Difference between me and you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between me and you

me: herdon and walls can improve next year. they showed nice ability to stick with WR's

you: no they cant they are forever 1st year starters. the dont show instincts they dont get int's even though it was their first year they can never get any better than they are right now

me: Pryce should move back to tackle so berry and hayward can start outside. they combined for 20 sacks last year they deserve to be starters

you: no pryce has to play end cause he is best there, even though his career high sack season came at tackle though, but we should maybe draft a stellar DT even though that never happens or we should get another great DT in free agency giving ourselves more than 11 defensive lineman total even though we have enough money problems already.

me: if portis tries to keep us from signing a couple free agents that we need for our superbowl run, screw him

you: portis should take all the money we have no matter who we lose cause he can carry us to the superbowl all by himself he is that good. his success as nothing to do with our offensive line portis is just the man.

me: jackson hasnt even played a full game so how do we even know what he can DO in a full game. he has better tools hands down than kanell cause he is like griese

you: jackson sucks we dont even have to see him play a full game to know that he isnt better than kanell who played in the majority of 4 full games.....even though he lost them all.

me: gold is the plamaker for the defense. he would lead all our LB's as a INT man and as a sacker and has more speed than any other LB we have, he is most valuable on the field

you: no wilson makes all the players we have play even harder cause they dont play their hardest to begin with until AFTER they see wilson make a play

do you kinda get the point? im not a bad guy my views are just different
    Last edited by Return of Lava; 02-10-2004, 10:00 PM.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

boy did you take some of that out context

me: we don't have time to wait for potential in herndon and walls

you: they will be pro bowlers by next year you wait and see.

me: i don't care where pryce plays as long as he used and not abused

you: want somebody else to pass rush

me: believe portis and his contarct will be restructure in a matter that won't affect this years signings. i won't turn my back on him because of a misquote or heated response to a stupid question.

you: believe what you hear first and want to dismiss him as a good player just because he feels he deserves more money.

you: jackson is so athletically gifted that it can overcome his short comings as a qb

me: in this league chances are far and few in between and when you get a shot you gotta show signs that you can take over if the starter goes down. he has never done that. all that nfl europe experience and he still couldn't make it as a third string.

me: gold is a talented player which you would miss because he also plays on special teams and is one of the most fastest LB's in the league, yet he's not the anchor of the LB's on this team. wilson is the mainstay and when you think of the denver defense especially the LB's you think of al wilson there is no going around that. he's a stud and a enforcer who brings the wood. can't let him go.

you: al wilson wants more money so let him go because since he's selfish i don't want him on my team

your not a bad guy, actually you are pretty cool but your anger about wilson and portis wanting more money blurries your vision about the actual truth of thier worth. let alone your thinking about down the road with secondary and I'm thinking about the right now.
    Last edited by bklynbronco; 02-11-2004, 07:06 AM.
    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Re: boy did you take some of that out context

Originally posted by bklynbronco

me: believe portis and his contarct will be restructure in a matter that won't affect this years signings. i won't turn my back on him because of a misquote or heated response to a stupid question.

you: believe what you hear first and want to dismiss him as a good player just because he feels he deserves more money.

you: jackson is so athletically gifted that it can overcome his short comings as a qb

me: in this league chances are far and few in between and when you get a shot you gotta show signs that you can take over if the starter goes down. he has never done that. all that nfl europe experience and he still couldn't make it as a third string.

me: gold is a talented player which you would miss because he also plays on special teams and is one of the most fastest LB's in the league, yet he's not the anchor of the LB's on this team. wilson is the mainstay and when you think of the denver defense especially the LB's you think of al wilson there is no going around that. he's a stud and a enforcer who brings the wood. can't let him go.

you: al wilson wants more money so let him go because since he's selfish i don't want him on my team

your not a bad guy, actually you are pretty cool but your anger about wilson and portis wanting more money blurries your vision about the actual truth of thier worth. let alone your thinking about down the road with secondary and I'm thinking about the right now.
      well said!
      Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

thanks

i didn't want to sound like i was disrespecting lava he's pretty cool

Comment

Agreed.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

looking at the salary

we are 2.3 million over which is not exactly good but it's mangagable. this cap will be fixed cause it always is, we can't hit the panic button just yet. this has to get played out and i believe we will keep a good percentage of our players. one player is not going to swallow the whole cap. they will probably restructure jake's contract around like they used to do elway plus some other players contracts also. several teams have worst sitautions then us so the broncos are not the only ones using thier finger and toes to stay under the cap.
            Last edited by bklynbronco; 02-11-2004, 08:01 AM.

Comment

I definitely agree with you Brooklyn.
              Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

thanks

february is too early to worry about the salary cap let alone presenting a future without C portis or al wilson cause i would have to see to believe it.

Comment

Portis:
                  Portis should honor his contract for next season and then worry about renegotiating in his last year.
                  However Denver will probalby restructure a lot of contracts in the off season to free up some cash for CP. Shanahan takes care of his guys.

Al Wilson:
                  Al WIlson is integral to defensive success. However if he wants more money than the Broncos can afford, let him test the FA market. The Broncos are deep enough at linebacker to absorb that loss, but again with retirements and restructuring Denver will probably find a way to get Al signed.

