Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how many times will Champ Get burned by Randy???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have faced Santana Moss, Plaxico Burress, Terrell Owens. Each one of these receivers got the best of our DBs at one time or another during the game. Even if Champ gets burned once or twice, I dont think it will be a deciding factor in the game. A big play reciever might touch the ball 3-5 times per game because the D keys on them. That few of touches doesn't make a big difference in a game, even if 1 of them is for a touchdown. I also have faith in Williams or Foxworth (hell platoon them to keep em fresh) covering Porter. Not to mention Collins has very little pocket presence. This Raider offense has every opportunity to collapse.

And the latest player to be bought for the right price from Boston....

Johnny Damon

Comment

Cause WTM

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
      This is a ridiculous thread. WHy would you even come on here and start something so negative if you are a so called " champ " fan?
      You know he is a raider.......he registered and has been sitting back waiting for the Broncos to play the raiders.
      Emancipate your mind!
      The People's Poster

Comment

I wish champ would keep his dumbass on the sidelines until he is healed. He is too slow to keep up with top notch receivers. Piss on it Foxworth is a pretty nifty corner. So he gets burnt a few times it happens he is a rook but what is experience worth? Champ is gonna get rocked if he keeps this up and when he is still injured in the playoffs then what?

Comment

6-2 doesnt mean we are set to make the playoffs.

With the second half of the sesaon looking as tough as it does, taking a chance "resting" Champ who is hurt not injured, is almost to much of a risk.

Comment

Originally posted by bronocoman5
            I wish champ would keep his dumbass on the sidelines until he is healed. He is too slow to keep up with top notch receivers. Piss on it Foxworth is a pretty nifty corner. So he gets burnt a few times it happens he is a rook but what is experience worth? Champ is gonna get rocked if he keeps this up and when he is still injured in the playoffs then what?

These always crack me up. Since when do the PLAYERS decide if they play of if they do NOT play?? Since when do you guys think THEY are the decision makers on where they play???

Champ basically SHUT OUT Owens in the Philly game... for those of you who say he's too slow. He pulled the string while attempting the tackle. IF he is back up to the same speed he was in the first half of the game....then ABSOLUTELY he plays!! This is a divsion game against the RAIDERS when we have only a ONE GAME lead over the Chiefs. YOu guys want to rest our best player. That makes noooo sense.

Comment

Champ Bailey

Sit on the bench. No way.
              Chanting: "Heck no Champ must go". (play didn't rhyme) Meaning Champ must be ready to go play on Sunday.
              Emancipate your mind!
              The People's Poster

Comment

Heck no, Champ must go (play!)!
                Heck no, Champ must go(play!)!

Whew...it's no easy chanting on a message board.....
                sigpic
                Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                -Sean Payton

Comment

Moss is hurt. He will not be a factor.
                  RIP D-Will

Comment

Originally posted by x_predator89
                    I said it 10 posts ago........................

Comment

Originally posted by PR-Broncomaniac
                      I said it 10 posts ago........................

Look i know my post si=ound negative but honestly i love the broncos. I just get nervous which leads to NEGATIVITY. ITs like im a fake a$$ bill parcels
                      -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL
                        Look i know my post si=ound negative but honestly i love the broncos. I just get nervous which leads to NEGATIVITY. ITs like im a fake a$$ bill parcels
                        Obviously .................... If champ plays he will play if he's still hurt he wont but if he does he will give it his all even if his hams slows him down

Comment

LOOK! First, Champ took nine days off after the last game and has been completely practicing at full speed all week -- for the first time since he was injured in September. He will be at full speed to start the game. Whether he stays that way all game is another question, but I would expect his ham-string to hold up for the next couple of games at least, just as it did at the beginning of the season after the rest during the pre-season.

Moss meanwhile has been hurt since the Chargers game and hasn't been much of a factor in recent weeks. Against the Chiefs he was totally invisible. LaMont Jordan out of the backfield has emerged as the Raiders #1 pass-catching threat in recent weeks.

That's why Collins hasn't been intercepted much. He's dumping the ball off to Jordan every time he gets in trouble. Jordan in eight games has 40 pass receptions for 339 yards! A full season of that will put him potentiall in the top 10 pass receivers in the NFL this year. By comparison, Moss has 26 receptions and Porter 38.

Only Denver's LBs are quite capable of preventing LaMont Jordan from making big plays. Perhaps you saw the Raiders-Chiefs game? Then you saw Derrick Johnson blow up a lot of those passes. Now the Chiefs have ONE good LB in Johnson. The Broncos have three. Get the picture?

Add to the fact that Jordan isn't going to be able to run against the DL any better than LT or Priest Holmes or Tiki Barber or Cory Dillon did and you have the Raiders offense limited to passing the ball.

Now you have set up the situation where the Broncos can blitz a LB or bring John Lynch off the corner with some hope of success.

If Denver's RBs can run on the Raiders with anything like the success they've had against other teams then Moss's chances to touch the ball will go down further.

I expect a close game, but the Broncos have a lot of advantages going into this game and should win unless they screw up big-time.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by x_predator89
                            i tend to disagree moss might not be 100% but he'll play n be a factor especially in the red zone w/ his height advantage....

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                              LOOK! First, Champ took nine days off after the last game and has been completely practicing at full speed all week -- for the first time since he was injured in September. He will be at full speed to start the game. Whether he stays that way all game is another question, but I would expect his ham-string to hold up for the next couple of games at least, just as it did at the beginning of the season after the rest during the pre-season.

Moss meanwhile has been hurt since the Chargers game and hasn't been much of a factor in recent weeks. Against the Chiefs he was totally invisible. LaMont Jordan out of the backfield has emerged as the Raiders #1 pass-catching threat in recent weeks.

That's why Collins hasn't been intercepted much. He's dumping the ball off to Jordan every time he gets in trouble. Jordan in eight games has 40 pass receptions for 339 yards! A full season of that will put him potentiall in the top 10 pass receivers in the NFL this year. By comparison, Moss has 26 receptions and Porter 38.

Only Denver's LBs are quite capable of preventing LaMont Jordan from making big plays. Perhaps you saw the Raiders-Chiefs game? Then you saw Derrick Johnson blow up a lot of those passes. Now the Chiefs have ONE good LB in Johnson. The Broncos have three. Get the picture?

Add to the fact that Jordan isn't going to be able to run against the DL any better than LT or Priest Holmes or Tiki Barber or Cory Dillon did and you have the Raiders offense limited to passing the ball.

Now you have set up the situation where the Broncos can blitz a LB or bring John Lynch off the corner with some hope of success.

If Denver's RBs can run on the Raiders with anything like the success they've had against other teams then Moss's chances to touch the ball will go down further.

I expect a close game, but the Broncos have a lot of advantages going into this game and should win unless they screw up big-time.

Good post Cugal

Comment

Working...
                              X