Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plummer / Vick

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Plummer / Vick

    I was watching Fox Sports Preview pics show.

    They were giving their predictions for the upcoming games and Jason Seahorn was talking about Mike Vick and said, "Don't worry about the critics Mike you are 20-8 in your last 28 starts. Just keep doing what you are doing."
    I guess someone tracked that for him.

    I did some looking on my own and as it turns out Jake is also 20-8 in his last 28 starts.

    He is just not a poster boy for the NFL.

    Just thought it was an interesting tidbit.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

  • #2
    Originally posted by Elway
    I was watching Fox Sports Preview pics show.

    They were giving their predictions for the upcoming games and Jason Seahorn was talking about Mike Vick and said, "Don't worry about the critics Mike you are 20-8 in your last 28 starts. Just keep doing what you are doing."
    I guess someone tracked that for him.

    I did some looking on my own and as it turns out Jake is also 20-8 in his last 28 starts.

    He is just not a poster boy for the NFL.

    Just thought it was an interesting tidbit.
    Its hard to deny Vick's unbelievable athletic talent.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Ravage!!!
      Its hard to deny Vick's unbelievable athletic talent.

      although Jake's athletic ability doesnt match Vick's.....Jake is one of the more athletic QB's in the league...



      interesting find Elway.....Jake should be getting the same recognition as Vick IMO.....especially from some of the Bronco fans that boo him....
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Just kind of interesting the way QBs can be looked at.

        Vick is a different type of QB than Jake, he may not be the same kind of passer, but he can scramble, run, and make a play out almost out of nothing at times.
        He is definately a talent to watch on the field.

        The media does the same with Jake. We have been hearing about No mistake Jake, and I like that he is getting some deserved recognition.

        Not many talk about Collins having the same amount of TD's & Ints as Jake does after 8 games, and coming off a season where he also threw 20 ints like Jake.
        The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Outside of Vicks running ability, Jake wins hands down in every other catagory. But is not a WIZ kid, like michael who I would never trade for ever. One knee away from not ever playing again and if he gets it hurt he sure can't rely on his arm to get wins. Once he has lost the run they are gonna eat him alive in the pocket.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TDforTatum26
            although Jake's athletic ability doesnt match Vick's.....Jake is one of the more athletic QB's in the league...



            interesting find Elway.....Jake should be getting the same recognition as Vick IMO.....especially from some of the Bronco fans that boo him....
            The difference is two different things really. Vick is positively the best athlete in the league.. no denying that. He's the closest thing to a "one-man-show" in the NFL.

            Two: Vick has been in the league less than half the years as Plummer has in the league. Considering Vick was already considered for NFL MVP in his rookie season, and was the ONLY QB to beat Green Bay in the playoffs (IN Green Bay) in only his 2nd season in the NFL... Vick definatly does deserve the recognition that he has received.

            Now.. Plummer HAS gotten the recognition this year. But he doesn't have the ability to take over a game by HIMSELF.. like Vick does (no one does like Vick does). However, Plummer's name HAS been mentioned as a NFL MVP...I think thats a LOT of recognition.

            Comment


            • #7
              Vick wins games, Plummer wins games. That is really all that matters.
              Where does the abuse of end? Where?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jrhampton
                Outside of Vicks running ability, Jake wins hands down in every other catagory. But is not a WIZ kid, like michael who I would never trade for ever. One knee away from not ever playing again and if he gets it hurt he sure can't rely on his arm to get wins. Once he has lost the run they are gonna eat him alive in the pocket.

                EVERY player in the League is one knee injury away from not being able to play in the NFL. I think we can ALL agree that Jake wouldn't be HALF the QB he is if he didn't have the ability to scramble and throw on the move. Jake in the Pocket isn't exactly a Marino. ANY QB that that has made his style the moving type...Like both Vick and Plummer.. are one knee injury from not playing again. I'm sorry, but I think your point isn't a valid one in this case.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Let's have a look shall we................

                  Since 2001:
                  Plummer: 90 passing TD's/7 rushing TD's
                  Vick: 42 passing TD's/16 rushing TD's

                  Yeah okay Vick is younger and all that, but, forgive me for thinking, Quarterback are primarily employed to PASS the ball!

                  At the moment, LaDanian Tomlinson is doing a better job as a passer than Vick! While Vick is athletic, I think he's better suited to be a running back rather than a QB.
                  President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter




                  formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                  I adopted Skywalker

                  I have been adopted by Chris Wade

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Kapaibro
                    Let's have a look shall we................

