Difference between me and you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Return of Lava
    no, i learned that on my own, every time i have to make a long winded post to explain myself in detail about a previous post, and when you look at the post i am referring to, it makes perfect sense, but you all have so much pride and testosterone, you dont admit you was wrong about my posts.
    Your hypocrisy is amazing. When I am wrong I admit it, but you don't. Try removing the plank from your own eye before removing the speck from mine. There is nothing for me to admit to, because you weren't right.
    Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by rascal
      Your hypocrisy is amazing. When I am wrong I admit it, but you don't. Try removing the plank from your own eye before removing the speck from mine. There is nothing for me to admit to, because you weren't right.
      hey rascal here is an idea, if you really feel like that, show me the series of post that you're talking about like i did with you, we might can get something solved that way.
      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

hey rascal here is an idea, if you really feel like that, show me the series of post that you're talking about like i did with you, we might can get something solved that way.
        This doesn't make any sense. Assuming that you mean referring to our conversations reguarding portis, wilson, secondary, and pryce it wouldn't do any good to refer to them. The reason is quite simple: we disagreed on those points as well. You view yourself as being correct whereas I view myself as being correct. Our opinions are both biased, as I have said numerous times now, and therefore it is almost impossible to prove the other one wrong. Which brings me the comment I made about you being a hypocrite. You view yourself in such high esteem that you can't possibly concieve that you would be wrong thus those who are argue with you are of lower intelligence. That is what makes you a hypocrite. I view myself as being correct in those situations but that doesn't mean that I am of higher intelligence then you or anyone else who disagrees with me. I may have said that you said some dumb things but I never said that I was of higher intelligence, which would be dumb and hypocritical.

You too Cutler.

Comment

This doesn't make any sense. Assuming that you mean referring to our conversations reguarding portis, wilson, secondary, and pryce it wouldn't do any good to refer to them. The reason is quite simple: we disagreed on those points as well. You view yourself as being correct whereas I view myself as being correct. Our opinions are both biased, as I have said numerous times now, and therefore it is almost impossible to prove the other one wrong. Which brings me the comment I made about you being a hypocrite. You view yourself in such high esteem that you can't possibly concieve that you would be wrong thus those who are argue with you are of lower intelligence. That is what makes you a hypocrite. I view myself as being correct in those situations but that doesn't mean that I am of higher intelligence then you or anyone else who disagrees with me. I may have said that you said some dumb things but I never said that I was of higher intelligence, which would be dumb and hypocritical.
          see rascal you dont even know what you're talking about. i am about to prove you wrong right now, and you probably still wont even admit you were wrong. let me give you an example:

look back to i think the page before this one. notice plastique makes a quote in the same fashion as my original. he disagrees with my assesment of jarious jackson and al wilson, which is fine with me. then he also gave me his reason and did it in an honorable fashion( no name calling). then also notice how i quoted him and said "good post" cause i respect his idea (although different than mine) of it and the way he presented it. so your statement saying "You view yourself in such high esteem that you can't possibly concieve that you would be wrong thus those who are argue with you are of lower intelligence. " sounds completely stupid. its not that i think i am right all the time, but if you think i am wrong about a subject you really should have FACTS to back you up on it, which you showed me none. also, you shouldnt resort to calling me a name just cause i argue with you on a subject, which you have done to me a couple times. THAT is what makes you lower intelligence, not just cause you disagree with me, but cause you really dont have anything to back yourself up and then call ME names like sad and pathetic cause i dont agree with YOU. who is the hypocrite out of us 2?
          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Actually yes I do know what I am talking about and here the facts in your own words: "most of the posters here are lower intelligence about football" That is what started this debate not a different one which you are confusing.

If you think everyone who disagrees with you, which is basically what you said in accordance to that statement, then you are the hypocrite. I said sad and pathetic about what you said whereas you insulted people's inteligence, if you can't see the hypocrisy in that then yes again that is sad and pathetic.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Actually yes I do know what I am talking about and here the facts in your own words: "most of the posters here are lower intelligence about football" That is what started this debate not a different one which you are confusing.

