Because Our Wideouts Have Class...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chickennob2
    Hey Top, the only problem is that the NFL has banned team celebrations. The group dirty bird in atlanta, the... i dont know what to call it, where they got in a big circle and knocked the ball around to each other that ive seen in st louis and other places. The NFL has banned these team things.
    C'mon, you and Bronco_f1. You think I am talking about the team joining hands and doing leg kicks together? The NFL has nothing against high-fives and congratulating each other. Often, teammates will rush toward the person who scored to congratulate him, only to be ignored because he is busy practicing his stage act. I've even seen such a person struggling to get free from his teammates so he can get room to do his "thing." As if he was solely responsible for scoring the TD. The blockers and QB had nothing to do with it . . . . just him.

Why do I have to explain all this?

-----

Comment

Personally

I don't care if the players celebrate or not. I happen to think the celebrations are funny. It doesn't make them classless. Lelie use to do celebrations........but he hasn't lately because he doesn't score

It doesn't make one of those guys classless for celebrating. If teams or players don't want to see the opponent celebrating in the endzone keep them out of it. Stop them.
      Emancipate your mind!
      The People's Poster

Comment

For me, it really all depends on the situation.

Generally, I think most celebrations are silly but I like one here and there from time to time. The mile high salute is easily the best celebration of all time for so many reasons IMO.

I hate guys that celebrate a tackle/sack when they are 30 pts down. I've never understood that.

I did like Lelie's surfing celebration last year.

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
          C'mon, you and Bronco_f1. You think I am talking about the team joining hands and doing leg kicks together? The NFL has nothing against high-fives and congratulating each other. Often, teammates will rush toward the person who scored to congratulate him, only to be ignored because he is busy practicing his stage act. I've even seen such a person struggling to get free from his teammates so he can get room to do his "thing." As if he was solely responsible for scoring the TD. The blockers and QB had nothing to do with it . . . . just him.

Why do I have to explain all this?

-----
          Yes, that's true, the other guys deserve credit, too. That's why they should allow synchronized celebrations

I don't find it wrong for players to have that kind of stage act. I think that players should be allowed to do any crazy celebrations as long as they don't make it offensive.

The NFL is not just a sport, is an entertainment business, and people want to be entertained. I like watching good touchdown celebrations, with no disrespect to anyone. I would like to see some of the Broncos making a good-natured celebrations, something that entertains. It's not about them, it's also about entertaining the fans. A little dance or a CPR to a football is not offensive, and most people enjoy it, there is no reason to not enjoy it, there is nothing wrong with it
          Last edited by Bronco_f1; 11-14-2005, 09:01 PM.

:salute:

Comment

Take off your shoe and hand it to the ref.

Comment

Theres never anything wong with having a little fun, but not to the point where it becomes arrogance.
              Kyle Johnson has danced in the past, kinda like a galloping, bobble of the head technique, looked pretty sweet.

Comment

Kyle's Dance and Lelie surfing are pretty cool.

Rod pumping his fist then giving the ball to the ref is pretty good too .
                My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

All these celebrations you guys are approve of are Bronco players

Well the other teams and fans think they are arrogant........saluting, horse galloping, surfing, pumping fist in the air............

It all depends on who you are rooting for. That's why I say ours is no better than anyone elses. They don't bother me........ If you don't want to see a dance in the endzone, make sure your team don't allow a touchdown. Football is entertainment. Is it classless when McNabb does the MJ and moon walk all over the place.........we can go on and on.

This is entertainment. I don't see the harm. The league allows some demonstrations to certain degree.....so it is allowed. You just can't pretend to moon the fans........There was nothing wrong with Terrell writing on the footballl, it was the fact that he had a pen in his sock. There are many players that pretend to write on the football now........pretend to make phone calls.....please...

I'm more worried about the offense and defense and the score. ESPN and every other sporting channel loves to highlight celebrations .
                  Emancipate your mind!
                  The People's Poster

Comment

Working...
                  X