Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Haters Shutup, Elway Deserves to be in the Hall!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • All Haters Shutup, Elway Deserves to be in the Hall!

    I wish all the haters would shut up! I am not even a donkey fan, but I'm not a dummy either (although some Donkey fans would say otherwise because of my Chiefs fan status) Elway was freaking awesome, I know its a waste that he got passed up by the Chiefs and we took Todd Blackledge, but oh well! Elway was freaking great, shutup haters and recognize Elway for what he was ; A HALL OF FAMER!!!!!
    [QUOTE]
    If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991


    The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

  • #2
    Thank you!
    Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

    You too Cutler.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by rascal
      Thank you!
      No problem Rasc, I learned a valuable lesson, never bet against Elway, I did that in 1998, I bet $100 to this Bronc fan that Vinny and the Jets were going to waste the Broncs, I was half right, since the Jets led at the half, and Elway pulled off another one of his miracles! I wouldn't even say miracle, I'd just say Elway was the COMEBACK kid! Elway brought some memories to Arrowhead, we use to love it when DT would sack him!
      [QUOTE]
      If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991


      The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by dhall26
        No problem Rasc, I learned a valuable lesson, never bet against Elway, I did that in 1998, I bet $100 to this Bronc fan that Vinny and the Jets were going to waste the Broncs, I was half right, since the Jets led at the half, and Elway pulled off another one of his miracles! I wouldn't even say miracle, I'd just say Elway was the COMEBACK kid! Elway brought some memories to Arrowhead, we use to love it when DT would sack him!
        I'm sure you did, but we loved it when he dominated against shotty and during all of those comebacks.

        How about that montana elway came. That was impressive, to bad the good side lost.
        Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

        You too Cutler.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by rascal
          I'm sure you did, but we loved it when he dominated against shotty and during all of those comebacks.

          How about that montana elway came. That was impressive, to bad the good side lost.
          Yeah, my favorite still though was watching DT come out of nowhere and make Elway run backwards, that's how come I knew what number he was!! Backwards Man!
          [QUOTE]
          If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991


          The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dhall26
            Yeah, my favorite still though was watching DT come out of nowhere and make Elway run backwards, that's how come I knew what number he was!! Backwards Man!
            Two fantastic games against the Chiefs, that I remember in Mile High. Two Monday Night games. We just allowed an interception run back when we had the game in hand. Everyone in the stands is really bummed because it looks like we are going to lose. It is fourth down and forever (like 30 yards) Elway scrambles then throws to Vance Johnson down on the twenty and he stumbles a few yards and we kick a field goal and win the game.

            The other game was we were behind two or three touchdowns in the fourth and Elway led us back that game to win. We couldn't believe what we were seeing, because all of us in the stands thought there was no way, even with Elway.

            Definitely taught us not to doubt.

            There were many times when D.T. broke through and caught only air because Elway "juked" him. One time it looked like he had him in the backfield, Elway ducked down and then came right back up and D.T. was wondering what happened, if I remember right he headed up the field for twelve to fifteen yards before anyone caught him.
            Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

            Comment


            • #7
              How is Elway being in the HOF even an issue? He has the most career wins in NFL history(I think), and he epitomizes "franchise player". Shut up indeed.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: All Haters Shutup, Elway Deserves to be in the Hall!

                Originally posted by dhall26
                I know its a waste that he got passed up by the Chiefs and we took Todd Blackledge, but oh well!
                Hopefully you mean passed up via trading for him. Elway went #1
                in the draft to the colts so the Cheifs only shot would have been to make a deal like the Broncos did, which wouldn't have done much good since why would the Colts trade Elway for Blackledge.
                The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Re: All Haters Shutup, Elway Deserves to be in the Hall!

                  Originally posted by Elway
                  Hopefully you mean passed up via trading for him. Elway went #1
                  in the draft to the colts so the Cheifs only shot would have been to make a deal like the Broncos did, which wouldn't have done much good since why would the Colts trade Elway for Blackledge.
                  Exactly, but we could have gotten him, Marino or Kelly and we took Blackledge, we haven't drafted a QB in the 1st round since!
                  [QUOTE]
                  If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991


                  The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    cuz you follow a loser team...big news flash.
                    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                    men."

                    -- Samuel Adams

                    sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Only an idiot would say Elway doesn't deserve to be in the HOF! He's right up there with Montana, Unitas, and Marino!

                      He IS the most winningest QB in NFL History and i'm pretty sure he STILL holds the record for most yards rushed by a QB.
                      (That record will soon be surpassed though because of this new era of rushing QBs.)

                      Ed McCaffrey: A good blocker, a great receiver. You will be missed.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Beretta 07
                        Only an idiot would say Elway doesn't deserve to be in the HOF! He's right up there with Montana, Unitas, and Marino!

                        He IS the most winningest QB in NFL History and i'm pretty sure he STILL holds the record for most yards rushed by a QB.
                        (That record will soon be surpassed though because of this new era of rushing QBs.)
                        Not forgetting he's the most sacked QB of all time...not his fault but to keep the motor going for the time he did was amazing.
                        sigpic

                        Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

                        Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by muse
                          Not forgetting he's the most sacked QB of all time...not his fault but to keep the motor going for the time he did was amazing.
                          Exactly! He was one of those few player who actually LOVED the game. You don't see that too much anymore. And it's isn't his fault. The O-Line has to take some responsibility too. Elway did his job and waited for the receivers to get open.If none were open, he took a risk a scrambled out of the pocket and up the field which usually led to some decent gains. (Anybody else remember his rush that led to him helicopter spinning into the endzone in SB 32?)

                          Ed McCaffrey: A good blocker, a great receiver. You will be missed.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Beretta 07
                            Exactly! He was one of those few player who actually LOVED the game. You don't see that too much anymore.
                            Slightly OT but Jake is another player who loves the game. That's why he fits the system so well as well as his mobility.
                            sigpic

                            Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

                            Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              yeah, Jake looks like he is too. But I doubt if Clinton Portis will stay with Denver for his career. He's already asking for 20,000,000 contract! Don't these people get it? Why ask for more money when you're already rich?

                              Ed McCaffrey: A good blocker, a great receiver. You will be missed.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X