A Record Falls!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Record Falls!!!

Remember when the ravens returned that FG on us for like 106 yards and set a record against us well the record was just beat. The bears returned the FG 108 yards against the 49ers.
    Smith's First Catch
    "It was Sept. 17, 1995, and as the clock ticked down to 0:00 in the game against Washington at Mile High Stadium, Smith outleaped the great Darrell Green to catch the game-winning touchdown pass from Elway."

Originally posted by brom66an6
    Remember when the ravens returned that FG on us for like 106 yards and set a record against us well the record was just beat. The bears returned the FG 108 yards against the 49ers.

Just saw that during the halftime report!!

Comment

No, the record was 108 yards, but at least we're not the only one's who have the record against us.
      "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
      R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Comment

Actually it was 107 yds. I've checked in the 2003 Media Guide. Nice to get rid of that humiliation. Now if somebody could just win a Super Bowl by more than 45 points.....
        The UK's #1 Broncomaniac

Comment

Originally posted by BroncomaniacUK
          Actually it was 107 yds. I've checked in the 2003 Media Guide. Nice to get rid of that humiliation. Now if somebody could just win a Super Bowl by more than 45 points.....
          Thanks for embarrassing me! naw j/j. that's awesome.
          "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
          R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by BroncomaniacUK
            That's why I HATE Leon Lett to this day!

That doofus was running for a TD in the blowout win by Dallas against the Bills and the stupid oaf was celebrating by holding the ball out with his arms extended 10 yards before the end-zone, when a hustling Bills player ran down and knocked it out of the fool's hands and caused the fumble.

If he'd just tucked the ball away instead of show-boating, that record for SB futility would have been smashed, instead the Broncos still own it!
            sigpic

Comment

sweet. how the hell did that happen?

Comment

Vasher lined up a little to the right cuz the wind was seriously insane and the ball swooped right into his arms and just ran like no other with urlacher leading the way.It was pretty sweet and made me happy it erased are fg return
                Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Comment

A Record Falls!!!

I hate black marks against our team. We have had two biggies that took us a few years to shake. The first was Dillon setting the rushing record against us. I was at that game, it was an absolute nightmare afterwards. I was happy when Jamal Lewis finally broke that record against the Browns two years ago.

The other black mark I hated was the 107 TD scored against us on a missed field goal against the Ravens on a night game. Well it took a few years, but thank you BEARS!!!!

On todays game vs San Fran at the end of the first half.

Nathan Vasher, 108 Yd blocked FG return (Robbie Gould kick is good), 0:00.

That plus a Denver win = a good day!
                  The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Tsk tsk tsk........

Originally posted by Elway
                    I hate black marks against our team. We have had two biggies that took us a few years to shake. The first was Dillon setting the rushing record against us. I was at that game, it was an absolute nightmare afterwards. I was happy when Jamal Lewis finally broke that record against the Browns two years ago.

The other black mark I hated was the 107 TD scored against us on a missed field goal against the Ravens on a night game. Well it took a few years, but thank you BEARS!!!!

There's already a thread on this brother...........

Comment

Here it is Elway! Merge?

Comment

I even went back a page looking for it, but we had so many pop up threads today it pushed it back.

Thanks Mr. Winn
                        The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Ironic how things went...

The other "black mark" (as mentioned above) was the "Superblow" in the Superbowl... ironic that the team that beat the Broncos that day, "lifted" the burden of the FG return record, the 49ers.

Comment

I even went back a page looking for it, but we had so many pop up threads today it pushed it back.

Thanks Mr. Winn
                            No swaet. It is a busy place today!

Oh happy day!!

Comment

Longest Td

Anyone else happy to see the Chicago bears break the record for longest td in Nfl history?

he passed up the old one where the ravens ran our field goal attempt back for a td......that was embarassing.....
                              "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
                              -The best in the business-

Comment

Working...
                              X