• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of Lava
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: yeah but

Originally posted by bklynbronco
    he better get all those stats cause he's the weak side LB, lava. what the difference between a weak side LB and a strong side LB? he's talented don't get me wrong but there is a reason why he's the weak side LB he doesn't take the brunt of the play especially on rushing downs. mobley on the strong side LB has to take the brunt of the running game. second, can ian play middle LB? can he direct the defense? he's the one that notices if it's pass or run and changes the play. he's the QB on defense. are you saying anybody can take his spot? your hatin on him cause he wants more money that's all. remember your the one who started this whole mess that if al goes it's not a big deal. nobody here ever started a thread saying don't sign ian gold so we are not hatin on ian but there is so much disloyalty with you and any denver player that request more money that you hate on them to the point of ignoring that many a team would benefit if al joined thier team and we would be at a disadvantage if he leaves the broncos.
    so you are saying I am the one that is hatin on wilson, when you have said 1st that gold is so productive only cause wilson gets all the attention, now you say that cause gold is a weakside LB he gets better numbers. LOL, you can downplay his numbers all you want, but they are still there. You are right, there is no talk about gold, he is not demanding a big contract. i like wilson, but i will say it again, if you really want to put a superbowl caliber team together, you have to get players for your TEAM. I just dont believe in single players and big contracts, cause they CANNOT bring a championship by themselves. Mcnabb makes how much in a couple years? $100 million? How are they gonna have moeny for other players? If you watched the NFC champ game, you know mcnabb cant do it all himself why give him all the money? The problem with you all is, you say "we would not be as good if wilson left" or " i would rather have wilson than not have him" you guys just dont see that i am talking about so much more than just having him or not having him, i am talking about money also, which is a BIG factor. I would rather have a team full of solid players than a team full of stars and scrubs. Maybe you all just cant think that deep. I dont see how you dont understand the amount of money we LOSE whenever we give up these big contracts. Make the connection, how many of you complain about such limited cap room? How many of you say Wilson should get whatever he wants? See the irony?

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Surguries, rehab and the unknown tend to do that to a mere mortal. I for one wouldn't hold it against the man.....paralysis would suck even if he was rich. IMHO

Leave a comment:

• broncos4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos4ever
    Sykes had a neck injury and he came back. It is all about the will of the player sometimes and how much he loves the game.

Mobley at the end of the season said he was coming back, so he wants to come back. Has anyone heard differently?
    O.K. I just read the article that was posted...

On the status of John Mobley: "It's my understanding in talking with his agent, Brian Mackler, that things are going along well. There's still some question in John's mind whether or not he can return and even play football. The doctors are saying that everything's healing fine, but I think there's that mental side of going back out there and banging heads again -- so to speak -- and really testing it out and seeing, 'Is this what I want to do?' or 'I've had a great run here with the Broncos -- two Super Bowl championships and I actually knocked down the pass to win the first one. I've got a family to think of, and football's been great to me.'

"So John's kind of at a crossroads that he's thinking it out, but similar to Shannon, we're on John's timetable. We're going to let things go as they go for John and not rush him and not force him into a decision that he doesn't want to make."

Looks like John is retreating from what he said at the end of the season.

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Read the article from Sundquist. He states that John doesn't know whether he will try it or not.

Leave a comment:

• broncos4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by rcsodak
    I see Mobley NOT coming back. Neck injuries never go away (I know from experience). If he's smart, he'll walk away and become a coach. Then denver will save some money, which can be spread around to the fa's. Then we'll see just how good Pierce is, and hopefully the d won't skip a beat.
    Sykes had a neck injury and he came back. It is all about the will of the player sometimes and how much he loves the game.

Mobley at the end of the season said he was coming back, so he wants to come back. Has anyone heard differently?

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    I see Mobley NOT coming back. Neck injuries never go away (I know from experience). If he's smart, he'll walk away and become a coach. Then denver will save some money, which can be spread around to the fa's. Then we'll see just how good Pierce is, and hopefully the d won't skip a beat.

