hello to all my new bronco friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello to all my new bronco friends

I just would like to take this time to extend a quick hello and tell you all I am very excited to be a part of this site. Being in the military for 20 years I never could follow my Broncos 100%, but if you would give me the oppurtunity to give and recieve information I think this will be very fun.

So this brings me to my first order, who belives Steve Atwater was the greatest defensive man Denver has ever had?
    "We bust back faster then whistles, from Bronco raider officials" e.W.t.

hello!!!!! before my time i'm afraid (bronco fan of 3 years). what area do you think the broncos need to improve on???

Comment

Well in my opinion really the DB's and if we can get a high powered WR (T.O.) I know we probably wont get him cause our money situation but it's worth the word. Walls is tall but thats about it I think he would be a great backup or even a nickel back but we do need to improve on pass coverage. Not that we were that bad but if we want to go all the way. I also heard we lost Gibbs. Thats a shame. What do you think.

Comment

yeah we lost gibbs to atlanta. we won't get TO because of the cap situation and i think we need to re-sign wilson, gold, berry and re-structure portis's contract. then with the money left get a proven CB in free agency (maybe champ bailey). i would like to see us draft a WR with our 1st pick because of rod and ed's age. some ppl think we need a safety but i like kennedy and have been really impressed with nick ferguson last season.

Comment

Re: hello to all my new bronco friends

Originally posted by riddler
          So this brings me to my first order, who belives Steve Atwater was the greatest defensive man Denver has ever had?
          Well, being he was (is) my favorite player, my biased opinion says yes. Just don't overlook the fact that although Steve's athleticism guaranteed he'd be one of the greats anyway, he also had Dennis Smith teaching him the position. I'm not sure how far back you go with the Broncos, but Smith may have been the best safety I've ever seen. Could you imagine college WR's having to catch passes against USC with Ronnie Lott, Joey Browner, and Dennis Smith staring at you? I'd fake a pulled hammie that week if I was them.

Comment

I just would like to take this time to extend a quick hello and tell you all I am very excited to be a part of this site. Being in the military for 20 years I never could follow my Broncos 100%, but if you would give me the oppurtunity to give and recieve information I think this will be very fun.

He's right there with dennis smith DS 49 but atwater was certainly the hardest hitting player we ever had maybe the hardest in the league, these days we have konnoy who is somewhat close to atwater's hitting, i like him alot
            sigpic

Comment

Don't forget Gradishar, TJ, Mecklenburg, and Alzado. I can't say for sure but that is a top list.
              Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

riddler

Welcome!!!! there are only two you have to remember
                1 hate the raiders , thier fans & al davis
                2 hate the chiefs & thier fans
                It is my honor to serve him

Comment

Yeah, I agree that Atwater was the best we've ever had.

After we sign OUR players, I think we need to address DB also.
                  Then another reciever and a better back up QB.

Comment

Yes I am bias as well when it comes to Steve Atwater, but I can also remember number 20 Louis Wright. Wouldnt it be nice to have all the names we all mentioned at the same time, whew. I was also partial to Rulon and even Greg Kragen he sure played with great tanasity. I tell you what one guy you could X off my list is Tony Little it's just to bad for Floyd they shared the last name.

Comment

I have to cast a vote for Romanowski. His intensity brought the whole d team up a notch!

Comment

welcome aboard felow military member. air force here. keep the post coming. as for best defensive player i have a atwater jersey but my favorite was dennis smith No49.
                        Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

The Riddler heh? I bet you're

"the Joker's" twin!
                          [QUOTE]
                          If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Well, I'll have to agree with the Atwater situation. That guy was king. Romanowski was also intense. With both of them combined on that Defense, it's no wonder we went back to back. Course they had Wilson and Pryce and Elway, Davis, McCaffrey, etc. Need I continue? Hehehehe.

Atwater was highly entertaining to watch play.
                            sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

I think Randy Gradishar was the best defensive player in team history. The man was incredible and it's a crime that he's not in the HoF.
                              "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

Comment

Working...
                              X