Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Fox Sports think Rod Smith is our backup QB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does Fox Sports think Rod Smith is our backup QB?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/gameTra...Id=20051120007

I like Van Pelt and I think that's a slap. What's up with that?

They only post players that have stats this year. The only other person to attempt a pass besides Plummer the last two years is Rod. I suppose if it wasn't for that one pass by Rod then there wouldn't be anybody listed there.
    Winter is Coming!

Comment

They don't think Rod is the back up QB...its just that Rod has had more pass attemps than BVP has during the regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
        They only post players that have stats this year. The only other person to attempt a pass besides Plummer the last two years is Rod. I suppose if it wasn't for that one pass by Rod then there wouldn't be anybody listed there.
        is there anything Rod cant do?
        "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
        -The best in the business-

Comment

I remember it came up a few years back that Rod is indeed our emergency QB... Should both Plummer and Van Pelt go out in the same game, Rod would act as QB until we could sign someone later in the week.
          Thanks, Reid!
          sigpic
          Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by lordtrychon
            I remember it came up a few years back that Rod is indeed our emergency QB... Should both Plummer and Van Pelt go out in the same game, Rod would act as QB until we could sign someone later in the week.
            Plummer was down with a foot injury and Buerline was out with that broken pinky.....i try to forget those couple games.....we lost 3 out of 4 that year w/o Plummer back there
            "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic

Comment

In Rod we trust

If I am not mistaken Rod Smith is actually our emergency third string QB(come game time). If anything should happen to Plummer and Van Pelt(god I hope not) he would start at QB. I think he also played QB in high school and in college.

Comment

Originally posted by lordtrychon
                sorry did not see you already post that.

Comment

yup, he's the emergency dude!
                  vvvv Palomar-Mnt. Southern California vvvv

sigpic

Comment

not to ruin the thread but So.CalBRONCOFAN nice sig haha the raider fans looked pissed and even 1 guy way flickin him off lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheMastermind
                      is there anything Rod cant do?
                      No...

Actually, he hasn't thrown a TD yet. He needs one!!! I can't think of a better time than this Sunday...

Rod Passing (career): 2/5 - 86 yds - 0 TD - 0 INT - 87.5 QB Rating
                      Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
                        No...

Actually, he hasn't thrown a TD yet. He needs one!!! I can't think of a better time than this Sunday...

Rod Passing (career): 2/5 - 86 yds - 0 TD - 0 INT - 87.5 QB Rating
                        he ALMOST did a couple years ago....he threw a pass for like 60 yards or something to clinton portis against the chiefs

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheMastermind
                          he ALMOST did a couple years ago....he threw a pass for like 60 yards or something to clinton portis against the chiefs

I thought it was 72?

Bah, doesn't matter.

It was alot I know that.

Rod Smith is Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                            I thought it was 72?

Bah, doesn't matter.

It was alot I know that.

Rod Smith is Awesome.
                            It was 72 yards. At KC '03. <-- infamous Hall return / blocks in the back game

Pretty good memory, Benny. Even I had to look it up.

As you said, doesn't matter because Rod Smith IS Awesome!
                            Last edited by Mount-n-Groan; 11-17-2005, 03:20 PM.
                            Winter is Coming!

Comment

Rod Smith was #9 in college because he came to Missouri Southern as a QB...At the time, we had a good starting qb(yes i can say we, i attend the school now and back when rod was here, my father was the director of sports medicine so i was on the sideline for EVERY game) so they moved him to WR. IIRC rod does have 3 passes under his belt as a bronco including an 83 yarder to clinton portis

Comment

Working...
                              X