• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco_f1
    replied
    Originally posted by ColRockies_5
    Noooooo....

DJ is not making an impact this year as much as he should. Of course a lot of that is due to the move to Strong side LB, but there have been a lot of games where his name hasn't even been mentioned. No offense to him but he's the third best linebacker on the broncos alone. Of course he has a bright future and I wouldn't necessarily classify him as having the cliche "sophmore slump" but he definitely is not an IMPACT player yet like all the other guys mentioned.
    Obviously he isn't this year, that's why I said he has a bright future. I mean, he could be incredible in his prime. Right now he is not making an impact, but that is also because he has Al Wilson and Ian gold right next to him, and he is just learning.

Leave a comment:

• PR-Broncomaniac
    replied
    Al Wilson.............close 2nd, Ian Gold.

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    Originally posted by ColRockies_5
    Noooooo....

DJ is not making an impact this year as much as he should. Of course a lot of that is due to the move to Strong side LB, but there have been a lot of games where his name hasn't even been mentioned. No offense to him but he's the third best linebacker on the broncos alone. Of course he has a bright future and I wouldn't necessarily classify him as having the cliche "sophmore slump" but he definitely is not an IMPACT player yet like all the other guys mentioned.
    Key word is yet...

DJ was a bigtime playmaker at Miami (who isn't at The U?), and he's got the type of skillset that many can only dream about. To me, it's more an adaptation for him (moving to SLB), not a lack of playmaking chances...

Let's postpone judgement until the end of next season, then we'll see what we've really got...

Leave a comment:

• ColRockies_5
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco_f1
    DJ Williams, he has some bright future
    Noooooo....

Leave a comment:

• Celtpride36
    replied
    MLB-Ray is consistent but i dont think he is as god like as everyone says, urlacher has the tools, as long as hes not hurt hes dominant, al wilson is very underrated, if it werent for ray and brian, al would be the most well known. Vilma shows a lotta ray lewis in him, a little undersized, good recognition, ex hurricane, quick first step.. what else?
    OLB- Keith Bullock, Derrick Brooks, takeo spikes all rank in the top. they are all tackle machines, and offenses fear them. All play the weakside, and i feel DJ Williams has the speed and strength to be just as good or even better than these guys. Karlos Dansby, Derrick Johnson, shawn merriman, and demarcus ware look promising also. Move DJ to Weakside, i think they hampered his development by moving him to the strong side.

Cato June is all hype, his int numbers are a result of the pressure the colts Dline puts on the qb forcing bad decisions.

Leave a comment:

• MyFav
    replied
    Just can't go with out Al Wilson.
    Urlacher has always been a beast.
    Can't go wrong with Ray Lewis.
    And Donnie Edwards and Zack Thomas are having a great year.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    I think Merriman for the Chargers will win Defensive Rookie of the Year.

Leave a comment:

• Almost Heaven
    replied
    Can't hardly judge a LB on tackles. If he's playin for a great D like Al, there will be alot more three and outs with less chance for takles. I love Al but Brian U is a freakin animal.

Another guy to look out for is the rookie playin for the Bengals i believe, odel thurman maybe, that boy is a stud to.

Leave a comment:

• Emancipator
    replied
    I'm going with AL Wilson

That's because I've seen him play so many times. And so many times do he play well.

Leave a comment:

• bronc_fan23
    replied
    Zach Thomas: 98 tackles 2 sacks
    Johanthan Vilma: 92 tackles 0 sacks
    Brian Urlacher: 64 tackles 6 sacks
    Gary Bracker: 61 Tackles 0 sacks
    Ray Lewis: 46 Tackles 1 sack
    Al Wilson: 45 Tackles 1 Sack

Leave a comment:

• Caliraiderhater
    replied
    Al wilson takes it! but i have said this before when all of you dissagreed with me but Brian Urlacher was never ever over rated! he has always been a beast!

Leave a comment:

• Benkiboi
    replied
    I think the bezt LB in NFL naturally Al Wilson That's real...
    TOP LBs are: Ray Lewis, Donnie Edwards, Joey Porter, Derrick Brooks, Keith Bulluck, Brian Urlacher and Jonathan Vilma...

Leave a comment:

• CJ_5256
    replied
    Originally posted by ebsoria
    ALL of those guys are great. If offered, I would not turn down a sinlge one... but I agree, Al is awesome... course, I MAY be a little biased.... though I really like DJ Williams and what Vilma has shown he might be able to do!
    I would have put Williams and Vilma up there, but they haven't played long enough to be the best. Also, DJ doesn't have the stats but he's one of the best strong side LB's in the game.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by WABronco
    Let's not forget our own Ian Gold, boys and girls...

He's consistently pressuring and covering and blowing up plays in the backfield...

He'd better make it to the ProBowl...
    He's not going to make the pro-bowl. HE doesn't have the name.

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    Let's not forget our own Ian Gold, boys and girls...

He's consistently pressuring and covering and blowing up plays in the backfield...

He'd better make it to the ProBowl...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X