• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emancipator
    replied
    They need to play for a win.

Originally posted by Tripsssss
    undefined

According to NFL rules, what incentives do the Broncos need to play for? Already in 1st place now. Home field is one that I know.
    Just wondering how hard they'll play the Jets Sunday 11/21/05
    Thanx,
    Tripsssss
    That should always be the incentive for any team and at any time during the season. That is the ultimate reason they play the game. In the NFL, they don't play the game for fun first......they play to win........all the rest of the stuff in secondary.

Ask Herm Edwards........he'll tell you that.

Leave a comment:

• Tripsssss
    replied
    Thanx to all responders.

[
    I am a Denver Broncos FAN.
    Some of you thought that I was talking about a college team lol, no way!

Leave a comment:

• Snk16
    replied
    undefined

According to NFL rules, what incentives do the Broncos need to play for? Already in 1st place now. Home field is one that I know.
    Thanx,
    Tripsssss
    You'll be watching the wrong game. 11/20/05 man.

Leave a comment:

• RBDynasty
    replied
    undefined

Thanx,
    Tripsssss
    You're not serious are you? We have everything to play for still. We have a 2 game lead which means squat. We need to win the rest of our home games and at least 2 road games. Don't count the Chiefs and Chargers out yet.

Leave a comment:

• Mhantra
    replied
    Home field advantage vs steelers/bengals and possibly the chokes...errr! colts

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInNJ
    replied
    I agree with the rest, the Broncos have a ton to play for...we need to keep pace with the rest of the AFC, we need to keep our momentum, and last but not least, we could use all the wins over AFC teams we can get...plus we need to go 8-0 at home this year...

Leave a comment:

• AvsFan26
    replied
    My friend, we have plenty to play for. with a division such as ours, we have four teams who can turn their seasons around pretty quickly, we need to get some games between us and them. 2, while seeming like alot, can go away within 2 games in our division. and besides, 14-2 just looks a lot cooler than say 10-6, or 11-5, am i right?

Leave a comment:

• atomicbloke
    replied
    I think he was talking about the Boise State Broncos

Leave a comment:

• OrangeShadow
    replied
    Originally posted by bronc_fan23
    play to win the game
    love the herm edwards referance

Leave a comment:

• Dean
    replied
    Originally posted by DeuceOfClub
    Better draft position and improve their BCS standings.
    Other than that, nothing.

Acrually, winning gives you a poorer draft position and the BCS only applies to college ball.

Leave a comment:

• Tripsssss
    replied
    Answers to a new member ThXXXXX

Thanx guys for the real timely replies.
    Seems like a nice site here
    I will put you on my buddy list as soon as I find out how lol. Should be easy.
    Boy I sure miss the comebacks of Elway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• bronc_fan23
    replied
    play to win the game

Leave a comment:

• jletourneau
    replied
    Lots

First off, Welcome to the Boards! Glad to have you and I hope you enjoy your time here.

Broncos have LOTS of incentives left to play for, LOTS!

First, they need to keep improving and stay consistent. Their front four just had a very good game and they need to continue to build momentum off of that, especially against a struggling offense like the Jets.

Next, we only have 7 wins, it will take at least 10 to win the division, so it would seem to me there's still LOTS of work that needs to be done.

If we can take a firm hold on the division over the next 3 weeks,(a lot should be known after the game @KC) then we can start playing for a first round bye. That is probably our best bet, and the highest rung to grab because all out homefield advantage will be hard to achieve.

But getting a first round bye and a home playoff game would help tremendously towards getting a playoff victory.

But first, there's still LOTS of work to be done just to hold on, continue to improve, and win the division.

Staying focused and beating the Jets will go a long way towards taking the Broncos where they want to go, they must continue to show that they can take care of business against teams they should be able to handle. The Jets may be battered right now, but they are a team of true professionals, and they WILL be ready to play this week.

What incentive to the Broncos have, LOTS!

Leave a comment:

• Tripsssss
    started a topic Sundays game against the Jets

Sundays game against the Jets

undefined

Thanx,
    Tripsssss
Working...
X