Leave a comment:

• AsianOrange
    replied
    way to go Brook!

I think ian Gold will be a player to look at. Heck, we don't even know what John Mobley has in store for us.

It's a wait and see approach. Al Wilson was our number 1 draft pick years ago and I think he has proven he is a play-makin machine. Name me 10 MLBs better than Al and see what you got? Is Al replaceable?

Leave a comment:

• bklynbronco
    replied
    Re: Re: yeah but

Originally posted by Return of Lava
    How am i putting al wilson down? i am not putting him down anymore than you are putting ian gold down. I am just stating FACTS i told you that ian gold was faster, HE IS! Its not a putdown yto al wilson its just the fact. I am not favored one way or the other either cause they BOTH play for the broncos. I have a nuetral view and i am just saying that ian gold is faster than al wilson anybody watching can see that, why cant you guys? Money plays a big role in a team's success, so yes i feel that since ian gold and al wilson bascically need each other to thrive, an dthe fatc that al wilson costs TWICE as much as ian gold, yes i say ian gold is more important cause he saves us money for OTHER players we need to succeed. I would take ian gold PLUS the money we save over al wilson with NO extra money. Of course i hope we get both, but i lean towards ian gold cause for one, HE PRODUCES MORE SACKS AND INT'S AND HAS MORE SPEED and two he costs TWO TIME LESS than al wilson. I think that is a great deal. If gold asked for as much as Wilson is asking for, i wouldnt be saying this and i want you to understand that its about the money and how you manage it. As far as skill, i would say they are even. gold is fast and makes plays while wilson is very strong and very smart, however when it comes to the money, wilson just wants to much IMO. He may be worth it, but where would that leave the TEAM? I 'll tell you where, we would have a great MLB with no money for retaining the other positions we need. Since one player CANNOT do take us all the way, i feel we should not bend over backwards to pay wilson anything he wants. Not many people think about that kind of stuff.

he better get all those stats cause he's the weak side LB, lava. what the difference between a weak side LB and a strong side LB? he's talented don't get me wrong but there is a reason why he's the weak side LB he doesn't take the brunt of the play especially on rushing downs. mobley on the strong side LB has to take the brunt of the running game. second, can ian play middle LB? can he direct the defense? he's the one that notices if it's pass or run and changes the play. he's the QB on defense. are you saying anybody can take his spot? your hatin on him cause he wants more money that's all. remember your the one who started this whole mess that if al goes it's not a big deal. nobody here ever started a thread saying don't sign ian gold so we are not hatin on ian but there is so much disloyalty with you and any denver player that request more money that you hate on them to the point of ignoring that many a team would benefit if al joined thier team and we would be at a disadvantage if he leaves the broncos.

Leave a comment:

• broncos4ever
    replied

Originally posted by TXBRONC
    It seems that Lava is the only one on this board who does not understand if push comes to shove its Wilson who will get the franchise tag and not Gold.

I have heard many times in the past two months about franchising Wilson, I have not heard one peep about Gold.

I think Gold is a good player, but I know the rest of the league at this time is not beating down his door as they would Al Wilson. So the rest of league does not hold as high of opinion it looks like either.

Shanahan though said on his last coaches show, he was going to keep both of them and no doubt he will.

Leave a comment:

• bklynbronco
    replied

Originally posted by TXBRONC
    It seems that Lava is the only one on this board who does not understand if push comes to shove its Wilson who will get the franchise tag and not Gold.
    very, very true TX

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Re: yeah but

but you are putting al down by saying that since ian gold is better athleticaly that he should be a higher priority to keep than al wilson. the quote with the reporter from cbssportline is from an opinion of somebody who is not affliated with the broncos and doesn't show favoritism to one party or the other and his opinion is that al should be at denver's focal of resigning because of the stuff he does that are not stastically measured. he has presence about him lava that gold doesn't. you say you like al but you keep referring to him as expendable and ian is not. if your not dissing al what are you doing? your definitely not losing any sleep over al wilson leaving.

