Super Bowl Parallel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl Parallel

What does this Bronco team have in common with the 1998 team on it's way to the Super Bowl?

That team had two losses, and they were also to the NY Ginats and the Miami Dolphins.

That team also had a late season visit to Buffalo, which has become part of Bronco lore on the way to it's second Super Bowl Championship.

The Denver metro area was hammered with a heavy winter snow, so much so to the extent that players like Shannon Sharpe and Keith Traylor were assisted to the airport to fly to Buffalo by Bronco fans, becasaue all inner-city transportation had ground to a halt in the blizzard. For a time, the NFL considered moving the game to Monday Night, but, alas, the Broncos were able to travel late, arrived early Sunday morninbg in Buffalo, and went on an won a hard- fought battle with the Bills.

Does this team have a 14-2 season in them?

It's getting' good now...

Originally posted by MindField
    What does this Bronco team have in common with the 1998 team on it's way to the Super Bowl?
    Other that wearing the same color uniform, nothing...
    sigpic

Comment

I noticed that the other day too, the only two teams we lost to we're the Giants and Dolphins, but we shall see, I really hope this team is as good as they've been the first 9 games.

Comment

All I want to say is Denver will beat the Panthers in this season's SuperBowl.
        Emancipate your mind!
        The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
          You missed it completely. He was pointing out that the similarities are that our two losses are the same as from the 98 season and that we have a late season game with the Bills in Buffalo.
          The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

OMG!!!11 C0INCIDEDCE?? I 7H1NK N0T! S8P3R B0WL B0UND [email protected]!!1!

Comment

Originally posted by MindField

That team had two losses, and they were also to the NY Ginats and the Miami Dolphins.

That team also had a late season visit to Buffalo, which has become part of Bronco lore on the way to it's second Super Bowl Championship.

The Denver metro area was hammered with a heavy winter snow, so much so to the extent that players like Shannon Sharpe and Keith Traylor were assisted to the airport to fly to Buffalo by Bronco fans, becasaue all inner-city transportation had ground to a halt in the blizzard. For a time, the NFL considered moving the game to Monday Night, but, alas, the Broncos were able to travel late, arrived early Sunday morninbg in Buffalo, and went on an won a hard- fought battle with the Bills.

Does this team have a 14-2 season in them?

It's getting' good now...
              I'm sorry but I HAVE to point this out. The 1998 SB team went 14-2 and their two losses were on the road to the Giants & Dolphins.
              However, it was the 1997 SB team that played in Buffalo around mid season after that massive blizzard and won 23-20 in overtime after choosing to take the wind instead of the ball in OT.

I did notice that the Broncos, since they became an NFL team have played in every Super Bowl ending in 2 or II. Super Bowl 12 (loss to Dallas), Super Bowl 22 (loss to the Giants), Super Bowl 32 (win over Green Bay)

Comment

I was watching our win in against Greenbay must have been 32? Anyway i noticed a trailer for the Mask of Zorro.....the sequal also came out this year......Chance.......I think not.

Comment

Originally posted by RBDynasty
                  You missed it completely. He was pointing out that the similarities are that our two losses are the same as from the 98 season and that we have a late season game with the Bills in Buffalo.

No, I didn't miss what he was pointing out. My sarcastic reply was my way of saying that there is no comparison. IMO
                  sigpic

Comment

It would have been a better comparison if we were 13-0 before losing to them.

Then we wouldn't be too worried about the rest of the season,

7-2 with 7 to go... anything can happen.
                    The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

No, I didn't miss what he was pointing out. My sarcastic reply was my way of saying that there is no comparison. IMO
                      I'm not trying to be a jerk... but quit living in the past man. That season was a dream season but it's the past now. Yeah, you're right that our team now is different than the team back then but that's what life is all about.. constant change.

Besides, the original poster asked what things are in common with the now team and the then team which he clearly pointed out about the losses to MIA and NYG. He's just trying to get excited about this season.

Comment

Originally posted by RBDynasty
                        I'm not trying to be a jerk... but quit living in the past man. That season was a dream season but it's the past now. Yeah, you're right that our team now is different than the team back then but that's what life is all about.. constant change.

Besides, the original poster asked what things are in common with the now team and the then team which he clearly pointed out about the losses to MIA and NYG. He's just trying to get excited about this season.
                        Don't bother replying to him unless you want to look at the glass half empty OR bash Plummer.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RazR
                          Don't bother replying to him unless you want to look at the glass half empty OR bash Plummer.
                          Then where would the fun be in that? I've actually enjoyed the ongoing debate with him about Plummer for the last month or so... I'm actually glad there's people out there who disagree with me because life would be boring if everyone agreed with me.

Comment

As long as they win the SuperBowl this year I'll be happy.
                            Emancipate your mind!
                            The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator
                              All I want to say is Denver will beat the Panthers in this season's SuperBowl.
                              I agree completely Wouldnt that be great?
                              SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X