                    Since 2001:
                    Plummer: 90 passing TD's/7 rushing TD's
                    Vick: 42 passing TD's/16 rushing TD's

                    Yeah okay Vick is younger and all that, but, forgive me for thinking, Quarterback are primarily employed to PASS the ball!

                    At the moment, LaDanian Tomlinson is doing a better job as a passer than Vick! While Vick is athletic, I think he's better suited to be a running back rather than a QB.
                    The Falcons are a rushing team, taht's why they have the most rushing yards in the NFL. Vick fits in their system(More like they built the system around Vick, but yea), and passing isn't a big part. I think it's pretty neat actually, they have a lot more money to go around because they aren't spending too much on recievers, and passing isn't a big part of their game. I don't see how you can knock on Vick or the Falcons, IT IS working, THEY ARE winning, and they went into the playoffs last year. Vick isn't the best passer, but he doesn't have to be, his legs and quick pass are about all he needs.(And his running backs)

                    As for vick being a RB, no, he already gets injured enough as it is haha.

                    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Kapaibro
                      Let's have a look shall we................

                      Since 2001:
                      Plummer: 90 passing TD's/7 rushing TD's
                      Vick: 42 passing TD's/16 rushing TD's

                      Yeah okay Vick is younger and all that, but, forgive me for thinking, Quarterback are primarily employed to PASS the ball!

                      At the moment, LaDanian Tomlinson is doing a better job as a passer than Vick! While Vick is athletic, I think he's better suited to be a running back rather than a QB.
                      No. Thats not really the primary purpose of the QB. Thats l ike saying RBs aren't supposed to catch the ball. QBs are supposed to LEAD the team. Whether running, passing, or handing off the ball. To say that the QBs pass, the RBs run, adn the WR catch... is just narrow minded really.

                      VICK is a ONCE in a LIFETIME athlete guys. His ability to USE his legs and pass the ball.. make him a UNIQUE talent that is like NO OTHER ever in the history of the league. Just because he doesn't stand in the pocket and pass it like marino, doesn't mean he's any less of a "QB'... it means he's a DIFFERENT type of QB.

                      Let me ask THIS question. Manning throws the ball better than Plummer... but Plummer runs better than Manning. Plummer throws the ball better than Vick, but Vick runs the ball better than Plummer. NO ONE IS SAYING THAT PLUMMER SHOULDN'T BE a QB, and should be a RB, because he doesn't throw the ball as well as Peyton. WHY would this make Vick ANY LESS of a QB than PLummer?? You can't have it both ways.

                      Sometimes I simply hear jealousy around here when people talk about Vick. I personally don't understand that.
                      Last edited by Ravage!!!; 11-11-2005, 10:14 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Vick puts butts in seats
                        sigpic
                        DROY

                        Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #98

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          double post.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Kapaibro
                            Let's have a look shall we................

                            Since 2001:
                            Plummer: 90 passing TD's/7 rushing TD's
                            Vick: 42 passing TD's/16 rushing TD's

                            Yeah okay Vick is younger and all that, but, forgive me for thinking, Quarterback are primarily employed to PASS the ball!

                            At the moment, LaDanian Tomlinson is doing a better job as a passer than Vick! While Vick is athletic, I think he's better suited to be a running back rather than a QB.
                            This is just a terrible post. Not trying to flame, but Vick is better suited to be a running back? Jesus...

                            Did you not just read he's 20-8 in his last 28 starts? He wasn't the starting QB in 2001. In 2002, he was and they went to the playoffs and won a playoff game. In 2003 he was hurt, and the Falcons sucked and got a top 10 draft pick, even though Vick returned the last 4 games and the lowly Falcons went 3-1 in those games!!

                            Finally, Vick starts last season, the Falcons get a bye, win a playoff game, and play for the NFC Championship.

                            Oh, and this year... Falcons are 6-2, first in their division.

                            And your ass wants to make Vick a F'ing running back.

                            Dude, learn football.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              wow that IS really interesting... and its funny that most experts HATE plummer lol *cough* madden *cough* lol


                              SIG MADE BY ME!!

                              my myspace: www.myspace.com/italian2sta11ion
                              MY CUSTOM RINGTONES: http://djdraggytones.mstore.xingtone.com

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X