3 favorite football teams.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 favorite football teams.

Whats your guys top 3 favorite teams. You can only list Denver once.

DENVER
    MIAMI (griese,williams,surtain)
    CAROLINA (feel sorry for feilds and mills dig ricky manning jnr)P.S
    anyone think we should try and trade darryl gardener and maybe a 3rd-4th draft pick to get manning (ricky)
    2 parts of the #1 defence in the NFL !!!

Comment

Hehehe,

Denver and no one else for me, once the Broncs are out of post season I watch because I like football but I never really cheer for anyone else. In fact I can't really understand how anyone could really support more than one team, thats just me though.

Comment

It's not really that they are my other favourite teams its more like i enjoy watching some of the players from other teams thats why i had player names after them.gives me somethin else to do on a day where denver is not playing or somethin ya know.
        Last edited by kenoyripsit28; 02-12-2004, 01:50 AM.
        2 parts of the #1 defence in the NFL !!!

Comment

I dont cheer for anybody other than denver. I never have any emotion while watching somebody else's game. when the broncos r out of the playoffs i watch the games, but i dont care who wins (unless its someone playing the raiders), i would be just watching coz i like football.

I really dont get how u can root for more than one team. not trying to dis anyone but to me u r a bandwaggoner if u do.
          "HOW THEY GONNA TRY ME LIKE DAT?!"- Champ Bailey

Comment

1. Denver Broncos
            2. Denver Broncos
            3. Denver Broncos
            Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Arab Bronco
              I really dont get how u can root for more than one team. not trying to dis anyone but to me u r a bandwaggoner if u do.
              Do you know the definition of a bandwagoner?

To me, a bandwagoner is someone who "jumps ship" when something bad or good happens to a team or even an individual. Infact there were many people on & off of the JP bandwagon throughout the season...

Personally, I have 2 teams, but I have reasons. If you know me at all, there is no question about my loyalties - I bleed orange & blue, but I also enjoy watching Dallas Cowboy football. When the two teams meet, there is no doubt who I'm cheering for (Broncos).

The way that came about? Easy. I was born in Texas. I've been a military brat all of my life, but spent the first 8 years of my life in TX/OK, more specifically when I lived in TX I was in Dallas...Being the impressionable little half-girlygirl/half tom-boy, I didn't quite understand what football was all about, just that my dad would spend Sundays in front of the tv watching football instead of letting me watch cartoons. He was a big Houston Oilers fan. I was a smart enough little kid that I realized that I could annoy him by cheering for the other team, especially the 'boys. I soon moved to Germany and could not watch any NFL due to time-zone differences/being a school aged-child/etc. I did, however, manage to get to catch the last few minutes of each of the SBs where the Cowboys won, on the radio. Whenever we had "USO Morale visits" from "celebrities" it was the Dallas Cowboys & the DC Cheerleaders...What little girl, when exposed to such things, doesn't want to "grow up to be a DCC"??
              After Germany, I moved to Colorado. I wanted to start watching football, but my 'boys weren't on tv much around here, so I started watching the Denver Broncos. I immediately fell in love with Elway & TD & the team. I was upset when they were going to change their uniforms after that year. (This was '96 when I moved to the states). The following year, we went to the SB & won it. I had enough faith in my team that I was making a pretty serious bet on the game with my GB-fan boyfriend-of-the-time. Again, if you know me, you know that a) I usually don't bet, b) when & if I do, I keep my sides of bets/promises, etc.

My loyalties have not waivered. I won't buy any 'boys gear, but can't help but give a little cheer when they have another W to their name.

As far as a third team? Anyone that's playing the raiders or the chiefs!

Comment

BeerGirl: That's the biggest post I ever seen you make.

I like:

denver Broncos
                dallas Mavericks
                texas Rangers

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BeerGirl
                  [B]Do you know the definition of a bandwagoner?

Definition of a bandwagoner? Beergirl!

"I moved to Colorado. I wanted to start watching football, but my 'boys weren't on tv much around here, so I started watching the Denver Broncos. I immediately fell in love with Elway & TD & the team. I was upset when they were going to change their uniforms after that year. (This was '96 when I moved to the states). The following year, we went to the SB & won it."

