Mid-Season Defensive Line Statistical Analysis 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mhantra
    Glad someone brought up QB pressures (I call them hurries, same deal though). Seriously, great work, but without hurries, I find it a bit over-weighted in terms of "glory stats."

It's impossible to factor in "pressures". I'd be happy to do it, but either I would need tape of every game for every team and go through and subjectively determine what constitutes an "Effective" hurry or some stat website would need to do the same.

I still stand firm in my opinion that a "pressure" has NO VALUE if the QB still runs all around and then throws a 50 yard touchdown or scrambles for 20 yards.

A "pressure" that results in incomplete passes or INTs would have value, but I dont believe that data is obtainable. Thus, we work with the stats we have.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
      A "pressure" that results in incomplete passes or INTs would have value, but I dont believe that data is obtainable. Thus, we work with the stats we have.
      Good point.

Oh, and just so you know, in college, our final assignment in our stats class was to take the same set of data and "prove" two opposite findings, within the standard deviation....most valuable assignment I have ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by Mhantra
        Good point.

Oh, and just so you know, in college, our final assignment in our stats class was to take the same set of data and "prove" two opposite findings, within the standard deviation....most valuable assignment I have ever had.

I did that as well. So I take it you're a business major?

My project was on whether there was a correlation between SUV and Minivan purchasers and sex, age, weight, and several other factors.

Stats was my favorite class by far in undergrad.

Comment

Psychology major

Comment

Working...
          X