Broncos Offense vs. Colts Defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Offense vs. Colts Defense

Popular opinion around here is Denver will meet the Colts in the playoffs...likely in Indy.

I kept track of the Colts game today, and against the Bengals offense, Indy gave up 492 yards of total defense! You read that right...492 yards!
    Rudi Johnson rushed for 76 yards and 2 TD
    Chad Johnson 189 yards and a TD

The vaunted Colts D gave up 37 points.

What would the Broncos offense do against a Defense like this?

The Colts scored 45 points against a Bengals Defense that gave up 451 yards

Could the Broncos defense stop Manning and Co. this year?

Was the Colts Defense exposed tonight?
    sigpic
    Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

Originally posted by BroncFanIN
    Popular opinion around here is Denver will meet the Colts in the playoffs...likely in Indy.

I kept track of the Colts game today, and against the Bengals offense, Indy gave up 492 yards of total defense! You read that right...492 yards!

All I have to say is that the season isn't over yet. We have 8 wins and that's all. Don't think about our matchup with Indy when we don't even play them in the reg. season......Take it 1 week at a time....
    "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
    R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Comment

I think it will take couple more games to figure out if the Colts defense has been exposed.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Absolutely right- Good points...From what I saw of both games, If Indy-Denver took place tomorrow, it would be an incredible game in that Indy gives as much as they take and Denver gives nothing and takes everything...Excellent game on the field guys and a good fantasy day for the Broncos fans too!
        NEVER BEEN OFF THE BANDWAGON!!!!

Comment

I figure as a fan, it is always fun to specuate, start debate. I know its a ways off yet, but as fans, we are allowed to think ahead...

thats all part of the fun!

It was interesting to see the Bengals score so many points against that Defense, after it had been hyped all season along.

An anomoly, perhaps?
          sigpic

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
          -Sean Payton

Comment

Nice thread. But I think Denver can get the job on Colts defense anyday of the week. The question is can Denver's defense stop Colts offense.
            Emancipate your mind!
            The People's Poster

Comment

WOW! I can't believe you said that Emancipator... You are right, but i really believe this defense is just jelling and can/will get stronger... That IS the bottom line though, will our (not can) defense stop them in the playoffs this time!!! Good post and great game bud!!!
              NEVER BEEN OFF THE BANDWAGON!!!!

Comment

They gave up 17 to the Texans two weeks ago. To me that is being exposed.

The sickest Sig ever. Created by Snk16.

Comment

We are now +14 on Turnover Margin....I think our D would be able to pressure Manning enough to make some bad throws, and MAYBE, we'd have a shot to beat them....

"This team looks more deep now than the '98 Super bowl team"

--CBS announcer
                  Administrator

sigpic

Comment

I figure their defense can be scored on:
                    Reference: Houston, St. Louis, Cincy, Houston....

Cincys defense late in the game was pressuring Manning, and he threw 3 times, was in-com-plete each time...and they punted.

Denvers D is the best at pressure....!
                    sigpic

-Sean Payton

Comment

I am going to post a hypthetical here. Just enjoy the opinion. Don't shoot the messenger!!!

Would anybody like TO to better the odds of more offensive #s, better striking threat?

Would you hire TO and tell him half his job is to keep Denver alive in the 3rd and 4th quarters?

At this point, I don't think we have enough firepower to beat Indy. Would TO tip the scales to Denver?

"I am the eggman... HOO... I am the Walrus... Koo Koo Ka Choo" - Jay Cutler

Comment

The Bengals proved today that the Colts defense is vastly overrated. But on the same token, the Colts proved that the Bungles' defense is also overrated.
                        The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpe's Mouth
                          I am going to post a hypthetical here. Just enjoy the opinion. Don't shoot the messenger!!!

Would anybody like TO to better the odds of more offensive #s, better striking threat?

Would you hire TO and tell him half his job is to keep Denver alive in the 3rd and 4th quarters?

At this point, I don't think we have enough firepower to beat Indy. Would TO tip the scales to Denver?
                          No, No, and No. TO would erode the chemistry on the team. He's a great player, but half of Denver's strength comes from the team aspect. These guys play for each other, especially the defense, and it shows.

Could we beat the Colts? Absolutely. The pressure that we are putting on quarterbacks this year is nothing short of amazing. The part that is truly amazing about it is the pressure the line is getting by themselves. It's all great to send god and everybody on a blitz, but against Manning he will find the open man. Our D line is getting great pressure without sending added blitzers, and that is why we WILL beat the Colts if in fact we face them.

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
                          ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

Both teams showed they have great offenses and that their defenses may have been ovverrated. That doesn't mean it translate into our offense being able to score upon the Colts in a similar manner.

Even if we can scrore on the Colts, it only matters if our Defense can stop their offense from scoring more.

Still too early. 8 Wins so far means we can go 8-8 this season. We are much closer to where we want to be but with about a 3rd of the season yet to play too much is still up in the air.
                            The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RBDynasty
                              The Bengals proved today that the Colts defense is vastly overrated. But on the same token, the Colts proved that the Bungles' defense is also overrated.
                              really? thats not what I saw. I saw TWO VERY good QBs with two teams that had VERY good WRs.

Comment

Working...
                              X