If you think everyone who disagrees with you, which is basically what you said in accordance to that statement, then you are the hypocrite. I said sad and pathetic about what you said whereas you insulted people's inteligence, if you can't see the hypocrisy in that then yes again that is sad and pathetic.
              again, here we go again, now i have to go back and explain that when i say "most posters are in lower intelligence on this board" you take it as me saying "if you dont agree with me, then you are in lower intelligence" which is a TOTALLY different statement than what i said. i have to go back and deny that now and it leaves me wondering how you even came up with that. i was saying this exact thing in another long winded post when i said "it doesnt matter what i am "implying" if i am right there in your face screaming at you that i dont mean it like that, why dont you take that and run with that? i am telling you directly what i mean, but you still only go by what i am "implying" which is indirect and wrong anyway." i just got done saying "its not that i think i am right all the time, but if you think i am wrong about a subject you really should have FACTS to back you up on it, which you showed me none." yet you still continue to say "If you think everyone who disagrees with you, which is basically what you said in accordance to that statement, then you are the hypocrite." i dont know what to tell you, you just dont get it. here i am saying all i want is a factual conversation, and those who cant do that are the ones that have a problem with me. Let me tell you again, its not that i think i am right all the time and everybody else is wrong, but i feel that if somebody thinks i am wrong about something, please back yourself up with facts and undeniable proof, otherwise, why should i change my mind? thats the part you had a problem with in the other discussion, i dont see why you cant see that in your posts. It is UNDENIABLE PROOF that Ian Gold is faster than al wilson, gets more sacks than al wilson, and gets more iNT's than al wilson. I dont see how anybody can disagree with that cause its in the freakin numbers. while wilson is still a great MLB no doubt, gold is the best playmaker on D. You then said wilson inspires players to play harder, which is questionable cause THAT would mean the players arent already playing their hardest. Look, this is as plain as i can talk, so if you still dont get it, i am not gonna even try no more.
              Last edited by Return of Lava; 02-13-2004, 04:17 PM.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

arbitrary writer

While there was at least one report that there was an impasse in negotiations to re-sign linebacker Al Wilson, look for a deal to be done eventually.
                Two years ago, the Broncos failed to finalize a deal with linebacker John Mobley before he went on the open market. But Mobley eventually re-signed. It helped that he was Mike Shanahan's first-ever draft pick as head coach of the Broncos.

Wilson may be even more valuable. He is the heart and soul of the Broncos defense and a fan favorite.

sportxchange

this is what one writer wrote about al wilson on cbs sportsline denver site. seems to think highly of al then ian. whose is going to cost more to keep? if gold was healthy would he cost more to keep than al wilson? teams would give al wilson more money tha ian gold cause he though of as a much better player and brings more to the table. just the thought that we might not be able to keep him cause another team will pay a lot more for him just might tell you how valuable he is to the broncos.
                Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

You act like i am making ian gold's numbers up. I dont need a writer's opinion to figure out that gold had MORE Int's and MORE sacks than al wilson. Gold has MORE speed than al wilson also. I am not trying to bring al wilson down, but i am trying to raise gold up to where he should be. Wilson is the heart and soul no doubt, but gold is still outplaying him though no doubt. I'm not making this up its in the stats. I think they really need each other to succedd to their full capabilities. Al wilson really helps out gold cause wilson is a great run stopper, so ian gold doesnt HAVE to do as much in the run game. gold helps out wilson in the pass game by making plays and making wilson's job easier so he doesnt HAVE to get int's and sacks because gold does that for them.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

most of the posters here are lower intelligence about football so i have to go extra slow when i talk to them so i dont lose them when i present my ideas then you team up and try to make ME the bad guy.
                    No offense, Lava, but that's a pretty narcissistic view of the world.
                    Last edited by Jared; 02-18-2004, 12:53 PM.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                    You should check these guys out

Comment

i dont know what narcissistic means, so does that make me less narsissistic?

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

i dont know what narcissistic means, so does that make me less narsissistic?
                        LOL. No, but at least you admit you don't know everything.

look it up....

