No announcement yet.

Difference between me and you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread is about as good as my boss's daughter. Which sucked for those of you who didnt see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Joe
      This thread is about as good as my boss's daughter. Which sucked for those of you who didnt see it.
      this is a good thread, it shows my views vs other people's views we have different ways of dealing with things. they want to pay the 2 TOP players and are willing to lose the 4 or 5 solid ones, while I would rather keep the 4 or 5 solid ones and lose the 2 TOP players cause that means less backups and the team is not and should never be based off only 2 TOP players, but rather a collection of solid ones.
      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
        this is a good thread, it shows my views vs other people's views we have different ways of dealing with things. they want to pay the 2 TOP players and are willing to lose the 4 or 5 solid ones, while I would rather keep the 4 or 5 solid ones and lose the 2 TOP players cause that means less backups and the team is not and should never be based off only 2 TOP players, but rather a collection of solid ones.
        Views are like armpits. We all have them and some of them stink.
        Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Re: Difference between me and you

me: herdon and walls can improve next year. they showed nice ability to stick with WR's

you : I agree on Walls, not as convinced with Herndon but I'm no defensive expert. I see larger CBs like walls as being the future in the NFL, especially with all the jump ball recievers out there right now. No argument overall on this one. Ultimately I'm happier with our secondary this year than I've been in quite awhile... far from perfect but they generally tend to get the job done.

me: Pryce should move back to tackle so berry and hayward can start outside. they combined for 20 sacks last year they deserve to be starters

you: Once again I have to agree, especially given the attention that Pryce's fame has brought him. This year he has proven to be the D lineman that gets extra blockers thrown his way for the Broncs, I really feel that this is best used by a DT (since it can stuff the middle even if he's not getting through to make a tackle), not a DE who you would hope would get more limited attention.

me: if portis tries to keep us from signing a couple free agents that we need for our superbowl run, screw him

you: Agree again, I haven't been impressed enough with Portis' ability at this point to sell the farm for him. He's got good potential but still has yet to show himself as a franchise player. Overall I think the Broncs are taking a good approach with him right now, short term extension etc.... anything more and I wouldn't have a problem seeing him try to prove himself on a less capable team. I can think of tons of RB's who could produce 1000-1500 yds for us, maybe not in as spectacular a fashion, but spectactular players aren't shaping up to be what produces championships anymore.

me: jackson hasnt even played a full game so how do we even know what he can DO in a full game. he has better tools hands down than kanell cause he is like griese

you: I have yet to see JJ in a game situation in which he has shown any ability to play QB in the NFL. He hasn't had many opportunities and I realize its tough to come into that type of situation and show much... however 3rd string QB's in the league are basically last resorts, and after the time that he's had to show something... anything, I would rather see someone coming straight out of college with an inkling of potential in that spot. Comparing him with Kanell means nothing, DK is not an NFL calibre QB either. Have to disagree on this one.

me: gold is the plamaker for the defense. he would lead all our LB's as a INT man and as a sacker and has more speed than any other LB we have, he is most valuable on the field

you: IMO Wilson is critical on defense. His physical abilities (while far above average) are only about 50% of the decision making process on this one IMO. He's a solid MLB (not easy to find in this league) who has the smarts to run the defense on the field (very hard to find in this league). I would put him in the top 5 at the position in the league, a position that is as critical IMO as the QB is to the offense. If any player gets a ridiculous contract out of this offseason AW is the one I would want to see get it.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
            What a wise sage you are b4e. lol.
            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Re: Re: Difference between me and you

Originally posted by Plastique
              me: herdon and walls can improve next year. they showed nice ability to stick with WR's

you : I agree on Walls, not as convinced with Herndon but I'm no defensive expert. I see larger CBs like walls as being the future in the NFL, especially with all the jump ball recievers out there right now. No argument overall on this one. Ultimately I'm happier with our secondary this year than I've been in quite awhile... far from perfect but they generally tend to get the job done.

me: Pryce should move back to tackle so berry and hayward can start outside. they combined for 20 sacks last year they deserve to be starters

you: Once again I have to agree, especially given the attention that Pryce's fame has brought him. This year he has proven to be the D lineman that gets extra blockers thrown his way for the Broncs, I really feel that this is best used by a DT (since it can stuff the middle even if he's not getting through to make a tackle), not a DE who you would hope would get more limited attention.

me: if portis tries to keep us from signing a couple free agents that we need for our superbowl run, screw him

you: Agree again, I haven't been impressed enough with Portis' ability at this point to sell the farm for him. He's got good potential but still has yet to show himself as a franchise player. Overall I think the Broncs are taking a good approach with him right now, short term extension etc.... anything more and I wouldn't have a problem seeing him try to prove himself on a less capable team. I can think of tons of RB's who could produce 1000-1500 yds for us, maybe not in as spectacular a fashion, but spectactular players aren't shaping up to be what produces championships anymore.

me: jackson hasnt even played a full game so how do we even know what he can DO in a full game. he has better tools hands down than kanell cause he is like griese

you: I have yet to see JJ in a game situation in which he has shown any ability to play QB in the NFL. He hasn't had many opportunities and I realize its tough to come into that type of situation and show much... however 3rd string QB's in the league are basically last resorts, and after the time that he's had to show something... anything, I would rather see someone coming straight out of college with an inkling of potential in that spot. Comparing him with Kanell means nothing, DK is not an NFL calibre QB either. Have to disagree on this one.

