Freaking out about Portis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freaking out about Portis

Okay....I am sure that a thread just like this has been posted, but here's mine anyway. I am freaking out that we will lose Portis to another team considering all of the salary cap problems we will experience. After watching his performance on Sunday during the Pro Bowl it is more evident tto me han ever how important this young man will be to the future of our team. His talent and energy cannot be measured by the amount of money he is currently making. I hope that the media is making more of this than is really there. Simply put, the Broncos need to hook him up as soon as they have the cap room available....I just cannot imagine him playing for some other team. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT LOSE CLINTON PORTIS.....Okay, I'm done now. GO BRONCOS!!

RELAX! It's way too early to worry about this. Try deep breathing.
    "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

Comment

We wont lose Al Wilson or Clinton Portis.

Comment

Still so early, time will help sort things out... free agency starts in march.
        The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

He'll play this season for sure...

Think about this... Clinton Portis sits out this year and we don't give him a new contract. Then he sits out next year and we don't give him a new contract. Now what team is going to pay a player who hasn't played for two years a fat purse? I'm willing to bet the house that a team wouldn't pay him what he thinks he's worth because of that down time. So he'll play this next year for sure and by next year I think Griese is now longer counting against our cap. So next year we sign him to a long term deal. Thats what I thinks going to happen. Oh and holding out won't work cause then we'll be forced to start QG or Ahmeed Galloway since he'll be off IR. (he was rated as one of the top ten backs last year but was coming off an injured senior year and his draft stock fell.) Now if one or the other has a successful year, then his negotiating ground grows more unsteady and we'll offer less money than he wants but he'll be under pressure to take it because by not doing so, he might not come into the final year of his contract as the clear starter which would lose him more ground come contract time. Basically, we have him by the balls if he holds out. I think that he'll play this year and we'll resign him next offseason. There is my two cents worth.

Comment

Re: Freaking out about Portis

Originally posted by EddiMac87
            Okay....I am sure that a thread just like this has been posted, but here's mine anyway. I am freaking out that we will lose Portis to another team considering all of the salary cap problems we will experience. After watching his performance on Sunday during the Pro Bowl it is more evident tto me han ever how important this young man will be to the future of our team. His talent and energy cannot be measured by the amount of money he is currently making. I hope that the media is making more of this than is really there. Simply put, the Broncos need to hook him up as soon as they have the cap room available....I just cannot imagine him playing for some other team. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT LOSE CLINTON PORTIS.....Okay, I'm done now. GO BRONCOS!!
            The more I think about this, the more I'm convinced that we won't lose either Wilson or Portis. Wilson is the leader of the defense, and we'll figure out a way to pay Portis. It depends on several factors, including signing our future draft picks and getting the word on whether Sharpe, Eddie Mac, and others are willing to go another season. It's still early in the process.
            Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

Thanks for all the great feedback everyone...I needed the reassurance...GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

He still has two years on his contract, he is not going anywhere.

As been said before Broncos have a way of taking care of their own. I would be surprised if Portis ever gets to another team in his playing years...
                Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Re: Freaking out about Portis

Originally posted by EddiMac87

Clinton portis didn't do anything real spectacular in the Pro Bowl except his touchdown celebration. Yea but you guys do need him and if you lose that will really suck cause your team will be bad without him I don't care about Quentin Griffin he had ONE break out game and you people are making him look like he is so good he is average ok average.
                  CUTBACK!!!

Comment

Re: Re: Freaking out about Portis

Originally posted by Africangod
                    Clinton portis didn't do anything real spectacular in the Pro Bowl except his touchdown celebration. Yea but you guys do need him and if you lose that will really suck cause your team will be bad without him I don't care about Quentin Griffin he had ONE break out game and you people are making him look like he is so good he is average ok average.
                    OK, just OK. Ya right man. CP is great. Just because he didnt play that well in the Pro Bowl your going to say he is ok. Thats messed up man. CP is in the top 3 for running backs right now in the NFL. He had what 1600 yards this year or something like that and he missed like 2 games. By the way who is your favorite team?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Freaking out about Portis

Originally posted by dandaman23
                      OK, just OK. Ya right man. CP is great. Just because he didnt play that well in the Pro Bowl your going to say he is ok. Thats messed up man. CP is in the top 3 for running backs right now in the NFL. He had what 1600 yards this year or something like that and he missed like 2 games. By the way who is your favorite team?
                      I know Clinton Portis is great i meant, said Quentin Griffin is ok. Yea Clinton Portis is One of the best.
                      CUTBACK!!!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Freaking out about Portis

I know Clinton Portis is great i meant, said Quentin Griffin is ok. Yea Clinton Portis is One of the best.
                        Oh alright.LOL My bad. Again who is your favorite team?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Freaking out about Portis

Originally posted by dandaman23
                          Oh alright.LOL My bad. Again who is your favorite team?
                          Where do you think I leave in MA so its going to be patriots but I also like the giants because my favorite Running Back is on that team.
                          CUTBACK!!!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Freaking out about Portis

Where do you think I leave in MA so its going to be patriots but I also like the giants because my favorite Running Back is on that team.
                            must be so lame on your teams boards that you come in here
                            sigpic

Comment

Tiki Barber, ahhh man. He has fumbleitis, c'mon you know your favorite running back is Clinton Portis.LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X