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                          LOL. No, but at least you admit you don't know everything.

look it up....
                          Jared,

I know your discussion was with LAVA, but I also did not know what narcissistic view was. So I looked it up. This is one article I found, that was very interesting.

This is a compilation of observations I've made from various people I've known well for many years. Most of these traits apply to all of the narcissists I've known, but that doesn't mean that they'll all apply to the narcissists you know. My narcissists are all high-functioning -- that is, they've maintained gainful employment, marriages and family life -- and there may certainly be narcissistic traits that I haven't observed among the narcissists I've known. You can go directly to my full commentary on narcissists' traits or you can select what you're most interested in from the pink box below. Narcissicism is a personality disorder and that means that narcissists' personalities aren't organized in a way that makes sense to most people, so the notes below do not necessarily go in the order I've listed them or in any order at all. Interaction with narcissists is confusing, even bewildering -- their reasons for what they do are not the same as normal reasons. In fact, treating them like normal people (e.g., appealing to their better nature, as in "Please have a heart," or giving them the chance to apologize and make amends) will make matters worse with a narcissist.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          amoral/conscienceless
                          authoritarian
                          care only about appearances
                          contemptuous
                          critical of others
                          cruel
                          disappointing gift-givers
                          don't recognize own feelings
                          envious and competitive
                          feel entitled
                          flirtatious or seductive
                          grandiose
                          hard to have a good time with
                          hate to live alone
                          hyper-sensitive to criticism
                          impulsive
                          lack sense of humor
                          naive
                          passive
                          pessimistic
                          religious
                          secretive
                          self-contradictory
                          stingy
                          strange work habits
                          unusual eating habits
                          weird sense of time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          The most telling thing that narcissists do is contradict themselves. They will do this virtually in the same sentence, without even stopping to take a breath. It can be trivial (e.g., about what they want for lunch) or it can be serious (e.g., about whether or not they love you). When you ask them which one they mean, they'll deny ever saying the first one, though it may literally have been only seconds since they said it -- really, how could you think they'd ever have said that? You need to have your head examined! They will contradict FACTS. They will lie to you about things that you did together. They will misquote you to yourself. If you disagree with them, they'll say you're lying, making stuff up, or are crazy. [At this point, if you're like me, you sort of panic and want to talk to anyone who will listen about what is going on: this is a healthy reaction; it's a reality check ("who's the crazy one here?"); that you're confused by the narcissist's contrariness, that you turn to another person to help you keep your bearings, that you know something is seriously wrong and worry that it might be you are all signs that you are not a narcissist]. NOTE: Normal people can behave irrationally under emotional stress -- be confused, deny things they know, get sort of paranoid, want to be babied when they're in pain. But normal people recover pretty much within an hour or two or a day or two, and, with normal people, your expressions of love and concern for their welfare will be taken to heart. They will be stabilized by your emotional and moral support. Not so with narcissists -- the surest way I know of to get a crushing blow to your heart is to tell a narcissist you love her or him. They will respond with a nasty power move, such as telling you to do things entirely their way or else be banished from them for ever. ^

The interesting thing is all of us have one or more of these personality traits.

What makes a person narcissistic, is it being over-board with these traits?

Anyway it was an interesting study on my "break". (That was for Aardwolf, if he was wondering if I was on work-time.)
                          Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

You act like i am making ian gold's numbers up. I dont need a writer's opinion to figure out that gold had MORE Int's and MORE sacks than al wilson. Gold has MORE speed than al wilson also. I am not trying to bring al wilson down, but i am trying to raise gold up to where he should be. Wilson is the heart and soul no doubt, but gold is still outplaying him though no doubt. I'm not making this up its in the stats. I think they really need each other to succedd to their full capabilities. Al wilson really helps out gold cause wilson is a great run stopper, so ian gold doesnt HAVE to do as much in the run game. gold helps out wilson in the pass game by making plays and making wilson's job easier so he doesnt HAVE to get int's and sacks because gold does that for them.
                            Lava, I'm over here trying to forget that you hate the Broncos' A-team. Numbers means squat to me....all that matters to me after Sunday (or Monday) is a W....that's it. I don't sit there and go "Dang, that was a good game, we got handed our butts but at least Ian Gold got an interceptions."

