since we have had post on best cb and rb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• since we have had post on best cb and rb

I have read the posts on best rb and cb and many good arguements have been brought forth in for a multitude of players. Arguements can be made for many players as the best of all time at their positions. The only position that has a clear cut best of all time is wr. Jerry rice is without aruement the best to play the wr position. He has longevity, records, championships, breathtaking highlights, etc.... Many would argue he is best football player of alltime.
    PROUD BREEDER OF 3 BRONCO FANS AND STILL PRACTICING!!!!!!!!!!!!

O.J. Simpson is undoubtedly the best NFL Muderer of all time too!

Comment

Originally posted by Conklin
      O.J. Simpson is undoubtedly the best NFL Muderer of all time too!
      some would argue rae carruth

Comment

Jerry Rice is the greatest all time WR of the all time greatest WRs

I tried to make that statement weird.

Then you have your distant third WRs of all time. Yep that is right. I skipped 2nd all time best WR..........Jerry probably hold that record and honor as well.
        Emancipate your mind!
        The People's Poster

Comment

Okay, JR is the consensus G.O.A.T. WR . . .

Who are some of the contestants at the position?

Paul Warfield
          Lance "Bambi" Alworth
          Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsch
          John Stallworth
          Otis Taylor
          Lionel Taylor
          Art Monk

To name a few. While the last three are not in the HOF, they probably should be there. Another who might have made the list, but for an abbreviated time as a premier receiver, was Drew Pearson.

Then there are those who should be there from the perscpective of physical talent: Michael Irvin, T.O., and Randy Moss. However, the status involves also what is going on upstairs, above the shoulders. Many with superb talent have played the position; relatively few have had it "all together."

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe

Paul Warfield
            Lance "Bambi" Alworth
            John Stallworth
            Otis Taylor
            Lionel Taylor
            Art Monk

To name a few. While the last three are not in the HOF, they probably should be there. Another who might have made the list, but for an abbreviated time as a premier receiver, was Drew Pearson.

Then there are those who should be there from the perscpective of physical talent: Michael Irvin, T.O., and Randy Moss. However, the status involves also what is going on upstairs, above the shoulders. Many with superb talent have played the position; relatively few have had it "all together."

-----
            Not Tim Brown?
            Thanks, Reid!
            sigpic
            Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by lordtrychon
              Not Tim Brown?
              Nope.

-----

Comment

Wow, No Tim Brown, no Cris Carter, no Andre Reed....
                "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
                R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Comment

Well . . .

Originally posted by CJ_5256
                  Wow, No Tim Brown, no Cris Carter, no Andre Reed....
                  Andre Reed may well belong in there. Brown and Carter were very good, without a doubt. However, I don't believe they were in the same class as those I listed. But that's only my own opinion. I never claimed to be the guru on WRs.

Nonetheless, notice I said "to name a few." That is because I was pulling names off the top and could well have missed a few (ala Reed). If you have a name in mind, post it and tell us why. Speaking for myself, I value your opinion, and I'm sure others agree with me.

-----

Comment

Andre Reed may be the most underrated WR of all time exept Art Monk. He dominated defenders all day, everyday...He was physical, strong, and has some speed to top it off.......
                    "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata

Comment

Top... I don't mind you leaving Brown off your list... it's subjective and it's not a subject I am overly knowledgable in...

But I'm just curious as to why you would not include him... I'm always willing to listen and learn.
                      Thanks, Reid!
                      sigpic
                      Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe

Paul Warfield
                        Lance "Bambi" Alworth
                        John Stallworth
                        Otis Taylor
                        Lionel Taylor
                        Art Monk

-----
                        stallworth way too high. tim brown should be 3rd on that list. good list none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by clokwork orange
                          stallworth way too high. tim brown should be 3rd on that list. good list none the less.
                          I agree. John Stallworth and Lynn Swan are two of the most overrated WR's in history ....However, all they did was play their hearts out in the big game so that kind of helps them....

Comment

I agree. John Stallworth and Lynn Swan are two of the most overrated WR's in history ....However, all they did was play their hearts out in the big game so that kind of helps them....
                            stallworth not in the top 40 in any of the major statistical catagories

Comment

Andre Reed may be the most underrated WR of all time exept Art Monk. He dominated defenders all day, everyday...He was physical, strong, and has some speed to top it off.......
                              You may be right. However, in my book the most underrated receiver of all time is Lionel Taylor. Consider:

* First professional receiver to make 100 catches in football history.

* Averaged 84.7 catches a season from 1960 to 1965.

* Had four seasons with over 1,000 yards in receiving.

* Had the highest six-year total in professional football history.

* AFL All-Star in 1961, 1962, and 1965.

Now, keep in mind those figures were accumulated in 14-game seasons, not 16 games. Also, he did not have a good supporting cast around him for running backs, TEs, or other WRs to take the opposing defense's attention off him. In addition, after Frank Tripucka disappeared from the scene after the 1962 season, the Broncos did not have very good QBs.

Lionel Taylor's situation was much like Floyd Little's: Had he played on a team with a better supporting cast . . . . well, you can use your imagination as to what he might have accomplished.

-----

Comment

Working...
                              X