X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celtpride36
    replied
    Our WRs are ok, as long as the younger ones keep developing
    Safety is prob the biggest weakness, they're good on run support but cant cover.
    Our rookie cbs D.Will, Foxworth, and Paymah look promising, but they are rookies and may become a liability in a another showdown with colts
    DE's i dont know if there is anyone as dominant as Trevor Pryce, the strength to play tackle, speed to play end, numbers are lying he gets held on every play so his numbers aren't stellar.
    Our system of bootlegging benfits our TE's, imagin what we could do with a rookie like mercedes lewis or dominique byrd!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16
    it is kicker lets draft one in the first round with washingtons pick
    Uhmmmm... this is a joke.. right?

Leave a comment:

• BRONCOS_OWN_U16
    replied
    it is kicker lets draft one in the first round with washingtons pick

Leave a comment:

• Emancipator
    replied
    Safety

I'd say safety............really no weak links.......just weak schemes

Leave a comment:

• snowspot66
    replied
    Originally posted by Atwater His Ass
    That is also a weak point. At what point do you say "Hey, we know they are going to pass 65% of the time but we still can't stop it?"
    Well you can also argue that they have been stopping it with one of the lowest completion % allowed in the league. But even if you had an extremely stingy 50% allowed, when you get passed on 40 to 50 times a game, thats still 20 to 25 completions. That's more completions than Jake even attempts in some games.

As far as WR goes....they have been for more consistant the last few games and I think by the end of the season people may be changing their tune on the position and our depth there.

Leave a comment:

• Caliraiderhater
    replied
    Lelie is the $hit!

Leave a comment:

• ItalianSta11ion
    replied
    i think we need a strong safety... and our O0line is getting kinda geezr... we eed to focus on rebuilding it

Leave a comment:

• Snk16
    replied
    Originally posted by s_paton
    From a statistical standpoint,we are 26th (i think) against the pass.And i know everyone has pointed out that we have gotten passed on more due to leads and strong run D.With that said,i would have to say either de-dt,or safety.Pressure from the defensive line is nice,but eventually you have got to start finishing the job.ie..sack.And having two run stoppers at safety is'nt helping that area much.
    Don't forget that many of those yards come at the end of the game. When we're playing the freaking prevent Defense. That's also a reason games are closer than they should be.

Leave a comment:

• Atwater His Ass
    replied
    Originally posted by s_paton
    From a statistical standpoint,we are 26th (i think) against the pass.And i know everyone has pointed out that we have gotten passed on more due to leads and strong run D.With that said,i would have to say either de-dt,or safety.Pressure from the defensive line is nice,but eventually you have got to start finishing the job.ie..sack.And having two run stoppers at safety is'nt helping that area much.
    That is also a weak point. At what point do you say "Hey, we know they are going to pass 65% of the time but we still can't stop it?"

If our run D is so good, coupled with the fact that we get off to early leads forcing teams to pass, that should make our pass D better, since we KNOW they are going to throw. But alas, it is still one of the worst in the NFL.

Leave a comment:

• Snk16
    replied
    It's WR, I'd like to see more out of our group.

Rod is always the consistant one, but where do we go after that? Lelie has not shown much consistancy thus far.

More touchdowns would be nice, but hey, if we keep winning, I ain't complaining, we can have our O-line score all our TDs and if we're still winning, than so be it.

Leave a comment:

• s_paton
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Atwater His Ass
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dark Knight
    Yeah, if Ashley would have lived up to his potential then we wouldn't have this problem.

He was NOT worth a first round pick.
    I agree. Who was the last great reciever we drafted? Lionel Taylor? I mean, c'mon, our 2 best recievers over the last 10 years have been Rod Smith and Ed McCaffery, one guy from the practice squad, and the other signed as a has-been free agent from the Giants. Nothing against those guys as I love them both and they were very productive, but at the same time, we were very lucky with both of them. Our reciever track record is worse than our DB drafts. Marcus Nash anyone? And while Lelie is brilliant at times, he's not a #1 WR. We really need to shore up this position in the off-season somehow.

Leave a comment:

• Calif. Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dark Knight
    Yeah, if Ashley would have lived up to his potential then we wouldn't have this problem.

Good point. The best test for that is to think whether another team would trade their number 1 for a player right now. In Ashlie's case the answer is obviously "no" (except for the Redskins - Gibbs likes to dump those picks like they're pumpkins on Nov. 1)

As for the weakest position, I realize it really isn't a position, but I'm still not comfortable with our kick coverage. I know when we're at home we kick a lot of them out of the end zone, but when Todd doesn't do that I still get nervous.

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Knight
    replied
    Originally posted by Atwater His Ass
    Wide Receiver, by far.

Leave a comment:

• Broncosinindy
    replied
    I would love to see the broncos front four to be ab.e to put up more pressure
    jake to be able to hit our guys down field more
    i wanna see wesley duke get in some

Leave a comment:

Working...
X