Man..and I thought I was a stats freak =)
                            Last edited by AsianOrange; 02-18-2004, 01:56 PM.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                            2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
                              Jared,

I know your discussion was with LAVA, but I also did not know what narcissistic view was. So I looked it up. This is one article I found, that was very interesting.

This is a compilation of observations I've made from various people I've known well for many years. Most of these traits apply to all of the narcissists I've known, but that doesn't mean that they'll all apply to the narcissists you know. My narcissists are all high-functioning -- that is, they've maintained gainful employment, marriages and family life -- and there may certainly be narcissistic traits that I haven't observed among the narcissists I've known. You can go directly to my full commentary on narcissists' traits or you can select what you're most interested in from the pink box below. Narcissicism is a personality disorder and that means that narcissists' personalities aren't organized in a way that makes sense to most people, so the notes below do not necessarily go in the order I've listed them or in any order at all. Interaction with narcissists is confusing, even bewildering -- their reasons for what they do are not the same as normal reasons. In fact, treating them like normal people (e.g., appealing to their better nature, as in "Please have a heart," or giving them the chance to apologize and make amends) will make matters worse with a narcissist.

amoral/conscienceless
                              authoritarian
                              care only about appearances
                              contemptuous
                              critical of others
                              cruel
                              disappointing gift-givers
                              don't recognize own feelings
                              envious and competitive
                              feel entitled
                              flirtatious or seductive
                              grandiose
                              hard to have a good time with
                              hate to live alone
                              hyper-sensitive to criticism
                              impulsive
                              lack sense of humor
                              naive
                              passive
                              pessimistic
                              religious
                              secretive
                              self-contradictory
                              stingy
                              strange work habits
                              unusual eating habits
                              weird sense of time

The most telling thing that narcissists do is contradict themselves. They will do this virtually in the same sentence, without even stopping to take a breath. It can be trivial (e.g., about what they want for lunch) or it can be serious (e.g., about whether or not they love you). When you ask them which one they mean, they'll deny ever saying the first one, though it may literally have been only seconds since they said it -- really, how could you think they'd ever have said that? You need to have your head examined! They will contradict FACTS. They will lie to you about things that you did together. They will misquote you to yourself. If you disagree with them, they'll say you're lying, making stuff up, or are crazy. [At this point, if you're like me, you sort of panic and want to talk to anyone who will listen about what is going on: this is a healthy reaction; it's a reality check ("who's the crazy one here?"); that you're confused by the narcissist's contrariness, that you turn to another person to help you keep your bearings, that you know something is seriously wrong and worry that it might be you are all signs that you are not a narcissist]. NOTE: Normal people can behave irrationally under emotional stress -- be confused, deny things they know, get sort of paranoid, want to be babied when they're in pain. But normal people recover pretty much within an hour or two or a day or two, and, with normal people, your expressions of love and concern for their welfare will be taken to heart. They will be stabilized by your emotional and moral support. Not so with narcissists -- the surest way I know of to get a crushing blow to your heart is to tell a narcissist you love her or him. They will respond with a nasty power move, such as telling you to do things entirely their way or else be banished from them for ever. ^

The interesting thing is all of us have one or more of these personality traits.

What makes a person narcissistic, is it being over-board with these traits?

Anyway it was an interesting study on my "break". (That was for Aardwolf, if he was wondering if I was on work-time.)

On second thought, maybe I don't mean an exact definiton. I think a lot of people exhibit alot of those traits at times.

perhaps a better term would be "given to hyperbole"?

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                                Lava, I'm over here trying to forget that you hate the Broncos' A-team. Numbers means squat to me....all that matters to me after Sunday (or Monday) is a W....that's it. I don't sit there and go "Dang, that was a good game, we got handed our butts but at least Ian Gold got an interceptions."

Man..and I thought I was a stats freak =)
                                everything i said was undeniable wasnt it? so what's the problem? why dont you believe it?

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Working...
                                X