Secondary:
                  With all the current players that need to be resigned, the secondary will not change dramatically. The available cash to go after prime FA's isn't there.
                  The secondary will be more efficient than people are willing to believe. The Broncos were 12th against the pass this past season, not bad for a bunch of under talented bums. With this season under their young belts, and more time to gel as unit this secondary will be better next year even if left the same.
                  Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

nobody said thier bums

Secondary:
                    With all the current players that need to be resigned, the secondary will not change dramatically. The available cash to go after prime FA's isn't there.
                    The secondary will be more efficient than people are willing to believe. The Broncos were 12th against the pass this past season, not bad for a bunch of under talented bums. With this season under their young belts, and more time to gel as unit this secondary will be better next year even if left the same.

the secondary will change somewhat cause shanny said it would. as for being 12th if you want to settle for that fine but how many plays did these guys make. how many big plays did they allow, check, NE,Cleveland,lions,KC(both),vikings, colt playoff game and how many big passing plays were allowed. you think this just goes away with experience? not one interception when it counted. not one fumble recovery that mattered. if being 12th is sufficient for everyone on here then fine we will go into the next season with the same guys but frustration will settle in by midseason with these guys with so much potential

Comment

Re: boy did you take some of that out context

funny

ok about the wilson and portis deal, i had apologized the next day after portis "cleared up" or "retracted" or "covered up" his story. i am glad he did that. so maybe now we can fit him within the teams concepts. Maybe you all got the wrong impression of me aboout this portis/wilson business. i am NOT saying by no means that griffin could replace portis. i was saying that IF (remember, this is ALL BEFORE that next day when i apologized) Portis asks for more money that we have available, we just have to let him hold out. If we were to do that, Berry Gold Hayward and a couple others become re-signable which would come at a SACRIFICE, Griffin takes over RB duties. We wouldnt be as strong in the run game(as i was sayin that day) but we would still have Berry Gold and Hayward on our team instead of losing them to other teams, and Griffin would be the sacrifice i would take. Thats what i was saying about them, same with wilson. That day i was angry, it was because wilson had said "man, i'll play somewhere man so it doesnt bother me" or something like that, so i was like "WHAT, i cant believe wilson said that, he's acting like he doesnt want to be here." then i said "forget him too, we dont need a leader like that, he doenst even make the big plays, that's ian gold that gets the sacks and Int's. Wilson stops the run but im sure Pierce can stop the run also (albeit not as well but again, the SACRIFICE) so that's what i was saying about them. Of course i want to keep both of them so we dont have to make sacrifices that set us back, but if they wanted to act higher than the team (which is what i thought at the time) then i am not gonna force them to be on the field, we will get along without them.

Ok on to the Jackson business. It's not that i think jackson is such a great QB, its just that i KNOW kanell is a bad QB. When Kanell beat out jackson in camp, i was like cool maybe kanell has some skill for us, but after seeing him play, he reminds me of griese, i have yet to find anybody who disagrees with that. kanell is a robot, i dont like robots.

about kelly and lenny improving, i was actually talking about next year, not a few years from now. I saw that they broke up 14 and 20 passes respectively, which is very good in my mind. The fact that they broke it up means they were able to put a hand on it, meaning a potential interception. we all know they will never have 14 or 20 int's but the point is they are getting the hand on the ball frequently and the int's will come if they keep it up.

and about pryce, thats just common sense, pryce can play anywhere, so we should put him in the place that allows our other great players to play alongside him. berry and hayward are up and coming. berry was among the league leaders in sacks and hayward collected 8.5 as a primary BACKUP! thats a good job from both of them and i feel they should be rewarded by being starters (thus move pryce to DT) so we can actually have a great pass rushing line, i mean isnt that what coyer said he wanted to do anyway?
                      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

i understand

Ok on to the Jackson business. It's not that i think jackson is such a great QB, its just that i KNOW kanell is a bad QB. When Kanell beat out jackson in camp, i was like cool maybe kanell has some skill for us, but after seeing him play, he reminds me of griese, i have yet to find anybody who disagrees with that. kanell is a robot, i dont like robots.

but robots can be controlled and monitored especially by the head coach. jarious was given many a chance through training camp to show that he has the skills to drive a team down field. in shanay's mind it wasn't good enough and that's good enough for me. many a time i though jarious would be the next in line just like a lot of us thougt he would but it didn't happen. you think it his skills deteriorated because of lack of experience? what's the the exhibition season for? your not playing thier best squad. your playing the other teams 2nd and 3rd teams and he couldn't excel, think about it.

Comment

Re: looking at the salary

we are 2.3 million over which is not exactly good but it's mangagable. this cap will be fixed cause it always is, we can't hit the panic button just yet.
                          Oh yea..and 3 years ago or so we were 5 to 6 million under the cap and still retained a lot of good players!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                          2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                            Agreed.
                            Ditto.

Comment

Re: nobody said thier bums

as for being 12th if you want to settle for that fine but how many plays did these guys make. how many big plays did they allow, check, NE,Cleveland,lions,KC(both),vikings, colt playoff game and how many big passing plays were allowed. you think this just goes away with experience? not one interception when it counted. not one fumble recovery that mattered. if being 12th is sufficient for everyone on here then fine we will go into the next season with the same guys but frustration will settle in by midseason with these guys with so much potential
                              I didn't say that that finishing 12th in passing defence was sufficient, I said not bad for an underrated group.

As for experience solving everything, you're right it will not, however it sure doesn't hurt. With everything the secondary went thru this season they are bound to be better next year. Lawyer Milloy and Ty Law, etc were not superstars in their first few seasons either.

A key point I think I made that you may have overlooked bklyn is the fact that the secondary will gel as a unit. There was a lot of unfamiliarity out there this season and I think that when they learn to play as a "unit" things like turnovers will start to happen.

As stated earlier they were 12th this year and they will only get better next season. With a little tinkering and some solid coaching.
                              Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                              X