

Comment

I must say that I do believe that the Denver d-line would have a LOT more sacks if they weren't constantly being held. To make matters worse, it's so obvious yet it's rarely called. That bothers me. I do think Denver has a good d-line and can get pressure on the QB with that line but one of two things needs to happen, 1. the opposing team's line stops blaitlenty holding them or 2. the ref's start calling these holds.

Comment

Working...
                        X