So, what does it all mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, what does it all mean?

Starting with the Broncos, a quick look around the league and what it all means for the Broncos:

Broncos shut out the Jets 27 - 0. What's it mean? Only that we did what we were supposed to do. But that's actually a very good sign because recent teams could not always beat teams we should have destroyed.

Colts win a shootout over Bengals 45 - 37. What's it mean? The Colts offense is still damned intimidating. But their supposedly great defense wilted when facing a good offense. For the record, Denver's offense was ranked higher than Cincy's coming into today's games. As for the Bengals, they have lost twice at home to other good AFC teams and I'm not sure if they've beaten a good team yet.

Cowboys beat Lions 20 - 7. What's it mean? The Cowboys will be playing with confidence when we visit them Thanksgiving day. However, their offense is really streaky and overall unreliable; they've scored enough to win seven games but don't inspire a lot of awe. Their defense is another story as they tend to play at a pretty high level for the most part. Looking at them as a whole, I like our chances but I'd like them better with a full week for Shanny to gameplan against their defense.

Baltimore edges the Steelers 16 - 13. What's it mean? The Steelers losing definitely helps the Broncos' chances of winning the second seed in the AFC. Also, the Broncos were wrong to spend a 1st round pick on Maddox but they were right to get rid of him; the Steelers better hope Roethlisberger gets healthy and stays that way. As for the Ravens, it really sucks that they get their QB back and are building confidence just a few weeks before we play them. We'll still win, though.

Oakland beats Washington 16 - 13. What's it mean? Shanny is slightly less unhappy than normal to see da Raiduhs win because our draft pick next year just moved up a little higher.

San Diego kills the Bills 48 - 10. What's it mean? The Chargers are gaining momentum, not a good thing. The Bills are not the same team on the road that they are at home and we get to play there in December when they have a decided advantage. If we lose that one, get ready for an influx of Dolts' fans into our forums.

Kansas City clobbers the Texans 45 -17. What's it mean? Houston gave KC back its confidence. Here's a thought: If the Texans have the first overall pick, they might take Leinert and get rid of Carr. I love the way Jake is playing right now but Carr would make a great backup with some great offensive coaches like ours to fix him like they did Jake-. (I'm just kidding because we know Carr will be starting somewhere next year and it won't be in Denver.)

So, did I miss anything that happened today that affects the Broncos? If so, lay it on us...
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Originally posted by Javalon
    San Diego kills the Bills 48 - 10. What's it mean? The Chargers are gaining momentum, not a good thing. The Bills are not the same team on the road that they are at home and we get to play there in December when they have a decided advantage. If we lose that one, get ready for an influx of Dolts' fans into our forums.

So, did I miss anything that happened today that affects the Broncos? If so, lay it on us...

It looked like Gates got hurt pretty bad in that game. His foot or ankle or something. Had to be carted off. Don't like to see injuries, but we saw the first game of the year how SD lost when he wasn't playing. Could be interesting

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
      It looked like Gates got hurt pretty bad in that game. His foot or ankle or something. Had to be carted off. Don't like to see injuries, but we saw the first game of the year how SD lost when he wasn't playing. Could be interesting
      If it's serious, that could really hurt their chances. I'm actually surprised at how dependent the Chargers are on Gates. Just his presence makes a huge difference for their offense, whether he's catching passes or not.

If the Chargers are smart, they'll sign him to a long term deal really soon. Hopefully they aren't smart.
      ------

Comment

That it's a great time to be a Bronco fan!

1. We beat the Jets.

It means we are a serious contentender, shuting them out.

2. Colts win 45/17.

It means the Colts really are that good.

3. The Coboys beat the Lions.

That means they are better than the Lions. WOW! lol

4. Baltimore over the Steelers!

Well, that show's that the Steelers really need Big Ben....

5. Oakland beats Washington.

That both these teams suck..........

6. S.D. kills the Bills.

That we should too! Both these teams are a way off yet....

7. KC's offense shows up in Houston!

That they can hang with us! Granted, it was Houston, but KC can put up the points, if given the chance.We might be 9 & 3 after THAT game!

Comment

Yeah, if Gates is out for an extended amount of time that definitely hurts the Chargers. But, don't be fooled, the Chargers are for real. With or without AG they are a good team and quite capable of winning out, except for week 17 of course.