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    Re: yeah but

but you are putting al down by saying that since ian gold is better athleticaly that he should be a higher priority to keep than al wilson. the quote with the reporter from cbssportline is from an opinion of somebody who is not affliated with the broncos and doesn't show favoritism to one party or the other and his opinion is that al should be at denver's focal of resigning because of the stuff he does that are not stastically measured. he has presence about him lava that gold doesn't. you say you like al but you keep referring to him as expendable and ian is not. if your not dissing al what are you doing? your definitely not losing any sleep over al wilson leaving.
    How am i putting al wilson down? i am not putting him down anymore than you are putting ian gold down. I am just stating FACTS i told you that ian gold was faster, HE IS! Its not a putdown yto al wilson its just the fact. I am not favored one way or the other either cause they BOTH play for the broncos. I have a nuetral view and i am just saying that ian gold is faster than al wilson anybody watching can see that, why cant you guys? Money plays a big role in a team's success, so yes i feel that since ian gold and al wilson bascically need each other to thrive, an dthe fatc that al wilson costs TWICE as much as ian gold, yes i say ian gold is more important cause he saves us money for OTHER players we need to succeed. I would take ian gold PLUS the money we save over al wilson with NO extra money. Of course i hope we get both, but i lean towards ian gold cause for one, HE PRODUCES MORE SACKS AND INT'S AND HAS MORE SPEED and two he costs TWO TIME LESS than al wilson. I think that is a great deal. If gold asked for as much as Wilson is asking for, i wouldnt be saying this and i want you to understand that its about the money and how you manage it. As far as skill, i would say they are even. gold is fast and makes plays while wilson is very strong and very smart, however when it comes to the money, wilson just wants to much IMO. He may be worth it, but where would that leave the TEAM? I 'll tell you where, we would have a great MLB with no money for retaining the other positions we need. Since one player CANNOT do take us all the way, i feel we should not bend over backwards to pay wilson anything he wants. Not many people think about that kind of stuff.

Leave a comment:

• bklynbronco
    replied
    al numbers aint shabby either

Al Wilson has not only developed into one of the best linebackers in the NFL, but has firmly established himself as one of the leaders on the Broncos' defensive unit over his first four seasons in Denver. The group's emotional leader, he is known for his hard-hitting style and relentless pursuit of ball-carriers. Wilson's hard work has paid off in 2002, as he earned his second straight Pro Bowl nod. Last season, Wilson led the team in tackles with 199 (158 solo) and added five sacks for -35 yards. He helped guide the defense to an overall ranking of sixth in the NFL, including fourth against the rush. Denver's defense held it's opponents to just 93.1 yards rushing per game, and 3.9 yards a carry. Wilson, in four years, has displayed the exceptional talent and bone-crushing hitting ability that made him the club's first-round draft choice (31st overall) in 1999. In 63 career games (57 starts) Wilson has posted 519 tackles (399 solo), including 14 sacks (-92), as well as three interceptions (21 ret. yds.), 23 passes defensed, four forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries. He has also started one postseason game and posted six tackles (4 solo). He was selected by the Broncos in the first round (31st overall) of the 1999 NFL Draft.

on this web site this is what the broncos write for his bio and I don't think it's too shabby

Leave a comment:

• bklynbronco
    replied
    yeah but

Originally posted by Return of Lava
    You act like i am making ian gold's numbers up. I dont need a writer's opinion to figure out that gold had MORE Int's and MORE sacks than al wilson. Gold has MORE speed than al wilson also. I am not trying to bring al wilson down, but i am trying to raise gold up to where he should be. Wilson is the heart and soul no doubt, but gold is still outplaying him though no doubt. I'm not making this up its in the stats. I think they really need each other to succedd to their full capabilities. Al wilson really helps out gold cause wilson is a great run stopper, so ian gold doesnt HAVE to do as much in the run game. gold helps out wilson in the pass game by making plays and making wilson's job easier so he doesnt HAVE to get int's and sacks because gold does that for them.

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    LOL, i just said gold is more productive, cause he is. whats wrong with that? its the truth, he is just more productive than wilson.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X