Difference between me and you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jared
    On second thought, maybe I don't mean an exact definiton. I think a lot of people exhibit alot of those traits at times.

perhaps a better term would be "given to hyperbole"?
    Given to exaggeration... No I think the first term was more correct.

The most telling thing that narcissists do is contradict themselves. They will do this virtually in the same sentence, without even stopping to take a breath. It can be trivial (e.g., about what they want for lunch) or it can be serious (e.g., about whether or not they love you). When you ask them which one they mean, they'll deny ever saying the first one, though it may literally have been only seconds since they said it -- really, how could you think they'd ever have said that? You need to have your head examined! They will contradict FACTS. They will lie to you about things that you did together. They will misquote you to yourself. If you disagree with them, they'll say you're lying, making stuff up, or are crazy. [At this point, if you're like me, you sort of panic and want to talk to anyone who will listen about what is going on: this is a healthy reaction; it's a reality check ("who's the crazy one here?"); that you're confused by the narcissist's contrariness, that you turn to another person to help you keep your bearings, that you know something is seriously wrong and worry that it might be you are all signs that you are not a narcissist]. NOTE: Normal people can behave irrationally under emotional stress -- be confused, deny things they know, get sort of paranoid, want to be babied when they're in pain. But normal people recover pretty much within an hour or two or a day or two, and, with normal people, your expressions of love and concern for their welfare will be taken to heart. They will be stabilized by your emotional and moral support. Not so with narcissists -- the surest way I know of to get a crushing blow to your heart is to tell a narcissist you love her or him. They will respond with a nasty power move, such as telling you to do things entirely their way or else be banished from them for ever.
    Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

are we still talking about me?
      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
        everything i said was undeniable wasnt it? so what's the problem? why dont you believe it?
        I don't think so.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
          I don't think so.
          like i said, if you wanna disagree, please back it up with more than "i don't think so" otherwise you just make no sense. tell me which was not a fact in my statement, casue i believe they are all facts.
          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

like i said, if you wanna disagree, please back it up with more than "i don't think so" otherwise you just make no sense. tell me which was not a fact in my statement, casue i believe they are all facts.
            It's not a fact that Gold would have more sacks than Wilson, fact is in Coyer's system the linebackers don't blitz much. Fact is under Denver's former defensive coordinator who did have the linebackers blitz quite often, they ended ended within one sack of each other. Since you have already said you believe that what you are saying is fact you wont listen anything else. Now that I have made my statement I plan on leaving it at that if you respond that's your choice.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
              It's not a fact that Gold would have more sacks than Wilson, fact is in Coyer's system the linebackers don't blitz much. Fact is under Denver's former defensive coordinator who did have the linebackers blitz quite often, they ended ended within one sack of each other. Since you have already said you believe that what you are saying is fact you wont listen anything else. Now that I have made my statement I plan on leaving it at that if you respond that's your choice.
              maybe you didnt notice, but spragan blitzed a lot in the season. you will see next year how many more sacks gold gets than wilson. you act like i am so hard-headed cause i said that what i say is a fact so nobody can change my mind, well what did you just do? you post a post then say you wwont respond no more, what kind of junk is that? at least i am willing to defend my statement while you say "i will just leave it at that"

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Middle Linebackers aren't sackers, they are read and react players. They read defenses and make plays. You wanna telling sign, look at the number of tackles Wilson in the same number of games that Gold had. It's because Wilson is there that Gold can go after the quarterback. You seem to forget that when your the star you get blocked a lot more, and those extra blockers free up someone else. Look Gold is good, maybe great in a few years, but he's not Al Wilson.

Comment

Originally posted by O&B_Forever
                  Middle Linebackers aren't sackers, they are read and react players. They read defenses and make plays. You wanna telling sign, look at the number of tackles Wilson in the same number of games that Gold had. It's because Wilson is there that Gold can go after the quarterback. You seem to forget that when your the star you get blocked a lot more, and those extra blockers free up someone else. Look Gold is good, maybe great in a few years, but he's not Al Wilson.
                  We've been trying to say that for a while now, but Lava won't admit it.
                  Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Re: Difference between me and you

me: herdon and walls can improve next year. they showed nice ability to stick with WR's

you: no they cant they are forever 1st year starters. the dont show instincts they dont get int's even though it was their first year they can never get any better than they are right now

me: Pryce should move back to tackle so berry and hayward can start outside. they combined for 20 sacks last year they deserve to be starters

you: no pryce has to play end cause he is best there, even though his career high sack season came at tackle though, but we should maybe draft a stellar DT even though that never happens or we should get another great DT in free agency giving ourselves more than 11 defensive lineman total even though we have enough money problems already.

me: if portis tries to keep us from signing a couple free agents that we need for our superbowl run, screw him

you: portis should take all the money we have no matter who we lose cause he can carry us to the superbowl all by himself he is that good. his success as nothing to do with our offensive line portis is just the man.

