A Scenario. Don't Worry About Indy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Scenario. Don't Worry About Indy

Just been looking at the standings and some of the AFC teams remaining schedules and have been hypothesising...

Here's my breakdown, like it or not...

Indy 14-2 Win Division & Bye
    Denver 13-3 Win Division & Bye
    NE 11-5 Win Division
    Pittsburgh 13-3 Win Division
    Jacksonville 12-4 Wildcard
    Cincinnati 11-5 Wildcard

Wildcard weekend sees Pittsburgh defeat Cincinnati and Jacksonville beat NE. Here's where it get's good. Jacksonville goes into into, Del Rio has his defense playing as good as they can (and that's pretty good). Jville defeats Indy and they're onto the AFC Championship game.

According to my theory the Broncos need to worry more about the Steelers than the Colts. Wouldn't that be an awesome playoff game. Mile high, in the snow, steelers/Broncos playing smashmouth, run the ball down your throat football.

Just a theory mind you.
    Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Originally posted by pikman
    Jacksonville goes into into
    im assuimng you meant indy

i like your theory though

Comment

sweet!

I like this scenario!

Would be very interesting to see Jacksonville/Indy. They play each other twice a year...so they should know each other pretty well.

We'll have to pay attention to the upcoming Indy/Jacksonville game, see how good their D is against Indy's offense. Their D gives up points....should be a good game!
      sigpic
      Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
      -Sean Payton

Comment

Indy is going to be very difficult to beat at home. In order for the Broncos to beat them it will be critical to have that playoff game Invesco.

Comment

I love the scenerio! It's possible for sure!
          Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

Comment

The Broncos will not beat the Colts in the playoffs without the home field advantage.

The Colts will not beat the Broncos in the playoffs without the home field advantage.

Comment

NOthing wrong with dreamin a little, now just wait for the critics to come and tell you you are way off base.

Comment

Not sure if I like the idea of playing against Pittsburgh. Tough, physical defenses that can stop the run and run the ball effectively always seem to give us trouble.
                My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

If you're talking to me, I'm not off base. The Broncos will be in the super bowl if they get the homefield throughout the playoffs. Without it......they won't.....period.

Comment

well the broncos are going to need to be near pefect to get that homefield advantage, and hope that either Indy faulters, or peyton/edgerrin falls flat on their face the next 7 games.
                    Blet

Comment

Mom..............Please don't wake me up...................I wanna keep on dreaming................

Life ain't easy, neither is football. If we wan't to win it all, we will go into Indy (as usual) and serve them a cold plate of revenge (smash mouth football).
                      Then we dance into Detroit and pick up our hardware.............

Comment

My biggest problem with this idea?

You have New England losing only on more game for the duration of the season. I feel pretty sure that they will make the playoffs, but to have them at 11-5, i find that a little off base.
                        Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

Originally posted by chickennob2
                          My biggest problem with this idea?

You have New England losing only on more game for the duration of the season. I feel pretty sure that they will make the playoffs, but to have them at 11-5, i find that a little off base.
                          New England is 8-8 at the best!

Comment

Originally posted by pikman

Indy 14-2 Win Division & Bye
                            Denver 13-3 Win Division & Bye
                            NE 11-5 Win Division
                            Pittsburgh 13-3 Win Division
                            Jacksonville 12-4 Wildcard
                            Cincinnati 11-5 Wildcard
                            Wouldn't this mean that New England play Cincinnati and Pittsburgh play Jacksonville??
                            [A HREF = 'http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/...williamsxt5.jpg'][/A]

Comment

I don't know about you, but I'd love to beat Indy at their place and go on.

Comment

Working...
                              X