• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazie
    replied
    Re: Elway = First Bronco HOF'er?

Originally posted by kcchiefsrule
    Watching the Pro Bowl pregame show, and they talked to Elway. Is it true that he'll be the first Bronco to be in the Hall of Fame? If so, I think that's crazy!

It is cool that he's going, though. He deserves it.
    Unfortunately yes although it is to my opinion that Steve Atwater should be there already.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by Elway
    What no Latin?

Aardwolf is correct, you go in as a player not a member of any specific team.

Though players can make their loyalities known, like Marcus Allen did when he asked to receive his Hall of Fame ring in a presentation this in Kansas City rather than Oakland where he spend the majority of his carreer.
    Aardie is leaving that fact out.

Leave a comment:

• Aardwolf
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos_chick
    (Phonetically, as I don't know whether the board can accommodate Cyrillic): "Yabat tebya, zhiopvolk". There's your Russian, A$$wolf.
    LOL!!!

What is an "A$$wolf", anyway? A wolf with a lot of $$$$$$$$?

Leave a comment:

• FutureMrsPortis
    replied
    o-nay idding-kay ick-chay. ome-say eople-pay ouldn't-shay ave-hay a-ay omputer-cay.

Leave a comment:

• FutureMrsPortis
    replied
    I'm sorry, I forgot to type a word...I went and fixed it just for you.

Now get to hopping...I really want to read what you have to say in these languages.

Leave a comment:

• broncos_chick
    replied
    Originally posted by Aardwolf
    But if it means you are better with Russian, French and German, it would indeed seem to indicate there is a great opportunity for that to prove true.
    (Phonetically, as I don't know whether the board can accommodate Cyrillic): "Yabat tebya, zhiopvolk". There's your Russian, A$$wolf.

Leave a comment:

• Aardwolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Elway
    What no Latin?

Though players can make their loyalities known, like Marcus Allen did when he asked to receive his Hall of Fame ring in a presentation this in Kansas City rather than Oakland where he spend the majority of his carreer.
    Exactly! That's a baseball thing!

Leave a comment:

• broncos_chick
    replied
    OK, then how about this one, FMP?

"Aard-ay olf-way oron-may".

Leave a comment:

• Aardwolf
    replied
    Originally posted by FutureMrsPortis
    Yes I'd a full dissertation in Russian, French & German...
    I'm not familiar with the expression "I'd a full dissertation" nor do I have a clue what it means.

But if it means you are better with Russian, French and German, it would indeed seem to indicate there is a great opportunity for that to prove true.

Leave a comment:

• FutureMrsPortis
    replied
    Of course not latin...Although a pig-latin essay would be rather humorous.

Leave a comment:

• Elway
    replied
    What no Latin?

Leave a comment:

• FutureMrsPortis
    replied
    Yes I'd *LIKE* a full dissertation in Russian, French & German...
    Last edited by BlueDamsel; 02-17-2004, 04:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Aardwolf
    replied
    This is what the Hall of Fame website has to say in regard to ...

"Is a New Hall of Fame Member Enshrined as a Member of a Team?

Obviously, teams take great pride in the accomplishments of individuals who have been a part of their organization. Often individual teams and even the Hall of Fame will list enshrinees according to the team or teams on which they spent a significant period of time. An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined. When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for his accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor."

I rest my case!

Leave a comment:

• Aardwolf
    replied
    Originally posted by rascal
    Does anyone else think that Aardwolf lost his compass and is just going around in circles?

FutureMrsPortis: "First Bronco to go in as a Bronco, yep... "

Aardwolf: "There actually is no such thing as "going in as a Bronco" or "going in as a (any team)" in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. That is something that exists in the Baseball Hall of Fame but not in football. "

FutureMrsPortis: "Well then, Elway is not the first Bronco HOFer"

Aardwolf: "Hmmmm! OK! So, basically you think that any false statement made on a BB should be left to be taken as fact by an unsuspecting and ignorant reader.

Interesting philosophy! Kind of intellectually vacuous but certainly interesting."

Aardwolf: "Well, NO, not exactly.

So, it is true that John Elway WILL become the FIRST Denver Bronco in the Hall of Fame by their own measure.

Don't blame me! I don't make up the rules, the Hall of Fame does."

First he says that there is no such thing as a player entering as a player, then changes his mind but states it such that it appears that he was correct. You gotta love those dumb mind games he plays.
    Obviously, you are having a problem understanding English. Is there, perhaps, another language that you are a bit better with?

I NEVER said "there is no such thing as a player entering as a player". LOL! How ludicrous! What I said was, "There actually is no such thing as "going in as a Bronco" or "going in as a (any team)" in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. That is something that exists in the Baseball Hall of Fame but not in football."

The Hall of fFame web site will confirm my statement.
    Last edited by Aardwolf; 02-17-2004, 03:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rascal
    replied
    Does anyone else think that Aardwolf lost his compass and is just going around in circles?

FutureMrsPortis: "First Bronco to go in as a Bronco, yep... "

Aardwolf: "There actually is no such thing as "going in as a Bronco" or "going in as a (any team)" in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. That is something that exists in the Baseball Hall of Fame but not in football. "

FutureMrsPortis: "Well then, Elway is not the first Bronco HOFer"

Aardwolf: "Hmmmm! OK! So, basically you think that any false statement made on a BB should be left to be taken as fact by an unsuspecting and ignorant reader.

Interesting philosophy! Kind of intellectually vacuous but certainly interesting."

Aardwolf: "Well, NO, not exactly.

So, it is true that John Elway WILL become the FIRST Denver Bronco in the Hall of Fame by their own measure.

Don't blame me! I don't make up the rules, the Hall of Fame does."

First he says that there is no such thing as a player entering as a player, then changes his mind but states it such that it appears that he was correct. You gotta love those dumb mind games he plays.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X