"To me, a bandwagoner is someone who "jumps ship" when something bad or good happens to a team or even an individual."

See, you even lived up to your definition.

I am just answering your question to the thread question.
                  Please don't hate me (too)!
                  "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                  tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                  men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rcsodak
                    [B]
                    Originally posted by BeerGirl
                    Do you know the definition of a bandwagoner?

Definition of a bandwagoner? Beergirl!

"To me, a bandwagoner is someone who "jumps ship" when something bad or good happens to a team or even an individual."

See, you even lived up to your definition.

I am just answering your question to the thread question.
                    Please don't hate me (too)!
                    Ummm see here's where you're wrong...I've never been a bandwagoner, if that were the case, I would have waited until the following year to become a fan, then jumped ship again in '99 when we flopped. Basically, it boils down to I didn't know what football was until I started watching DB football, can't hold it against me! What exactly bad/good happened to the Broncos/Cowboys that made me "jump ship" if that's what you feel I did?

And what do you mean by "don't hate me (too)" Who exactly do I hate?
                    Last edited by BlueDamsel; 02-12-2004, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                      BeerGirl: That's the biggest post I ever seen you make.

I like:

denver Broncos
                      dallas Mavericks
                      texas Rangers
                      LOL AO, that's cuz my long posts got deleted

I love the Rangers too. Now baseball was a sport that I could get behind when I was a kid. My dad was actually training with the Astros until my mom married him & made him go into the military instead, so when we lived in TX I went to so many Rangers games. I miss Nolan Ryan!

Comment

1. Kansas City Chiefs
                        2. Kansas City Royals
                        3. St. Louis Blues
                        [QUOTE]
                        If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Thanks BeerGirl, I can see how someone could like more than one team now. I grew up in Colorado and for the first 15 years of my life the Broncs were the team my family taught me to love, I can definitely see how someone like yourself who has done some moving around in their formative years could like more than a single team.

As far as bandwagoners I really only see them as the type of people who don't even care about football until their team is doing well in the playoffs. My GF is from Massachusets and her family for the most part wouldn't know a first down from a hole in the ground. The last two months they've hopped right back on the old Patriot bandwagon and gone out and bought Pat clothes and everything. IMO people like this are bandwagoners, there have been times when I was really unhappy with the Broncs (been following them for about 30 years now so I'm allowed to be pissed at them from time to time) but I always cared about what was going on with the Broncs and watched the games. So IMO approving of what your team is doing or how they are playing has nothing to do with bandwagonning, its more about whether or not you even care that they are even playing when they are losing that provides the distinction.

Comment

Originally posted by Plastique
                            Thanks BeerGirl, I can see how someone could like more than one team now. I grew up in Colorado and for the first 15 years of my life the Broncs were the team my family taught me to love, I can definitely see how someone like yourself who has done some moving around in their formative years could like more than a single team.

As far as bandwagoners I really only see them as the type of people who don't even care about football until their team is doing well in the playoffs. My GF is from Massachusets and her family for the most part wouldn't know a first down from a hole in the ground. The last two months they've hopped right back on the old Patriot bandwagon and gone out and bought Pat clothes and everything. IMO people like this are bandwagoners, there have been times when I was really unhappy with the Broncs (been following them for about 30 years now so I'm allowed to be pissed at them from time to time) but I always cared about what was going on with the Broncs and watched the games. So IMO approving of what your team is doing or how they are playing has nothing to do with bandwagonning, its more about whether or not you even care that they are even playing when they are losing that provides the distinction.
                            Thank you. I was going to have to come back with a snotty response if they kept trying to call me a bandwagoner...If, by my definition of bandwagoner, I truely was a bandwagon fan, I would be all about the Patriots this year, the buccs last year, etc. If you notice, both of "my teams" were 1 & done this year, after a few years of no-shows in the playoffs...Yet I'm still a big fan of the Broncos & still care a bit about the 'boys.

Comment

The broncos are the only team i care about, like several others have said i just don't understand how you could like more than 1 team, but i also watch other games because i love football but i love just " 1 " team "THE BRONCOS" !!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X