Comments from a Cowboys Fan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments from a Cowboys Fan!

First let me say, great board. The fans here seem to be pretty knowledgeble about your team. And not just crazy boy haters,, maybe this week but that's understandable.

I will admit, I nearly laughed my butt off when you guys signed Jake P. He was horrible for the cards but he seems to be a good fit for your system. I haven't had a chance to watch many Bronco games this year so let me ask.. has anyone shut down your running game and put the game on the arm of Jake?? I know you guys dont think that anyone can shut down the running game, but anyone can have an off day. We did hold, LT, Portis, and Alexander to very low rushing games. I dont have any doubts we can slow down the rushing attack. If we do, can jake and your wr beat us??

what is your record on the road?? And the final question,, do u think that the short week will benefit dallas or denver more, or is it a wash??

I am looking forward to this game very much. I think it will be a classic, hard fought slugfest with two teams that like to pound the ball. I think both teams are pretty evenly matched,, your DL is alittle undersized but quick and our LBs are small and quick,, depends on which running game can get to the second level the best.

I wish youguys luck thursday and i hope both teams can get out of this game with no injuries. And thanks for taking out the Skins!

Hoping for no serious injuries on either team also

Welcome to the board, I think Thursday's game will be an exciting one for sure.

Comment

Hey man, good luck against us on Thanksgiving, of course im hoping for a different result than you guys are for pretty obvious reasons, i think we need this game because it'll show that we are among the elite teams in this league, Denver is having a hell of a season and i think that they have all ready proven that they are elite. I have a very good feeling about this game, for some reason, but I think we will win a close one mostly because we are at home, and you saw how the corwd made DET play, 17 penalties, Also we are only allowing 11.4 PPG at HOME!!!!! Good luck, I hope we win it!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Welcome to you also , yes I think it could be a close game.

Comment

Originally posted by MSCowboy
          has anyone shut down your running game and put the game on the arm of Jake?? I know you guys dont think that anyone can shut down the running game, but anyone can have an off day. We did hold, LT, Portis, and Alexander to very low rushing games. I dont have any doubts we can slow down the rushing attack. If we do, can jake and your wr beat us??
          Yes, the Dolphis and the Chargers. Against the Chargers Plummer had a decent day (248 yds, 0TD, 1 int). Other than those games, Denver has been able to run the ball... you can add the Raiders game there, but Plummer had another good day (205 yds, 1TD).

what is your record on the road?? And the final question,, do u think that the short week will benefit dallas or denver more, or is it a wash??
          2-2. I don't know who will be better off, I would say the short week will benefit the home team, just because of the extra day (no need to travel).

Comment

Heres to good food and another notch in the W column for Denver
            This game'll determine between my roommate and I who has braggin rights for the next few weeks. Ugh, I live with a cowpies fan..... where did I go wrong....

Comment

Originally posted by Jynx13
              Heres to good food and another notch in the W column for Denver
              This game'll determine between my roommate and I who has braggin rights for the next few weeks. Ugh, I live with a cowpies fan..... where did I go wrong....
              choosing to live with cowpie fans but neways to a broncos win!

Comment

we ran 200+ yards on the eagles the week after they limited LT to like 20 yards

Comment

First off, Goodluck Dallas Fans. But in my opinion and I probably share it with quiet a few bronco fans, is that the reason why are running game is so elite and hard to stop is are play calling. The talent is there, and all are coaches have to do is keep the defense on there toes. I think are run game can be stopped Dallas might have the talent ( i havent really watched to many Dallas games ) but I think this is a game for the coaches and them calling the right plays. Dallas needs to make sure there defense of ends stay home.

Comment

To a Dallas fan, I haven't seen any of your games so not going to talk any smack.

One question though is, I have seen a lot of Cowboy fans say all you have to do is stop our run. And you asked has jake had to win a game for us yet. Well, if you do load up the box, how good are your corners?

Comment

Here's to a clean, injury-free game!!

Just don't forget where you parked yer horse there, pardner!

Comment

To answer your question. No game has really put the game on Jake's arm YET>.. except the Miami and the end of the Giants game. I can't really say how that would work out... its something we ALL are waiting to see what happens. This is something that personally concerns me. We have been playing a very controlled type offense.. using the running game as a catalyst.

HOWEVER. We have played some teams with a GOOD run defense, and we have run the ball on them. So I don't think the cowboys will stop our running game. If they do, it will be an even more interesting game than I think it already will be.

Comment

First let me say, great board. The fans here seem to be pretty knowledgeble about your team. And not just crazy boy haters,, maybe this week but that's understandable.

I will admit, I nearly laughed my butt off when you guys signed Jake P. He was horrible for the cards but he seems to be a good fit for your system. I haven't had a chance to watch many Bronco games this year so let me ask.. has anyone shut down your running game and put the game on the arm of Jake?? I know you guys dont think that anyone can shut down the running game, but anyone can have an off day. We did hold, LT, Portis, and Alexander to very low rushing games. I dont have any doubts we can slow down the rushing attack. If we do, can jake and your wr beat us??

I am looking forward to this game very much. I think it will be a classic, hard fought slugfest with two teams that like to pound the ball. I think both teams are pretty evenly matched,, your DL is alittle undersized but quick and our LBs are small and quick,, depends on which running game can get to the second level the best.

I wish youguys luck thursday and i hope both teams can get out of this game with no injuries. And thanks for taking out the Skins!

Dallas has played very well this year and are deserving of everything they get.

Denver is also playing a ton better.

Being in Texas, in could mean trouble for us and send us home with a foul taste in our mouths?

Denver 27-17
                          ~RSth Lncus [email protected] mO Po*

Its what a man knows about himself inside that makes him afraid!

UNC Tarheels!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkPanda
                            we ran 200+ yards on the eagles the week after they limited LT to like 20 yards
                            If I remember right, Philly held LT to 7 yards rushing the week before and then we blew them up.

For me I think we have this one. That is not to say that I am taking the boys lightly but right now things seem to be going our way. Bounces and bad breaks that have gone against us in recent years seem to be bouncing our way now.

I think it comes down to how the Cowboys D stops our O. I don't think the Cowboys O will be too effective against our D. They will get some yards on the ground against us but our oppurtunistic D should come up w/ some big shut down plays. If your D can stop Denver and keep it close then you have a chance. This is not to sound cocky... this is just the way I see it.

Good luck to you guys. Very classy way to come over and visit for the week.

Comment

the problem with simply "stopping our run" to beat us, is that our offense is very balanced. if you load up the box with 8 men to stop anderbell, we can easily pick you guys apart with passes, force you to drop a safety back, then go back to running the ball. we've had numerous occasions where the pass has set up the run for us.

good luck anyway, i feel these next two weeks are the most pivotal games in our season, and will determine if we're a bye team vying for a super bowl against the colts, or struggling to win the west and being a dark horse to make the super bowl

Comment

Working...
                              X