Elway = First Bronco HOF'er?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elway = First Bronco HOF'er?

Watching the Pro Bowl pregame show, and they talked to Elway. Is it true that he'll be the first Bronco to be in the Hall of Fame? If so, I think that's crazy!

It is cool that he's going, though. He deserves it.

First Bronco to go in as a Bronco, yep...

Comment

We have others, but they really weren't inducted as Broncos as they only ended their careers with us.

Anyways, yes, Elway will be the first, and maybe Zimmerman or Sharpe the second/third.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
      - Carl Sagan

Comment

Zimmerman & Gradishar should be the 2nd & third.

Sharpe has another year atleast of playing to do. I say so!

Comment

That's quite an honor for Elway.

Is Sharpe not retiring? I honestly think he will, but it's not my decision. It'd be cool to see him for one more year, but whatever happens, happens.

Comment

I don't think he is. He's got too much going for him to go out right now. Plus, everyone that they interview that is close to him says that it's just another thing that the media blew out of proportion (a la the portis-holdout)

Besides, if tv isn't ready for Janet Jackson's nipple, there is no way that they are ready for Sharpe.

Also, think of it this way--they were priming Sharpe to take over Dan Marino's place on CBS, right? Well...Now all of a sudden Marino is quitting his Dolphins job...hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by FutureMrsPortis
              First Bronco to go in as a Bronco, yep...
              There actually is no such thing as "going in as a Bronco" or "going in as a (any team)" in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. That is something that exists in the Baseball Hall of Fame but not in football.

Comment

Originally posted by Aardwolf
                There actually is no such thing as "going in as a Bronco" or "going in as a (any team)" in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. That is something that exists in the Baseball Hall of Fame but not in football.
                Well then, Elway is not the first Bronco HOFer...

Get over yourself, you seem to have a rather large chip on your shoulder. Do you feel responsible for correcting everybody's posts on everything? Get a life! Sheesh!

Comment

Get over yourself, you seem to have a rather large chip on your shoulder. Do you feel responsible for correcting everybody's posts on everything? Get a life! Sheesh!
                  Hmmmm! OK! So, basically you think that any false statement made on a BB should be left to be taken as fact by an unsuspecting and ignorant reader.

Interesting philosophy! Kind of intellectually vacuous but certainly interesting.

Actually, YOU seem to be demonstrating "a rather large chip on your shoulder" or perhaps just a large degree of immaturity. All I did was politely correct your ignorant statement. I'm truly sorry if you are not adult enough to accept it.
                  Last edited by Aardwolf; 02-17-2004, 02:32 PM.

Comment

wow that didn't take long for someone to disprove aardvark. Good job mrs portis.

His initial sentence is just trying to get past the fact that you showed him up.
                    Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Well, NO, not exactly.

According to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, there are currently ZERO persons who have spent the major part of their primary contribution as a Denver Bronco. The Hall of Fame also recognizes players who spent a minority of their career with a given team. There are two players who were briefly with the Broncos who are in the Hall of Fame, Willie Brown and Tony Dorsett.

So, it is true that John Elway WILL become the FIRST Denver Bronco in the Hall of Fame by their own measure.

An interesting footnote is that should Gary Zimmerman be elected to the Hall in the future, he will just be another one of those minority players, like Dorsett and Brown, as he spent the majority of his career with the Minnesota Vikings.

Don't blame me! I don't make up the rules, the Hall of Fame does.

Comment

Does anyone else think that Aardwolf lost his compass and is just going around in circles?

FutureMrsPortis: "First Bronco to go in as a Bronco, yep... "

Aardwolf: "There actually is no such thing as "going in as a Bronco" or "going in as a (any team)" in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. That is something that exists in the Baseball Hall of Fame but not in football. "

FutureMrsPortis: "Well then, Elway is not the first Bronco HOFer"

Aardwolf: "Hmmmm! OK! So, basically you think that any false statement made on a BB should be left to be taken as fact by an unsuspecting and ignorant reader.

Interesting philosophy! Kind of intellectually vacuous but certainly interesting."

Aardwolf: "Well, NO, not exactly.

So, it is true that John Elway WILL become the FIRST Denver Bronco in the Hall of Fame by their own measure.

Don't blame me! I don't make up the rules, the Hall of Fame does."

First he says that there is no such thing as a player entering as a player, then changes his mind but states it such that it appears that he was correct. You gotta love those dumb mind games he plays.
                        Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by rascal
                          Does anyone else think that Aardwolf lost his compass and is just going around in circles?

FutureMrsPortis: "First Bronco to go in as a Bronco, yep... "

Aardwolf: "There actually is no such thing as "going in as a Bronco" or "going in as a (any team)" in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. That is something that exists in the Baseball Hall of Fame but not in football. "

FutureMrsPortis: "Well then, Elway is not the first Bronco HOFer"

Aardwolf: "Hmmmm! OK! So, basically you think that any false statement made on a BB should be left to be taken as fact by an unsuspecting and ignorant reader.

Interesting philosophy! Kind of intellectually vacuous but certainly interesting."

Aardwolf: "Well, NO, not exactly.

Don't blame me! I don't make up the rules, the Hall of Fame does."

First he says that there is no such thing as a player entering as a player, then changes his mind but states it such that it appears that he was correct. You gotta love those dumb mind games he plays.
                          Obviously, you are having a problem understanding English. Is there, perhaps, another language that you are a bit better with?

I NEVER said "there is no such thing as a player entering as a player". LOL! How ludicrous! What I said was, "There actually is no such thing as "going in as a Bronco" or "going in as a (any team)" in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. That is something that exists in the Baseball Hall of Fame but not in football."

The Hall of fFame web site will confirm my statement.
                          Last edited by Aardwolf; 02-17-2004, 03:37 PM.

Comment

This is what the Hall of Fame website has to say in regard to ...

"Is a New Hall of Fame Member Enshrined as a Member of a Team?

Obviously, teams take great pride in the accomplishments of individuals who have been a part of their organization. Often individual teams and even the Hall of Fame will list enshrinees according to the team or teams on which they spent a significant period of time. An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined. When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for his accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor."

I rest my case!

Comment

Yes I'd *LIKE* a full dissertation in Russian, French & German...
                              Last edited by BlueDamsel; 02-17-2004, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X