Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballhawking

Seven picks in our last 3 games!!!!

I like that. We are improving on our picking skills and opportunities.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

Comment

7 sacks in our past 2 games, (only 8 in our previous 8 games)

The sickest Sig ever. Created by Snk16.

Comment

man champ bailey is really having a great year even though hes hurt, imagine if he were healthy how many ints he might have

Comment

his hands aren't hurt, or his brain either....................

he will get his picks whether he is full speed or not...............

Comment

What a pick by Champ, that was freaking sweet.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
            2. Taxes
            3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by Snk16
              What a pick by Champ, that was freaking sweet.
              The bar I was at all the jet fans thought Vinny was throwing it away, but Champ made the play on it( reminds me of the pick he had against the saints last year when he flew across the enitre endzone to make a tiptoe catch) Only a few CB's could make that play, certainly Champ is one of them.

Comment

Don't nobody be forgetting the Dline in this thread! Pressure=Picks

Comment

Originally posted by gobroncsnv
                  Don't nobody be forgetting the Dline in this thread! Pressure=Picks

Did I not mention we have 7 sacks in the past 2 games, only one less than we had in our previous 8?

Comment

7 picks in last 3 games...

Comment

Originally posted by puredenfan
                      man champ bailey is really having a great year even though hes hurt, imagine if he were healthy how many ints he might have
                      He would probably have less were he 100%. It seems lately that opposing teams seem to think they can exploit his injury...

Boy, I bet they feel dumb after trying that.

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
                      ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

Champ's numbers are rising because teams are being forced to go after him more. Part of it is that Champ's health hasn't been 100% and teams feel now is the best chance to attack him.

The main part is that Darrent Williams is really blossoming as a cover guy. Last week, Williams went toe to toe with Randy Moss for the entire first half, and held him to one catch for seven yards. The second half, the team did more zone and field assignments, so covering Moss was spread out. This week, it wasn't Bailey that spent most of the game on Coles, it was Williams.

If you go back and watch recent games, Foxworth has become the target of opposing QBs, and he has been okay for a rookie. He doesn't surrender the big play, but he seems to give up too many plays in front of him. On the flip side, Williams is challenged occasionally, but not near the level that people attacked Herndon opposite Bailey last season. Opponents gameplans also give us a good indication of Williams' level of play.

A few weeks ago, legendary scout and talent evaluator, Gil Brandt, stated that Williams has played at a pro bowl level in coverage, but won't receive such a recognition as a rookie. Pro Football Weekly says Williams is the best rookie corner they have seen in some time. Scouts all over have been singing the praises of this young man.

During the pre-draft discussions last season, I compared Darrent Williams to Dre Bly of Detoit, giving him an outside shot at holding down a starting job like Bly, but believing he could excel against slot receivers. If early results mean anything, he may be better than Bly. His coverage skills are phenominal, aided by his elite quickness and change of direction. I won't go as far to say Bailey is made to look better because of Darrent, because Bailey has always been top notch. What I do believe is that with Williams, people cannot turn a blind eye to Bailey anymore, and perhaps it won't be long until Denver has two of the best cover guys in the NFL. Gil Brandt is more right than wrong, here's hoping he's right on this one down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
                          Champ's numbers are rising because teams are being forced to go after him more. Part of it is that Champ's health hasn't been 100% and teams feel now is the best chance to attack him.

The main part is that Darrent Williams is really blossoming as a cover guy. Last week, Williams went toe to toe with Randy Moss for the entire first half, and held him to one catch for seven yards. The second half, the team did more zone and field assignments, so covering Moss was spread out. This week, it wasn't Bailey that spent most of the game on Coles, it was Williams.

If you go back and watch recent games, Foxworth has become the target of opposing QBs, and he has been okay for a rookie. He doesn't surrender the big play, but he seems to give up too many plays in front of him. On the flip side, Williams is challenged occasionally, but not near the level that people attacked Herndon opposite Bailey last season. Opponents gameplans also give us a good indication of Williams' level of play.

A few weeks ago, legendary scout and talent evaluator, Gil Brandt, stated that Williams has played at a pro bowl level in coverage, but won't receive such a recognition as a rookie. Pro Football Weekly says Williams is the best rookie corner they have seen in some time. Scouts all over have been singing the praises of this young man.

During the pre-draft discussions last season, I compared Darrent Williams to Dre Bly of Detoit, giving him an outside shot at holding down a starting job like Bly, but believing he could excel against slot receivers. If early results mean anything, he may be better than Bly. His coverage skills are phenominal, aided by his elite quickness and change of direction. I won't go as far to say Bailey is made to look better because of Darrent, because Bailey has always been top notch. What I do believe is that with Williams, people cannot turn a blind eye to Bailey anymore, and perhaps it won't be long until Denver has two of the best cover guys in the NFL. Gil Brandt is more right than wrong, here's hoping he's right on this one down the road.
                          (Drooling---Choking on drool)

Ahhh, you make me feel soooo good!

Comment

Originally posted by Elway1983
                            Did I not mention we have 7 sacks in the past 2 games, only one less than we had in our previous 8?
                            8 sacks the last 2 games, you're forgetting the one when Vinny got hurt and Marco Coleman fell on him.
                            "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
                            R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by CJ_5256
                              8 sacks the last 2 games, you're forgetting the one when Vinny got hurt and Marco Coleman fell on him.
                              I say Coleman would have had him anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X