Mile High Salute.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mile High Salute.

Where did the mile high salute origenate?
    SPORT IS LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY,...IF YOU DONT FOCUS,YOU JUST GET NEGATIVES

Born-1990
    Got ipod- 2004

Oh! this one time i saw a blimp!

Terrell Davis started doing it.
    My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the great Terrell Davis started. He was a classy ball player. He didn't celebrate with rediculous TD dances but created something cool and classy as the mile high salute......although I do enjoy watching what Chad Johnson does when he scores.
      "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
      R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Comment

Well I guess TD. That's what I would have guessed. I'm glad Anderson trys to keep it going!

Comment

I agrre that TD probably started it but, I do remember that Eddie Mac had something to do with it as well?
          Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

Comment

Do you guys think that Anderson is doing it for respect of Davis, or is he doing it b/c he was part of the team back then?

^^^^^^^^^^
            made by Snk16

Comment

I think MA does it because it's classy and he doesn't want to rub his plays in the other teams' face.
              "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
              R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Comment

You're not a Bronco fan if you didn't know that.
                sigpic

Comment

Terrell Davis....

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                  2. Taxes
                  3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
                    Well I disagree. Just because a person hasn't been a fan for a long time or know everything about them does not make them any less of a fan.

Comment

That's ludicrous.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ_5256
                        I think MA does it because it's classy and he doesn't want to rub his plays in the other teams' face.

That could be it, but MA also does it because he is a former Marine. TD started it because an family member ( Uncle or Dad ) was in the military.

Comment

I'm paraphrasing from TD's autobiography...

In training camp, the running backs would huddle up, put their hands on top of each other's, and yell "R.B.!" But they realized they were more than just runners; they had to block and catch as well. So instead of being RBs, they decided they were soldiers. They learned how to do the salute right of the Marine Corps Manual. The Master P song "No Limit Soldiers" became their theme song (Master P wrote a Broncos version of the song once the salute caught on).

I miss the Mile High Salute. It was huge. It used to be everywhere. Other teams would use it. Hockey players, baseball players, and 6-year old soccer players used it. The thing had a life of its own.
                          A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

well maybe i should just go hang myself now that youve said that,o god i feel so bad,

BTW across the atlantic ocean in a country with crap all football and im 15,

so just shutup
                            SPORT IS LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY,...IF YOU DONT FOCUS,YOU JUST GET NEGATIVES

Born-1990
                            Got ipod- 2004

Oh! this one time i saw a blimp!

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoChicken
                              I'm paraphrasing from TD's autobiography...

In training camp, the running backs would huddle up, put their hands on top of each other's, and yell "R.B.!" But they realized they were more than just runners; they had to block and catch as well. So instead of being RBs, they decided they were soldiers. They learned how to do the salute right of the Marine Corps Manual. The Master P song "No Limit Soldiers" became their theme song (Master P wrote a Broncos version of the song once the salute caught on).

I miss the Mile High Salute. It was huge. It used to be everywhere. Other teams would use it. Hockey players, baseball players, and 6-year old soccer players used it. The thing had a life of its own.
                              TERREL DAVIS.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X