Because Our Wideouts Have Class...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because Our Wideouts Have Class...

I'm happier than anyone that our wideouts don't perform ridiculous antics on and off the field, except in one area. I want touchdown celebrations. The Mile High salute has serious vintage appeal and i get a warm and fuzzy feeling when former marine Mike Anderson does it, but if someone like Chad Johnson or TO were on the team, do any of you have a fancy celebration stored up for your first NFL touchdown? Possibly favorites from the past?

I would run out of the stadium Forrest Gump Style. Or do a acrobatic routine on the crossbar of the uprights.
    Manning to Thomas ev'ry day, all day.

Comment

Slightly off-topic, but help me out here: A few games ago, who was the guy who caught a pass in the endzone for a TD (duh, obviously!) & then laid the ball on the ground & tried CPR/resus on it?

I saw it on a TV highlights, but can't remember who, apart from that it wasn't a Broncs game. It's driving me nuts!

Thanx!
      "We've got these guys right where we want em..."

Comment

How about just handing the ball back to the ref and going back to the sideline? Or is that not "flashy" enough for you?

Comment

Originally posted by steviebee
          Slightly off-topic, but help me out here: A few games ago, who was the guy who caught a pass in the endzone for a TD (duh, obviously!) & then laid the ball on the ground & tried CPR/resus on it?

I saw it on a TV highlights, but can't remember who, apart from that it wasn't a Broncs game. It's driving me nuts!

Thanx!
          Chad Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Interpol
            How about just handing the ball back to the ref and going back to the sideline? Or is that not "flashy" enough for you?
            I really admire our wideouts for their class, but i'm just having some fun here. I think touchdown celebrations are a good opportunity to inject some humor into the game, et cetera. Needless to say if rod smith gave CPR to the ball, I would shake my head in wonder...

Comment

Thanks Moozoo! You have saved me from going (more) prematurely grey!
              "We've got these guys right where we want em..."

Comment

Well, I have to disagree with you . . .

Originally posted by moozoo22
                I'm happier than anyone that our wideouts don't perform ridiculous antics on and off the field, except in one area. I want touchdown celebrations. The Mile High salute has serious vintage appeal and i get a warm and fuzzy feeling when former marine Mike Anderson does it, but if someone like Chad Johnson or TO were on the team, do any of you have a fancy celebration stored up for your first NFL touchdown? Possibly favorites from the past?
                I hate showboat "celebrations." I don't want to see moonwalks, break dances, boat rowing, arm flapping, hip shaking, talking on cell phones, etc. When a player does that, only three people are involved: me, myself, and I. I do like MA's salute because he is giving tribute to our fans. Other than that, I like to see team celebrations, where they are congratulating each other.

-----

Comment

I think Anderson's Mile High Salute is probably my favorite celebration in the NFL...just for sheer nostalgic purposes...

Comment

Originally posted by moozoo22

like rod smith showing his super bowl rings off to the raiders fans and everyone else
                    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                    While he sits by his hearth at home.
                    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                    That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

ur right.. but let lelie do some celebrations.... one me and my friends thought of was when you hold the ball like a grenade, pretend to bite out the pin... drop it at your feet and act u just got blown up)

its hard to say through a keyboard, but when u do it , it looks pretty tight

SIG MADE BY ME!!

my myspace: www.myspace.com/italian2sta11ion
                      MY CUSTOM RINGTONES: http://djdraggytones.mstore.xingtone.com

Comment

Hey Top, the only problem is that the NFL has banned team celebrations. The group dirty bird in atlanta, the... i dont know what to call it, where they got in a big circle and knocked the ball around to each other that ive seen in st louis and other places. The NFL has banned these team things.
                        Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                          I hate showboat "celebrations." I don't want to see moonwalks, break dances, boat rowing, arm flapping, hip shaking, talking on cell phones, etc. When a player does that, only three people are involved: me, myself, and I. I do like MA's salute because he is giving tribute to our fans. Other than that, I like to see team celebrations, where they are congratulating each other.

-----
                          The players can't celebrate as a team in the end zone because it is against the rules, that's why they celebrate alone. I would like too see them personifying a beetle laying on its back, it would be hilarious, and no one would get offended (Unless there is an anti-beetle discrimination group)

:salute:

Comment

-----
                            I kind of agree. I like celebrations, but I would prefer it be something representitive of either A) The Team, B) The Fans, or C) The Community. Mile High salute gets it done. I think Jake should start giving "the finger" with a smile to the stands everytime he scores a touchdown. Ha! Well, it wouldn't go over well...but those of us that have followed his past with a sense of humor would probably find it hysterical. Maybe right after that he could run over a grab a chearleader too.
                            Go Broncos!!!

Comment

-----
                              I think its great. Who doesn't remember the knee-flappin' celebration of White Shoes Johnson? Seeing a great celebration can be fun. The old fashioned SPIKE is still classic....

Flap your arms, spike the ball, moondance, catipillar, do Back FLIps... I don't care.. just DON'T do something disrespectful to the other team. Thats where I draw the line.

Comment

Working...
                              X