Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

noone is on the way for a 100 tackle season?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noone is on the way for a 100 tackle season?!

the clostest is Al, with with 43, which equles bout 80. Do any of you think anyone will come from behind to get 100?

7-2................................
    My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosB2B
      exactly...
      sigpic
      DROY

Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #98

Comment

Originally posted by bronc_fan23
        exactly...
        nooo dont get me wrong, i love the record and how the team is playing, but 100 tackles is a pretty good milestone? am i right? just a lil fact, adn do you guys think that they will?

Comment

Originally posted by billymischke_33
          nooo dont get me wrong, i love the record and how the team is playing, but 100 tackles is a pretty good milestone? am i right? just a lil fact, adn do you guys think that they will?
          It's a good stat but the last two years we had 100+ tacklers and lost in Indy.

Yeah I'd like to have one this year but I think he is just echoing a sentiment most of us share.

Comment

Ball control = fewer tackles for everybody. (then again, you could give up 7 three-play 80 yd drives and only have a very few tackles as well...)
            Yep, I'll stick with the WL column for my favorite stat.

Comment

IMO, I don't care to see a 100 tackle stat for anyone of our guys. The reason is they are working together as a team and not for individual reasons. This is the best defense I have seen the Broncos put up in years and I they have been taking advantage of it this year.

SIG BY Snk 16

I adopted #50 Ben Hamilton. GO O-LINE.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosB2B
                Good answer!
                The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

the clostest is Al, with with 43, which equles bout 80. Do any of you think anyone will come from behind to get 100?
                  A few things regarding this. Tackles are acummilated on run attempts. No teams run against us, so the numbers are low. Our offense also runs and chews up clock so the D is on the field less, and lastly we jump out to leads, so teams abandon the run early and that is why the pass statistics also look bad.

Watch the games and not the box score.
                  The three Keys to football
                  1. Turnovers
                  2. Field Position
                  3. Red Zone Play

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoRT
                    A few things regarding this. Tackles are acummilated on run attempts. No teams run against us, so the numbers are low. Our offense also runs and chews up clock so the D is on the field less, and lastly we jump out to leads, so teams abandon the run early and that is why the pass statistics also look bad.

You must spread some Contributor Status around before giving it to BroncoRT again.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoRT

I agree with this and would like to add that Denver under Coyer rarely has seen a player with ungodly tackle totals, because the scheme isn't designed to funnel everything to Al Wilson, like Miami's was to Zach Thomas under Wannstedt. We normally have spread tackles throughout the linebacking core and in-the-box safeties because of blitz packaging and linebackers playing gaps. The individual tackle is not an important statistic. Sacks, TFLs, PDs, INTs...all way more important than making a handful of tackles.

Comment

It's been shown time and again that the teams with high tackle numbers are often the worst teams. I would be happier to see nobody break even 75. That either means that the defense is rarely on the field or everybody runs one play and scores a long touch down everytime. Obviously the second option isn't going to happen even if you are the 49ers.

Comment

Wins over stats.

If our guys had 1 tackle, and we won the Super Bowl, then so I'd be happy. (exaggeration of course)

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                          2. Taxes
                          3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

ITs a good observation though. I realize you are criticizing, and I'm not going to throw out the "standard cliche' " that is always tossed around her of "7-2."

You are right. THis does seem to be lower than in past seasons. Its odd to see our MLB not on pace to get 100tackles. 100 tackles is a pretty standard number for the MLB position. DOes it mean that Al is playing poorly? Of course not, and I DO realize you aren't saying this, that you were just making an interesting observation. Cudos to you.

Comment

D-line and more

I think two things about our team contribute to this phenomena: We have an awesome d-line rotation that keeps them fresh and keeps them putting the pressure on the other team creating havoc, And our llinebackers are all freaks. We don't have to gameplan Al to stop everything like we used to with Meck. Teams aren't able to get their match ups as easily as they'd like because our d-line messes everything up. (Remember the recent article about a gameplan where they wanted to run right at Ian Gold). Well they did. It worked twice later in the game when we had a lead and then we stopped it. In years past Gold would have had 20 tackles. Further with Williams and Gold and Lynch all moving around bouncing about in different lanes you never know who's gonna get a shot at the tackle. Oh, one more thing-our cornerrs can hit. One of the reasons Smith and Atwater had so many tackles is because we haven't had two corners who could tackle in decades!
                              "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

Working...
                              X