Did We Finish Off the Raiders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did We Finish Off the Raiders?

Yes I know we won the game but did we close the door on the Raiders like we did the Eagles?

What are your thoughts?
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

I would say we did.

I think we did a much better job this time........especially that pick by D Will to stop the bleeding that was going on.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

Comment

I'd call an 80 yard interception return closing the door.
      Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Does a bear poop in the woods?

'
        ---------

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
          '
          ---------
          To the best of my knowledge he does.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
            Yes I know we won the game but did we close the door on the Raiders like we did the Eagles?

What are your thoughts?
            Next question.

Seriously...yes we finished off the Raiders. It's a W and a convincing one.

Comment

There was a chance for them to get back in it if they would have scored a td down 23-10 (Giants Anyone?)...but we shot down any thoughts of that with D-Wills pick-6 the other way

Thanks Snk

Comment

Yeah, today was a solid victory for the Broncos.

And today, Darrent Williams put the final nail in the Raiders' coffin.

Sig by Snk16, cause he's ****ing awesome like that.

DENVER BRONCOS...WELCOME TO THE CUTLER ERA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC

What are your thoughts?
                  Gee, I wonder why this thread was started.

No, we didn't keep the pressure on them. Near the middle of the 4th, the pressure was all on us. We took a 23-0 lead into the fourth quarter, and Oakland was one INT from getting within 6 with lots of time left.

We did the same thing against the Skins, the Pats and the Giants.

Add to that, the INT JP threw that was 7 the other way if it was caught, we played really weak once we got a big lead. (I know it doesn't count - JPs record is what it is - I simply am pointing out another example of less-than-stellar play once we get big leads.

For some reason, when we get up by three scores, we put it in cruise control on both offense and defense.

I'll get bashed and accused of hate, so what? A win doesn't mean that we played a good game, although winning is all that matters, but we didn't put them away.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                    Gee, I wonder why this thread was started.

No, we didn't keep the pressure on them. Near the middle of the 4th, the pressure was all on us. We took a 23-0 lead into the fourth quarter, and Oakland was one INT from getting within 6 with lots of time left.

We did the same thing against the Skins, the Pats and the Giants.

Add to that, the INT JP threw that was 7 the other way if it was caught, we played really weak once we got a big lead. (I know it doesn't count - JPs record is what it is - I simply am pointing out another example of less-than-stellar play once we get big leads.

For some reason, when we get up by three scores, we put it in cruise control on both offense and defense.

I'll get bashed and accused of hate, so what? A win doesn't mean that we played a good game, although winning is all that matters, but we didn't put them away.
                    It was a very good game. Never once did I think the Raiders were going to actually complete a comeback.

Comment

Did we play a COMPLETE game?

I think we SLAMMED the door on our way out...but I DO NOT think we played a complete game. There were about...oh...5-8min (correct me if I am wrong) where we stumbled a little bit, granted it was a fluke play(R. Smith), but Bell fumbeled...Jake "almost" threw a pick. It looked as though there could be a potential of letting the game slip away...but....

in came...( :enter The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly Whistle: )

D. WILLIAMS...slamming the door!!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Steedstampede
                        I think we SLAMMED the door on our way out...but I DO NOT think we played a complete game. There were about...oh...5-8min (correct me if I am wrong) where we stumbled a little bit, granted it was a fluke play(R. Smith), but Bell fumbeled...Jake "almost" threw a pick. It looked as though there could be a potential of letting the game slip away...but....

in came...( :enter The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly Whistle: )

D. WILLIAMS...slamming the door!!!!

Good post. No homer talk. An honest assessment. Be prepared for the St. Jake crowd to attack, but as for me, I'm sending you a CP!
                        sigpic

Comment

Good post. No homer talk. An honest assessment. Be prepared for the St. Jake crowd to attack, but as for me, I'm sending you a CP!
                          No attack from me. My heart did skip a beat when I saw that ball bounce off the Raider defender and fall incomplete. It was a bad throw but even Elway had his share of those.

Comment

wow...BRONCOS_MTNMAN...thanks! That means a lot coming from you I think I'll be pretty safe concerning the St. Jake club...we won...remember!!! LOL

Thanks again man...uh..I mean...mtnman!

GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

Thats a good Question TX... but considering we don't know what the next drive would have looked like, had we gotten one. INstead, we took an INT the other direction.

We've done it over and over again. ONce we get ahead, we seem to go into "conservative" mode, and the offense completely sputters. We run up the middle, gaining a yrd. We hand it off three times... gaining three yards, then shooting for field position with the big punt.

I say that the defense came up big again. That can't be criticized, because that is what good defenses do, they come up big when the time for them to is there. SO far, the Denver Defense has..... Washington, Eagles, and now Oakland. We used to see that same type of thing happen with the Patriots and the same type of thing happen with the Rams when they went. Their players would come up with big plays when a big play was needed. Its hard to criticize.

SURE. I would LOVE to have a "picture perfect" win. One where we take the lead, and just keep it. But you know what? The other team is paid just as much as we are to win games. THey don't like losing either. SO they are doing THEIR damnest not to just "let it go." THEIR players are paid to make big plays when they need a big play. In the end, our defense caused the turnovers today.. Thats HUGE. Our offense sputtered.. imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X