• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shanny files: Game 10

Okay let's get with this weeks lowdown.

Going into the 10th game of a season, Shanny sports a record of 7-3

Out of the 7 wins 4 were home & 3 were away
    Out of the 3 losses 2 were away & 1 was home

This will be the 5th time we have faced the Jets under Shanny in the regular season. Everyone should know we beat them in the Post Season during our last superbowl run in the AFC Championship game.

We are 2-2 vs the Jets

We won at home in 96 & away in 2000
    We lost at home in 99 & away in 2002
    (The 99 game was when TD suffered the injury that pretty much ended his career)

So our pattern against them apears to be win-lose-win-lose.
    If that follows then we are due for a win on Sunday.

Thanks for viewing this weeks edition.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Whoa did I drink severely one weekend? I could swear we only have 2 losses this year. =p

*Edit*

Nevermind, you mean in week 10's overall, I think. =p

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
      Whoa did I drink severely one weekend? I could swear we only have 2 losses this year. =p

*Edit*

Nevermind, you mean in week 10's overall, I think. =p
      *hic*

hehe

This week looks good... but what worries me is our concentration, having a very short week after the Jets game...

Thanks again, Elway.
      Thanks, Reid!
      sigpic
      Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Not too much that I can find for this week's "angles and trends".

Just one thing actually...

The Jets are 14-7-1 on the road vs teams with a winning record.

-------------

The Broncos are favored by 13 and the over/under for the game is 41 (40.5).

-------------
        Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
          Not too much that I can find for this week's "angles and trends".

Just one thing actually...

The Jets are 14-7-1 on the road vs teams with a winning record.

-------------

The Broncos are favored by 13 and the over/under for the game is 41 (40.5).

-------------
          Wow...
          Thanks, Reid!
          sigpic
          Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

With Jets sporting that 4 game losing streak (right?), they are going to be looking to come out and play their best game of the season. But at this point their best game can't beat the Broncos.

Broncos win a close one 37-10. Because they will both have zero at the coin toss makes this a close game.
            Emancipate your mind!
            The People's Poster

Comment

Once again Elway thank you for the Shanny files. Good stuff!

Although Shanahan sports a very good record in week 10 this game seems to be the proverbial "trap" game. Its one that on paper Denver should win but if they let down at all and let the Jets hang around I could see them pulling off an upset.
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                Once again Elway thank you for the Shanny files. Good stuff!

Although Shanahan sports a very good record in week 10 this game seems to be the proverbial "trap" game. Its one that on paper Denver should win but if they let down at all and let the Jets hang around I could see them pulling off an upset.
                LMAO.

Upset??????
                Buster Douglas beating Iron Mike Tyson was an upset, this would be a Collosal Upset of Biblical Proportions.................

In short, it's not gonna happen.............veterans in this team will not allow that [email protected] this season or any time soon.
                We have a focused team with the eye on the prize.

Final Score:

Broncos 38 Jets 7

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                  this game seems to be the proverbial "trap" game. .

I don't think so.

Comment

how could you even say the jets have a chance of winning. without a QB, WR's and a RB under 55 or so the jets have no chance of winning. this win will only look good on paper, its not even an accomplishment.

Comment

Originally posted by q11001
                      how could you even say the jets have a chance of winning. without a QB, WR's and a RB under 55 or so the jets have no chance of winning. this win will only look good on paper, its not even an accomplishment.
                      Just like the Vikings had "no chance of winning" against the Giants in Giants' stadium last Sunday?

The Giants had just beaten the Broncos and Redskins (a 35-0 thrashing if memory serves) and were playing better football than at any time since their SB season in 2000.

Then they give up 3 TDs on an int return, a punt return and a kick return, the first time that has ever happened in NFL history -- and lose.

This is the NFL, not Nebraska v. the Little-Sisters-of-the-Poor. ANY team can be beat on ANY given Sunday.

Don't kid youself that it's not. The Jets lost their starting and backup QB and are hurting right now, but this is a team that won a playoff game on the road last year. They still have a LOT of good players and will KICK the BRONCOS Butts if they take them lightly.

Fortunately, the Broncos players aren't as stupid as you and will (hopefully) prepare properly.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                        Just like the Vikings had "no chance of winning" against the Giants in Giants' stadium last Sunday?

The Giants had just beaten the Broncos and Redskins (a 35-0 thrashing if memory serves) and were playing better football than at any time since their SB season in 2000.

Then they give up 3 TDs on an int return, a punt return and a kick return, the first time that has ever happened in NFL history -- and lose.

This is the NFL, not Nebraska v. the Little-Sisters-of-the-Poor. ANY team can be beat on ANY given Sunday.

Don't kid youself that it's not. The Jets lost their starting and backup QB and are hurting right now, but this is a team that won a playoff game on the road last year. They still have a LOT of good players and will KICK the BRONCOS Butts if they take them lightly.

Fortunately, the Broncos players aren't as stupid as you and will (hopefully) prepare properly.
                        Will we prepare??
                        Are these players proffesionals or part-time jocks?
                        Is Shanny on a fishing trip or preparing a game plan??
                        Is Coyer watching tape or at a strip joint??
                        Wake Up!
                        We are not the sorry Giants and the Jets are not the Vikes.
                        We will kick their arse and destroy them................
                        You want to worry, do it on your own time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel

All this is true but we are better than the Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by q11001
                            the jets have no chance of winning.
                            Although I personally think we're going to blow them out as well, how can you say an NFL team ever has "no chance" of winning against any other team? This isn't Pop Warner! Any team in this league has "a chance" against any other team on any given week.

Comment

Originally posted by tough-guy
                              I don't think so.
                              I think it can if they let down or look past the Jets. So far this season the Broncos have done a good job of avoiding that but it can and does happen from time to time.
                              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                              X