Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've realized over the past few weeks...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I've realized over the past few weeks...

    That Tatum isn't our franchise back, he's not even a feature back. Look at our past RBs, Olandis Gary, Terrell Davis, Mike Anderson, Reuben Droughns, and even Clinton to a certain extent, they were all known as power backs... Well, Tatum doesn't have that power and thrust in him, he's the quick, explosive back. Sure, it's fun to watch him, but it's not fun to know that he's not the future.

    I want to know who the future back is on this team, if there is one to this point. Tatum isn't a Denver type RB, he's a homerun hitter, what we need is a power back that has enough strength to pull a few guys and get 3 or 4 extra yards.

    If you take out Tatum's big runs, he would end up with like a 3.3 yard average (Just estimating, didn't research it), and once Mike the Marine retires or leaves, he's going to be the guy that carries the ball 30-35 times a game? I don't think so.

    I mean, I like Tatum, but I don't see him going anywhere far in this Denver backfield. Maybe we should try and look for a RB that would work in this system? I don't know, it's just a random thought, and I don't like what the future is looking like for this Denver running game.

    The line is getting old, the system is slowly changing, we can't just throw anyone in there anymore and have them have success. Maybe we should start looking for the FRANCHISE RB of the Denver Broncos this offseason.
    sigpic

  • #2
    Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    That Tatum isn't our franchise back, he's not even a feature back. Look at our past RBs, Olandis Gary, Terrell Davis, Mike Anderson, Reuben Droughns, and even Clinton to a certain extent, they were all known as power backs... Well, Tatum doesn't have that power and thrust in him, he's the quick, explosive back. Sure, it's fun to watch him, but it's not fun to know that he's not the future.

    I want to know who the future back is on this team, if there is one to this point. Tatum isn't a Denver type RB, he's a homerun hitter, what we need is a power back that has enough strength to pull a few guys and get 3 or 4 extra yards.

    If you take out Tatum's big runs, he would end up with like a 3.3 yard average (Just estimating, didn't research it), and once Mike the Marine retires or leaves, he's going to be the guy that carries the ball 30-35 times a game? I don't think so.

    I mean, I like Tatum, but I don't see him going anywhere far in this Denver backfield. Maybe we should try and look for a RB that would work in this system? I don't know, it's just a random thought, and I don't like what the future is looking like for this Denver running game.

    The line is getting old, the system is slowly changing, we can't just throw anyone in there anymore and have them have success. Maybe we should start looking for the FRANCHISE RB of the Denver Broncos this offseason.
    Although I love Tatum....I don't think he is the future




    DEANGELO WILLIAMS!
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      I agree. I like Tatum...when he carries 15 times or less. He is a great "2" in the "One-Two" punch that is the Denver running game. But, yeah, he's no franchise back, and I don't think ever will be.
      Go Broncos!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TDforTatum26
        Although I love Tatum....I don't think he is the future




        DEANGELO WILLIAMS!
        I don't think DeAngelo would even be that good of a back here in Denver, he's small, and not really a reality in this years draft.

        I would like Terrence Whitehead out of Oregon, or Gerald Riggs Jr. out of Tennessee. Although Riggs has had a troubled past with injuries.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Flip flop flip flop. I smell a John Kerry.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jim
            Flip flop flip flop. I smell a John Kerry.
            I smell coffee...

            I smell... Touchdown.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
              I don't think DeAngelo would even be that good of a back here in Denver, he's small, and not really a reality in this years draft.

              I would like Terrence Whitehead out of Oregon, or Gerald Riggs Jr. out of Tennessee. Although Riggs has had a troubled past with injuries.
              Aren't you high on Maroney? he's not much bigger than Williams....



              I wouldn't mind Whitehead....





              but I really don't think we need to worry. obviously using MA and Tatum as we are is working.....maybe when MA retires....Dayne can take MA's role in this 2-back system we are using. he's still young....and him and MA have similar running style's.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TDforTatum26
                Aren't you high on Maroney? he's not much bigger than Williams....



