Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You want your QBs to be leaders and winners

Originally posted by Elway
    I was watching Fox Sports Preview pics show.

They were giving their predictions for the upcoming games and Jason Seahorn was talking about Mike Vick and said, "Don't worry about the critics Mike you are 20-8 in your last 28 starts. Just keep doing what you are doing."
    I guess someone tracked that for him.

I did some looking on my own and as it turns out Jake is also 20-8 in his last 28 starts.

He is just not a poster boy for the NFL.

Just thought it was an interesting tidbit.
    That is what both are doing.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by broncsx3
      This is just a terrible post. Not trying to flame, but Vick is better suited to be a running back? Jesus...

Did you not just read he's 20-8 in his last 28 starts? He wasn't the starting QB in 2001. In 2002, he was and they went to the playoffs and won a playoff game. In 2003 he was hurt, and the Falcons sucked and got a top 10 draft pick, even though Vick returned the last 4 games and the lowly Falcons went 3-1 in those games!!

Finally, Vick starts last season, the Falcons get a bye, win a playoff game, and play for the NFC Championship.

Oh, and this year... Falcons are 6-2, first in their division.

And your ass wants to make Vick a F'ing running back.

Dude, learn football.
      Good points in this post... you could have done it without the insults and still have made the points, though..... but good post

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
        Good points in this post... you could have done it without the insults and still have made the points, though..... but good post
        And you're a jerk for pointing that out to me!

Comment

Just put it this way. Both of these guys know how to when games. And any team should start the players that help their team the best. Just look at what is being said about the Bears. They are talking about taking out their rookie qb when their other qb comes back from injury. But yet the Bears lead their division. I think that that is a terrible move. No the rookie doesn't have great numbers but he has helped the Bears do something that nobody thought they could. And that is put up the BIGGEST stat that matters and that is a WIN.
          RIP Darrent Williams
          You know the difference between winners and losers?

Ya the score.

THE REPLACEMENTS

Comment

So you think that if a team has a good record they should never change any of their 22 starters?

Comment

I was talking about the qb. And if he is winning games why should he lose his starting job? The qb is the most important position in football. They are the leaders of the team and sometimes a team just plays better with certain leaders. Why brake the formula?
              RIP Darrent Williams
              You know the difference between winners and losers?

Ya the score.

THE REPLACEMENTS

Comment

The Broncos and Falcons are similar teams, which i am just now realizing...fast defense, excelent running game (though of a different kind), athletic Q. They've got the edge with TEs, but Rod Smith is infinitely better than any of their wideouts.

Comment

Originally posted by moozoo22
                  The Broncos and Falcons are similar teams, which i am just now realizing...fast defense, excelent running game (though of a different kind), athletic Q. They've got the edge with TEs, but Rod Smith is infinitely better than any of their wideouts.
                  So is Ashley lelie.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

Vick is probably one of the most overrated QBs in the game.

14 TDs and 12 INTs last year.

He is very much overhyped because of his running ability. However, he wins games. And that is what is most important. So he is one of the better QBs going by that category, BUT, he's more of a runner than a passer.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                    2. Taxes
                    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by Snk16
                      Vick is probably one of the most overrated QBs in the game.

14 TDs and 12 INTs last year.

He is very much overhyped because of his running ability. However, he wins games. And that is what is most important. So he is one of the better QBs going by that category, BUT, he's more of a runner than a passer.
                      i wouldnt go as far as saying he is the most overrated QB in the game.... Lets look at the 14 TD and 12 INT's.... Yes, thats avg. Ok, now account for his rushing yards. Now he isnt so overrated.

People it seems are just unwilling to look at him outside of this sterotypical QB... He is a player that is redefining the position. Look at Randal Cunningham... he was a player that plays similar to Vick, albeit not even in the same league as Vick... Vick is a player that defenses have to account for. I mean, what other team does the defense have to sadow one of their players JUST for the QB?

He is in a caliber all his own, and right now is at the helm of the #1 rushing offense in the NFL. You need to account for that before you start calling him overrated... I think he will emulate Cunningham in that in his younger years he will be a threat not so much in the air but on the ground,and as he matures and gets older he will become more and more of a pocket passer. And he will excel at it becasue of his experience and athletic ability...

Comment

Originally posted by aaronheeb
                        i wouldnt go as far as saying he is the most overrated QB in the game.... Lets look at the 14 TD and 12 INT's.... Yes, thats avg. Ok, now account for his rushing yards. Now he isnt so overrated.

People it seems are just unwilling to look at him outside of this sterotypical QB... He is a player that is redefining the position. Look at Randal Cunningham... he was a player that plays similar to Vick, albeit not even in the same league as Vick... Vick is a player that defenses have to account for. I mean, what other team does the defense have to sadow one of their players JUST for the QB?

He is in a caliber all his own, and right now is at the helm of the #1 rushing offense in the NFL. You need to account for that before you start calling him overrated... I think he will emulate Cunningham in that in his younger years he will be a threat not so much in the air but on the ground,and as he matures and gets older he will become more and more of a pocket passer. And he will excel at it becasue of his experience and athletic ability...
                        You are right.. except for one thing. YOu said they must account for Vick.. they must do MORE than just account for him. They have to spend their entire week, SCHEMING for him. He is the ONE person, on the entire offense, that they have to try and stop. If you stop Mike, you can and will stop the Falcons. But teams CAN'T just stop him. THey don't have ANYONE ON their defense that can keep up with Vick. They don't have ONE man they can just spy him like they do with other QBs. No ONE person can keep up and catch Mike Vick. He's an unbelievable talent like NO OTHER ever in the history of the NFL.

I agree. People are judging him by the "stereotypical" expectations of a QB. They think all he should do, is PASS the ball. As if thats the ONLY way the position can be played. As if players can't do more than one thing and still win. FUnny huh? If a QB throws better than he runs, he's good. If he runs better than he throws, then he's no good.. despite the fact that he's winning as much as any "thrower."

Comment

Working...
                        X