Comments from a Cowboys Fan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome!!!!

i think the qb play from both teams is gonna decide the game. i really think we will slow down the broncos running game, as the broncs will probaly slow down ours, then it will be up to the qbs to make that one or two big plays to win the game. going into thursday, thats just the feeling i have right now. both qbs, are truly capable of making those plays.

If the play does come down to the QB's, I like our chances with a moble QB.

oh yeah, and special teams. were very good on kick coverage, and have a pro bowl caliber punter. as well as an above average kick returner in tyson thompson.
    We also have a probowl punter and an up-and-coming returner in Darrent Williams.

The more I read about this game and hear from Cowboy fans, I am beginning to think that these two teams are very evenly matched. SHould make for a good thanksgiving game.

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
      If the play does come down to the QB's, I like our chances with a moble QB.

We also have a probowl punter and an up-and-coming returner in Darrent Williams.

The more I read about this game and hear from Cowboy fans, I am beginning to think that these two teams are very evenly matched. SHould make for a good thanksgiving game.

im getting the same feeling. sometime i feel like im hearing about my team. with the stout defense, the rb core, and the veteran qb. its quite funny, actually.
      it will be a great game.
      and i really dont know how good the broncos secondary is, i know its midleading with all the leads and whatnot.
      but the thing im talking about in the passing games for both teams, is when the opposing team blitzes and leaves one on one. like i said before, i think both qbs can make that play (the blitz pickup) and that really might be the determining factor.

Comment

Originally posted by HummerMan
        I know what you're getting at with this, and it isn't a fair assessment of the phili defense. LT had to play the eagles in phili, which is a TOUGH place to play, while you guys played them in Denver.

When we played phili in Dallas, we had a total of 169 rushing yards.
        When we played phili in phili, we had a total of 68 rushing yards.

quite a difference, we dominated phili in Dallas yet were dominated by phili in phili
        I see your point but at the same time 7 yards versus over 200 is a big difference! Yes your 169-68 was a big difference but not quite 7-200.

Either way, both teams are going to try to run it and whoever is more sucessful will probably win.

Cheers to a good game!

Happy holidays!

Comment

Originally posted by SmilinMike
          I look forward to this game. I'm SCARED though. I got 50$ on this game.
          Should have put up $50 in food stamps.
          ~RSth Lncus [email protected] mO Po*

Its what a man knows about himself inside that makes him afraid!

UNC Tarheels!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosB2B
            28th ranked pass defense because we shut down the run and jump on teams early and often, so the other team has really no choice but to throw it.
            That's weak. Its because the front 4 dont get enough pressure on the QB.
            If teams are throwing all day (playing catch-up)...........why do y'all only have 18 sacks? That's a big reason why y'all are 28th. ......Am I right?

Comment

The Running Game Will Decide It

I think the Ponies will probably run more successfully against the Boys than visa versa. This should be decisive since, for both teams, the running game sets up the passing game. But Dallas is at home, probably has some advantage from the short week, and may have some psychological advantage. Could be a very physical, very good, close game.

Boys fan since '60

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyuptx
                That's weak. Its because the front 4 dont get enough pressure on the QB.
                If teams are throwing all day (playing catch-up)...........why do y'all only have 18 sacks? That's a big reason why y'all are 28th. ......Am I right?
                Passing yards usually is whats used when 'rating' a pass defense. Considering we have had Two QBs throw for over 50 pass attempts in a game, those are going to raise the average against us. Do I think our pass rush is stellar? Noooo. Do I think its as bad as you are trying to suggest it is? Noooo. We HAVE had the lead through out most of our games. Thats why teams have to pass the ball a LOT in the second half of the games. Thats why we have the fewest rushing attempts against us in teh NFL. If we have the fewest rushing attempts, that should show you where the rest of the opposing teams offense is centered on.... passing the ball. If they are passing simply because we can't "Stop" the pass is one thing...but considering our record, then that plan hasn't been working out for them either.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                  Passing yards usually is whats used when 'rating' a pass defense.
                  If they are passing simply because we can't "Stop" the pass is one thing...but considering our record, then that plan hasn't been working out for them either.
                  Awesome Dude.
                  I am tired of hearing about our less than stellar pass defense.
                  If you look at the attempts, yards and scores I think our secondary is doing just fine. Plus like you stated look at the wins and that should shut up the haters for a little while.

Go Broncos and lets play some good ball tomorrow.
                  BRONCOS RULE !!

Comment

Working...
                  X