                I wouldn't mind Whitehead....





                but I really don't think we need to worry. obviously using MA and Tatum as we are is working.....maybe when MA retires....Dayne can take MA's role in this 2-back system we are using. he's still young....and him and MA have similar running style's.
                Yeah, Maroney is the man, reminds me alot of Portis. But he'll most likely be taken with a top 10 pick, and even if we did somehow get a top 10 pick, Shanny doesn't draft 1st round RBs.

                Ron Dayne isn't the kind of RB that Mike is. Mike is power and speed, a perfect combination. Ron Dayne is just flat out fat.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  the skins lose out. we get Bush

                  Official Knowshon Rockwell Moreno Fan Club Member 1

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
                    Yeah, Maroney is the man, reminds me alot of Portis. But he'll most likely be taken with a top 10 pick, and even if we did somehow get a top 10 pick, Shanny doesn't draft 1st round RBs.

                    Ron Dayne isn't the kind of RB that Mike is. Mike is power and speed, a perfect combination. Ron Dayne is just flat out fat.
                    We could at least give Dayne a shot when MA retires...it wouldnt hurt.



                    Shanny always drafts a RB....I want Whitehead.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Johnny7
                      I agree. I like Tatum...when he carries 15 times or less. He is a great "2" in the "One-Two" punch that is the Denver running game. But, yeah, he's no franchise back, and I don't think ever will be.
                      How often have we seen him run 16 times or more? I believe only twice. I'm not sure we know how Bell would respond to being a feature back.

                      The biggest reason I see for not featuring him right now is his need for improvement in pass protection and receiving. But I'm sure Bobby Turner is constantly working with him on those areas.

                      I don't know if Bell will ever be our main guy. But I think it's too early to count him out.
                      "You can't take the sky from me..."
                      ------
                      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I think he can be the Franchise back. Mike simply likes him in this role. Let him go elsewhere and we'd see him getting the ball 25 times........he'll be in the Pro Bowl alongside LT.
                        Emancipate your mind!
                        The People's Poster

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I still like Bell as the future. Just because he only gets long gains most the time doesnt mean he isnt a hard runner. I have seen plenty of times where he hits the hole fast and drags the guy for 2-3 yards.
                          Bell wont make yards if he is hit at the line, but even MA only gets 1 or 2 at best when hes hit.

                          I like Maroney out of Minni to be honest. But Bell if given the chance will be a solid starter.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Javalon
                            How often have we seen him run 16 times or more? I believe only twice. I'm not sure we know how Bell would respond to being a feature back.

                            The biggest reason I see for not featuring him right now is his need for improvement in pass protection and receiving. But I'm sure Bobby Turner is constantly working with him on those areas.

                            I don't know if Bell will ever be our main guy. But I think it's too early to count him out.
                            That's true, we haven't run him more than 15 times enough to truly find out, but I suspect Shanahan has good reasons. Tatum fumbled and turned it over on his 16th carry last week. Granted, it was a night train hit. And, yeah, his need for improvement in pass protection and receiving makes him not an every down back. I think if Tatum got those things happening and got more of an "up the middle" game going too, he could be a great all around back. My bet is against it.
                            Go Broncos!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Johnny7
                              That's true, we haven't run him more than 15 times enough to truly find out, but I suspect Shanahan has good reasons. Tatum fumbled and turned it over on his 16th carry last week. Granted, it was a night train hit. And, yeah, his need for improvement in pass protection and receiving makes him not an every down back. I think if Tatum got those things happening and got more of an "up the middle" game going too, he could be a great all around back. My bet is against it.
                              Fair enough. I can understand your reasoning.

                              I would just say to not give up hope. Bobby Turner is an excellent running backs coach and can do wonders.
                              "You can't take the sky from me..."
                              ------
                              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X