Best Rookies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Rookies

Why is it that "our" rookies, perhaps two very up and coming db's get very litte play in the national media? Sheez. I can't think of any two other guys that could come on a team like this and step up the way they have. They can cover, they can hit, what gives? Don't know what it is like out there in CO but us folks on the east coast think Jake is pretty cool. Is there something we don't know? Go Broncos!!!

Haters!!!!!!!!!!!!!what else
    Some minds are like concrete, completely mixed up, and permanently set!!

Comment

To me, it seems like no rooks get love from the national media. Smith has been hurt, and both top backs have slowed down since the start. Part of it is that you rarely see cornerback play on sportscenter. You don't see them raving about Antrel Rolle either. I guess the point is that good CBs don't get noticed unless they're making a tackle on a run play, get a pick, or get absolutely burned.

Comment

If Darrent is in contention for rookie of the year I give up. Makin picks, makin returns, makin tackles, and makin big plays. That is a lot of makin if you ask me.

Comment

hes sure ahead of pac man jones muahahahaha

Comment

I actually do believe they receive enough attention, as rarely do rookie defenders receive much of any attention. Darrent is having a great year and looks to be a real keeper, especially after yesterday's performance, but don't get bent out of shape if he doesn't win defensve ROY. Odell Thurman of the Bengals has redefined their linebacking core, if not the entire defense. He has made impact play after impact play. If you don't believe he is the defensive front runner, go look at his numbers. He gets rarely any attention, but he'll get it when it counts.

Comment

well just some info Antrel Rolle is not even playing right now! he is injured! so thats why he is gettin no love!
              sigpic

Comment

Actually they are getting some attention...in fact in the recent midseason SI article that highlighted "young players making an impact" darrent was one of 6 or 7 players to be mentioned...(Foxworth was mentioned in the blurb as well, but darrent was the feature). They mentioned how against the Eagles Darrent covered T.O. 15 times, and McNabb only threw his way twice ...pretty damn good if you ask me

Thanks Snk

Comment

They mentioned how against the Eagles Darrent covered T.O. 15 times, and McNabb only threw his way twice

maybe cause McNabb hates TO haha or Darrent is an up and coming star.....
                  sigpic
                  DROY

Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #98

Comment

Working...
                  X