Bottom line, the Broncos are now in the drivers seat for the second seed. As long as they keep winning there will be a playoff game at home.

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
          ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

If it's serious, that could really hurt their chances. I'm actually surprised at how dependent the Chargers are on Gates. Just his presence makes a huge difference for their offense, whether he's catching passes or not.

If the Chargers are smart, they'll sign him to a long term deal really soon. Hopefully they aren't smart.
            As for the rest of your post, its going to be interesting in two weeks in KC. Especially if we come away with a win in D.

Colts are rolling, thought they might trip today but didn't.

If we win in Dallas and KC, that will be a 10 win season with only 4 games left to play. 2 at home and 2 away. That means if we win all of the home games, could go 12-4 at worse. 2nd seed looking good. We got some help today and Jax still has to play Indy, and does Cincy still have to play PItt?

Comment

As for the rest of your post, its going to be interesting in two weeks in KC. Especially if we come away with a win in D.

Colts are rolling, thought they might trip today but didn't.

If we win in Dallas and KC, that will be a 10 win season with only 4 games left to play. 2 at home and 2 away. That means if we win all of the home games, could go 12-4 at worse. 2nd seed looking good. We got some help today and Jax still has to play Indy, and does Cincy still have to play PItt?
              Actually, the Jags aren't even in the equation if Indy gets the #1 seed because the Jags would only be able to get a wildcard spot.

And because we have essentially a 3 game lead over the Patriots, I'd say we just have to worry about Pittsburgh and Cincy plus our own division foes.
              ------

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
                3. The Coboys beat the Lions.

That means they are better than the Lions. WOW! lol
                Ouch! I'm sure looking forward to Thursday's game.
                ------

Comment

As it stands: this is what it means right now. Every week it is subject to change

Top 8 AFC teams

1 Colts 10-0
                  2 Broncos 8-2
                  3 Steelers 7-3
                  4 Patriots 6-4
                  5 Bengals 7-3
                  6 Jacksonville 7-3
                  7 San Diego 6-4
                  8 Kansas City 6-4

We know where we are, who is above us, and who is nipping at our heals.

We just need to keep doing what we have been, play hard and do our best to keep winning and to try and get a bye week and a home game. We are in the drivers seat as of right now. Just a matter of us being able to hold onto it.

Last year at this time we were 7-3 at this point in the season, finished 10-6
                  Last edited by Elway; 11-20-2005, 10:29 PM.
                  The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Actually, the Jags aren't even in the equation if Indy gets the #1 seed because the Jags would only be able to get a wildcard spot.

And because we have essentially a 3 game lead over the Patriots, I'd say we just have to worry about Pittsburgh and Cincy plus our own division foes.
                    have you seen jax schedule?

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
                      As it stands: this is what it means right now. Every week it is subject to change

Top 8 AFC teams

1 Colts 10-0
                      2 Broncos 8-2
                      3 Steelers 7-3
                      4 Patriots 6-4
                      5 Bengals 7-3
                      6 Jacksonville 7-3
                      7 San Diego 6-4
                      8 Kansas City 6-4

We know where we are, who is above us, and who is nipping at our heals.

We just need to keep doing what we have been, play hard and do our best to keep winning and to try and get a bye week and a home game. We are in the drivers seat as of right now. Just a matter of us being able to hold onto it.

Last year at this time we were 7-3 at this point in the season, finished 10-6
                      this season is the best start we've had since 98 isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by tdnmecudawon3
                        have you seen jax schedule?
                        Yes. But they are 3 games behind the Colts and not likely to catch them in their division which means they'll be a wildcard team. And that means the Jags won't be a factor in our quest for the 2nd seed in the AFC playoffs (assuming Indy gets the 1st seed).
                        ------

Comment

does Cincy still have to play PItt?
                          Yes. @ Pit.

I almost hate to use this term but "we control our own destiny". With this two game cushion in the division, losses are unacceptable. lol.
                          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

It means the Broncos better keep playing to win.

It means the Broncos need keep winning to control their own destiny.
                            The coaching staff and the players will leave it to the fans to speculate and wish other teams lose. They don't have time for that. The Denver Broncos team is more concerned with winning the game at hand. The next game to win is at Dallas.

Denver wins a close one 33-24.
                            Emancipate your mind!
                            The People's Poster

Comment

Working...
                            X