me: jackson hasnt even played a full game so how do we even know what he can DO in a full game. he has better tools hands down than kanell cause he is like griese

you: jackson sucks we dont even have to see him play a full game to know that he isnt better than kanell who played in the majority of 4 full games.....even though he lost them all.

me: gold is the plamaker for the defense. he would lead all our LB's as a INT man and as a sacker and has more speed than any other LB we have, he is most valuable on the field

you: no wilson makes all the players we have play even harder cause they dont play their hardest to begin with until AFTER they see wilson make a play

do you kinda get the point? im not a bad guy my views are just different

I only have to comment on the portis thing and yea u guys really should give him the money he deserves cause if you screw him. Then you can screw your franchise cause the rest of broncos players suck or are average except Portis,Gold, and Wilson. Well at least i know of I'm not a broncos fan so i don't really care to much about the roster.
                    CUTBACK!!!

Comment

Originally posted by O&B_Forever
                      Look dude, i am challenging you to do this ok, all of you. Look at any tape of any game, you will not see al wilson getting treated any different than the other linebackers(maybe this year they did cause mobley and gold were out, but you also saw his production drop to 124 tackles or so from 199 they year before). when you are the star, you are the star, al wilson is a star, but teams dont shift their blockers all to the star cause ANY other player will make the play. It is ridiculous to say teams give all their attention to al wilson, yet he still gets 199 or so tackles? c'mon now. It is unfair for you guys to say that guys like ian gold or bert berry are only being productive cause of other stars alongside them, and that all the attention is given to the stars so they are free and can just walk in for the sack. just look at the tapes ok, dont listen to me. look at the tapes and see for yourself. OK, we will say MLB's dont get sacks, do they not get INT's too? we are talking about the pass game right? What's your excuse for gold getting more iNt's than wilson? dont call me bull headed, just answer my question. is it cause wilson is such a blanket coverer that QB's NEVER would think about throwing his way? You guys are reaching with this al wilson thing.
                      Last edited by Return of Lava; 02-19-2004, 08:41 AM.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Lava, don't get all boot-hurt here....

we just think you're OVER ANALYZING.

We love you and we think you need to seek help.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                        2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                          Lava, don't get all boot-hurt here....

we just think you're OVER ANALYZING.

We love you and we think you need to seek help.
                          I know two very good psychiatrists that could help him. Let's start "Save Lava from himself fund." Maybe Jerry Lewis could hold a telethon for him as well. lol

Thanks Snk16

Comment

LOL, i just said gold is more productive, cause he is. whats wrong with that? its the truth, he is just more productive than wilson.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

yeah but

You act like i am making ian gold's numbers up. I dont need a writer's opinion to figure out that gold had MORE Int's and MORE sacks than al wilson. Gold has MORE speed than al wilson also. I am not trying to bring al wilson down, but i am trying to raise gold up to where he should be. Wilson is the heart and soul no doubt, but gold is still outplaying him though no doubt. I'm not making this up its in the stats. I think they really need each other to succedd to their full capabilities. Al wilson really helps out gold cause wilson is a great run stopper, so ian gold doesnt HAVE to do as much in the run game. gold helps out wilson in the pass game by making plays and making wilson's job easier so he doesnt HAVE to get int's and sacks because gold does that for them.
                              but you are putting al down by saying that since ian gold is better athleticaly that he should be a higher priority to keep than al wilson. the quote with the reporter from cbssportline is from an opinion of somebody who is not affliated with the broncos and doesn't show favoritism to one party or the other and his opinion is that al should be at denver's focal of resigning because of the stuff he does that are not stastically measured. he has presence about him lava that gold doesn't. you say you like al but you keep referring to him as expendable and ian is not. if your not dissing al what are you doing? your definitely not losing any sleep over al wilson leaving.
                              Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

al numbers aint shabby either

Al Wilson has not only developed into one of the best linebackers in the NFL, but has firmly established himself as one of the leaders on the Broncos' defensive unit over his first four seasons in Denver. The group's emotional leader, he is known for his hard-hitting style and relentless pursuit of ball-carriers. Wilson's hard work has paid off in 2002, as he earned his second straight Pro Bowl nod. Last season, Wilson led the team in tackles with 199 (158 solo) and added five sacks for -35 yards. He helped guide the defense to an overall ranking of sixth in the NFL, including fourth against the rush. Denver's defense held it's opponents to just 93.1 yards rushing per game, and 3.9 yards a carry. Wilson, in four years, has displayed the exceptional talent and bone-crushing hitting ability that made him the club's first-round draft choice (31st overall) in 1999. In 63 career games (57 starts) Wilson has posted 519 tackles (399 solo), including 14 sacks (-92), as well as three interceptions (21 ret. yds.), 23 passes defensed, four forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries. He has also started one postseason game and posted six tackles (4 solo). He was selected by the Broncos in the first round (31st overall) of the 1999 NFL Draft.

on this web site this is what the broncos write for his bio and I don't think it's too shabby
                                Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Working...
                                X