Poll: Who will get 1000+ of rushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Javalon
    I think there's a decent chance they both hit 1000. But I'm betting there's a bump in the road along the way.

Anderson is still the starter and getting more carries and I feel he is currently the more reliable of the two. So, I'm picking him to hit 1,000.

Bell has been great at breaking off one or two long runs each game lately. But you've got to figure he won't always gets those big ones. He is more of the wildcard to me and I figure he could break 1,200 or not even hit 800. But my gut feeling is that he'll come up a bit shy and hit in the 900 range and leave the fans disappointed.

But then Bell will be pissed at missing 1,000 in the regular season and rip our first playoff opponent a new one.

Just call me Javalonadamus.
    This was my thinking in My decision as well. I figured that the chance of him averaging 100 yards a game with such few carries is bound to slow down. Considering Anderson gets the bulk of the carries.... I bet on him getting the 1000yrd mark. Unless Bell starts to get more carries per game.. or anderson goes down to injury, thus having the bulk himself, then I would say he's going to have a lot of 60-80 yard games.

Comment

Ya'll DO realize, don't you, that MA has to only average 49.5 yards a game, and tater 54.75/game, for them to hit their 1000's.........

Currently, MA's averaging 75.5, and tater, 70.2.
      Last edited by rcsodak; 11-11-2005, 08:15 PM.
      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
        Ya'll DO realize, don't you, that MA has to only average 49.5 yards a game, and tater 54.75/game, for them to hit their 1000's.........

I don't know about da rest of 'em.. but I do realize this. THIS is the point of what we were saying. Bell has been doing it with a LOT less carries.. SO FAR. But can we expect those type of averages to continue with so fewer carries for the rest of the year? I don't know. I hope he does. I REALLY hope he does. But I'm taking the odds in guessing that it won't sustain.

Comment

ya dude i know this and i do think they'll do it with the dependency the team has on running it shouldn't be to far fetched.

"Little Pads. Big Hits. Huge heart." - tnedator

This play is the reason I'm a DENVER BRONCOS fan

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
            I don't know about da rest of 'em.. but I do realize this. THIS is the point of what we were saying. Bell has been doing it with a LOT less carries.. SO FAR. But can we expect those type of averages to continue with so fewer carries for the rest of the year? I don't know. I hope he does. I REALLY hope he does. But I'm taking the odds in guessing that it won't sustain.
            Great minds think alike.

Of course, if the Raiduhs defense is as battered as reports say they are, Bell could break 1,000 yards this Sunday.

(Actually, I expect the Raiduhs' defense to be more stubborn than the "experts" are thinking. I think they'll be tough early but hopefully we'll wear them down.)
            "You can't take the sky from me..."
            ------
            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
              Great minds think alike.

Of course, if the Raiduhs defense is as battered as reports say they are, Bell could break 1,000 yards this Sunday.

(Actually, I expect the Raiduhs' defense to be more stubborn than the "experts" are thinking. I think they'll be tough early but hopefully we'll wear them down.)
              I think so too.. but I think we will definatly be attacking their parimeter, because they have some WIDE BODIES in the middle...and sapp is playing well since they went back to the 4-3. Since their LB's aren't anything special, I definatly see us running heavily.. just as the Chiefs should have been doing more of.

Comment

Well, if these two guys can't hit these averages for the rest of the season, then we have serious problems with our offensive line IMO.

I think they can both get 1000 yds, especially when you take into consideration that while one is wearing down the defense, the other is resting up so he can come in and break off a huge run, which is a lot of the reason Bell has such a high ypc average and so many long runs.

Comment

Hmm, remaining games:

@ Oakland (17th)
                  vs Jets (30th)
                  @ Dallas (6th)
                  @ KC (8th)
                  vs Baltimore (10th)
                  @ Buffalo (31st)
                  vs Oakland (17th)
                  @ San Diego (3rd)

I've bracketed rushing D...we've got a mix of top 10 run Ds and low end run Ds. That said, we've already run over KC comprehensively so it'll be an interesting one. If both backs can stay healthy, it's very doable.
                  sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Working...
                  X