Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plummer listed as the most underpaid NFL player...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plummer listed as the most underpaid NFL player...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5068128

Next year his salary jumps to 4.3 million. But $600k the last couple years. Look at Anderson / Bell... about $600k each also. Where is all of Denvers money??? OL?
    Superbowl 50 Champs!

Next question! lol

Champ Bailey

Ian Gold

Al Wilson

Theres the money.
    Last edited by BroncoBailey024; 11-11-2005, 04:55 AM.
    sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

Oh he was paid a huge bonus last season

We can't forget those bonuses.................plus did he really earn the entire 6.+ million dollar bonus last year. Now if it was this year yes.........but last year was a mediocore performance stats wise.
      Emancipate your mind!
      The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator
        We can't forget those bonuses.................plus did he really earn the entire 6.+ million dollar bonus last year. Now if it was this year yes.........but last year was a mediocore performance stats wise.
        Your sayin jake had mediocore stats last year?

Aside from the 20 INTs he had an amazing year.

4,089 yards (career high)

27 TDs (career high)
        sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

27 TDs (career high)

91.3 rating (career high)
          sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

oops duplicate.
            sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

It was the 20 ints

Originally posted by BroncoBailey024

27 TDs (career high)

91.3 rating (career high)
              That made it mediocre. He has less yards this year but it is a brilliant year in terms of leadership and getting the job done. I'm not downing Jake's performance last year, just pointing out that is was mediocre...........we can't drop one part of the performance.......those ints cost us a few games directly last year.

Anyways, I'm pleased with this year's performance and wasn't mad that he got the bonus last year. If I was Jake, since I got one last year, I'd be looking for one this year after this season if things continue well.
              Emancipate your mind!
              The People's Poster

Comment

That made it mediocre. He has less yards this year but it is a brilliant year in terms of leadership and getting the job done. I'm not downing Jake's performance last year, just pointing out that is was mediocre...........we can't drop one part of the performance.......those ints cost us a few games directly last year.

Anyways, I'm pleased with this year's performance and wasn't mad that he got the bonus last year. If I was Jake, since I got one last year, I'd be looking for one this year after this season if things continue well.
                Alot of those INTs came from well thrown balls that bounced off the receivers and into defenders hands. Happened several times. Unfortunantly Plummer bears the burden of carrying those mistakes in his stats as well.

Plummer did well last year although he made some rash judgements that lost at least 1 game (San Diego at San Diego). We lost a game from a Q fumble and a blocked field goal too against Oakland (And a defense that just fell asleep in the 4th quarter in the Oak game).

Plummer did well last year, but he is doing better this year. I don't attribute it all to his play. I believe the teamates around him are making some better plays than they did last year.

Comment

Agreed

You make great points Q-N.
                  Emancipate your mind!
                  The People's Poster

Comment

You make great points Q-N.
                    He does

with out the tipped INTS he would of been down around 14-16 INTS and im willing to bet his TDS would of climbed to around 30

Comment

It doesnt matter if it was a ball thown directly to a D player or not, they are his stats to live with.

Enough excuses for last year people, it was last year.

It is funny though, the talk of how much he would be over-payed this year. I was part of that crowd. In hindsight I may have been wrong, at least if he continues to play like a 9 year vet.

Comment

Plummer's transition from pauper to prince could come next year. His salary is due to jump from $665,000 to $4.3 million. Plummer will need to continue avoiding bad decisions and probably needs to take the Broncos somewhere in the playoffs this year to deserve that kind of cash.

This quote would seem to indicate that the Broncos will have to take a look at their QB situation this offseason.

If they somehow miss the playoffs or get killed in the wild card game again could Plummer be cut?

And, if the front office does decide to waive Plummer because of the cap number would they try and trade up to get Leinhart?

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceOfClub
                          First he is not underpaid, he’s getting exactly what his contract says.
                          And second those numbers do not includes the signing bonus (beginning of 003) and the roster bonus (beginning of 2005)
                          Plus, Jake had most of his base salary converted to bonus money with the intent of making his salary cap figure smaller for this year so the Broncos could get under the salary cap.

Jake is most definitely not being ripped of by the Broncos. He simply got more of his money earlier. But he still got paid nicely.
                          "You can't take the sky from me..."
                          ------
                          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Jake is happy right now.

The first I see that he isn't happy I'll call Drew Rosenhaus for him...........

ducking
                            Emancipate your mind!
                            The People's Poster

Comment

He is getting what he deserves, no more, no less. He is going to have a much better salary next season, so he should not worry about what he is getting this year

:salute:

Comment

Working...
                              X