me: gold is the plamaker for the defense. he would lead all our LB's as a INT man and as a sacker and has more speed than any other LB we have, he is most valuable on the field

you: IMO Wilson is critical on defense. His physical abilities (while far above average) are only about 50% of the decision making process on this one IMO. He's a solid MLB (not easy to find in this league) who has the smarts to run the defense on the field (very hard to find in this league). I would put him in the top 5 at the position in the league, a position that is as critical IMO as the QB is to the offense. If any player gets a ridiculous contract out of this offseason AW is the one I would want to see get it.
              ^ good post
              dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

^bad post

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                  Whether you intended to or not, you have and are making those implications. Just because its not a given Griffin would get 1300 yard, does not by any mean negate the fact that Portis is already one of the premiere backs in the league. 3000 plus yards and 5.0 ypc puts him company of hall of famers such as Brown, Simpson, and Sanders. If your saying that Griffin can come in gain 1300 yard and that Pierce could step in and the team not miss a beat that does imply that Wilson and Portis are easily replaced.
                  it doesnt matter what i am "implying" if i am right there in your face screaming at you that i dont mean it like that, why dont you take that and run with that? i am telling you directly that they wont be replaced easily, but you still only go by what i am "implying" which is indirect and wrong anyway.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Re: Difference between me and you

you: no they cant they are forever 1st year starters. the dont show instincts they dont get int's even though it was their first year they can never get any better than they are right now

you: no pryce has to play end cause he is best there, even though his career high sack season came at tackle though, but we should maybe draft a stellar DT even though that never happens or we should get another great DT in free agency giving ourselves more than 11 defensive lineman total even though we have enough money problems already.

you: portis should take all the money we have no matter who we lose cause he can carry us to the superbowl all by himself he is that good. his success as nothing to do with our offensive line portis is just the man.

you: jackson sucks we dont even have to see him play a full game to know that he isnt better than kanell who played in the majority of 4 full games.....even though he lost them all.

you: no wilson makes all the players we have play even harder cause they dont play their hardest to begin with until AFTER they see wilson make a play

do you kinda get the point? im not a bad guy my views are just different
                    Holy ****! I actually agree with everything you said, especially converting Pryce back to tackle so Berry and Hayward can play ends. We need to lock PORTIS up with a nice contract though, maybe not now but soon. Best post I've seen you make yet Lava.
                    Last edited by PLUMMERFAN16; 02-12-2004, 08:38 PM.

Comment

it doesnt matter what i am "implying" if i am right there in your face screaming at you that i dont mean it like that, why dont you take that and run with that? i am telling you directly that they wont be replaced easily, but you still only go by what i am "implying" which is indirect and wrong anyway.
                      If you don't mean it the way others are taking then be more careful. Explain yourself more fully. I have noticed that when you are caught in your own words you either say "I didn't mean it that way? or You are not listening to me?"
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                        If you don't mean it the way others are taking then be more careful. Explain yourself more fully. I have noticed that when you are caught in your own words you either say "I didn't mean it that way? or You are not listening to me?"
                        i do have to say that all the time, cause people like you twist my words and i have to go back and point out every sentence i said and explain what it means, then you say i am talking in circles, then i have to say where im going with teh discussion and how i am still saying the same things, then you get confused and call me a name(sad or pathetic or moron), then i retaliate, and then you say im calling you names cause i ran out of facts to present, then i get back to present more facts, then you say i talk in circles again, like a neverending pain in my ass you people are, you dont comprehend anything and think just cause you're older, you can talk down on anything you disagree with from me. age doesnt give you knowledge. you all need reading comprehension practice. another thing i notice is that in a discussion, it seems as if I am the ONLY one presenting any facts liek numbers and stuff, all you all do is say "well numbers arent everything" and continue with saying things like "might" and "could have" and "maybe" and other speculation stuff. most of the posters here are lower intelligence about football so i have to go extra slow when i talk to them so i dont lose them when i present my ideas then you team up and try to make ME the bad guy.

and yet, i keep coming out on top
                        Last edited by Return of Lava; 02-13-2004, 09:18 AM.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

most of the posters here are lower intelligence about football
                          Have you been taking lessons from bcollin?

No hard feelings cliff!!
                          Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by rascal
                            Have you been taking lessons from bcollin?

No hard feelings cliff!!
                            no, i learned that on my own, every time i have to make a long winded post to explain myself in detail about a previous post, and when you look at the post i am referring to, it makes perfect sense, but you all have so much pride and testosterone, you dont admit you was wrong about my posts.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

no, i learned that on my own, every time i have to make a long winded post to explain myself in detail about a previous post, and when you look at the post i am referring to, it makes perfect sense, but you all have so much pride and testosterone, you dont admit you was wrong about my posts.
                              Even a fool is right in his own eyes, but that does not change the fact that he is a fool.

Sometimes one can hang himself by his own words.
                              Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Even a fool is right in his own eyes, but that does not change the fact that he is a fool.

Sometimes one can hang himself by his own words.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Working...
                                X