The Big Play (merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Play (merged)

We would be unstopable this year if we had more big plays in the passing game. Last year we had 55 pass plays of 20 or more yds. to this years 24, and last year had 9 pass plays of 40 or more yds. to this years 5. We are without a doubt at least the 2nd best team in the league, but if we could incoorperate the big play in our passing game there is no doubt in my mind that we would go to the Super Bowl.....
    "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
    R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

I still think consistency is the name of the game. Big pass plays don't win games. Just ask Cincinatti.

Comment

Well we have had the big play in recent weeks. It's been used properly too in my opinion. Enough that it has to be respected and not so much that it comes as a surprise and catches teams off guard.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ_5256
        We would be unstopable this year if we had more big plays in the passing game. Last year we had 55 pass plays of 20 or more yds. to this years 24, and last year had 9 pass plays of 40 or more yds. to this years 5. We are without a doubt at least the 2nd best team in the league, but if we could incoorperate the big play in our passing game there is no doubt in my mind that we would go to the Super Bowl.....
        Well, last year had more "big plays," but we also had 20 INTs. I'll take the reduction in big plays if we don't turn over the ball.
        sigpic

Comment

Also this season still has 6 games left. We are at about half on those stats so I don't think we would be to far behind even if we don't match them.

Comment

Big Plays will decide the Broncos v Cowboys Game

I'm not one that usually talk about the big plays. I like the play of this Cowboy team. But this is the type of game that has big plays written all over it. Denver will be able to stop Dallas all day. However, Dallas has that big play ability.

Drew tends to find Terry Glenn deep down the middle. Julius Jones may break a long run after being stopped the previous 10 times. Dallas X factor in this game will be Peerless Price. Don't by into the Price was a flop stuff. Price was and is good. Most of his lack of success came because Ron Mexico wasn't throwing the ball his way down in the ATL.

Dallas D has that big play ability. They have good LBs and a good safety and good rookie DE/LB.

HOWEVER, Denver can stop any team. We have big play players. I hope Bell is healthy, and I really hope we feed Rod Smith and get the ball in Lelie's hands. Lelie is the man. I think Lynch, Trevor, Wilson, Ferguson, and Champ will have a huge defensive game. Broncos win a close hard fought game 33-24.
            Last edited by Emancipator; 11-22-2005, 06:10 AM.
            Emancipate your mind!
            The People's Poster

Comment

This is one of the best Turkey Day match-ups in a long time! I'm very excited about this game.

Our rookies will also have a good day-Darrent Williams and Dominque Foxworth-covering the receivers of Dallas. If the Browncos can keep pressure on Bledso-so...I can see some INT's to go with my cranberry sauce
              sigpic
              Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
              -Sean Payton

Comment

It is going to be a defensive battle come turkey day. I agree this is the best match up on Thanksgiving than I can remember. I have said this all year, just get to the QB on defense.

SIG BY Snk 16

I adopted #50 Ben Hamilton. GO O-LINE.

Comment

I agree. This should be a great defensive game.

The outcome of the game will likely be decided on how well we put pressure on Bledsoe. From what I have seen, Parcells isn't hesitant to go with total pass protection. That means that Denver's blitzes will get picked up a lot. Denver will need to get great pressure from the front four guys.
                  Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Shanny is starting to play a little bit of Parcells ball with field position, so this might be a punt battle. Both teams have very good defense's and both have been vulnerable against the big play, so look for Lelie and Glenn to have good games.
                    The three Keys to football
                    1. Turnovers
                    2. Field Position
                    3. Red Zone Play

Comment

This game will come down to quarterback play, especially if the Broncos cant run the ball. The attempts will be there which is important, because it will keep the defense on its heels. The key to winning this game for the offense is to take care of the football and keep turnovers to a minimum. IMO if the offense can produce 25+ points and not turn the ball over the Broncos will win.

Defensively we know the Broncos will be effective against the Cowboy's running game, and if the Cowboys have any shot of winning Bledsoe will have to put up 350 yards 4TDs and 0Ints. Bledsoe historically takes alot of sacks and can be forced into mistakes. The Cowboys will be lucky to score more than 20 points imo.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoRT
                        Shanny is starting to play a little bit of Parcells ball with field position, so this might be a punt battle. Both teams have very good defense's and both have been vulnerable against the big play, so look for Lelie and Glenn to have good games.
                        That has been Shanny's game anyways. Run the ball with success put up plenty of scores and dominate the clock. So you are right. Can I have soup today. It is cold here in TN.
                        Emancipate your mind!
                        The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator
                          That has been Shanny's game anyways. Run the ball with success put up plenty of scores and dominate the clock. So you are right. Can I have soup today. It is cold here in TN.

Chicken Noodle sounds good on a cold November day.

A good D is a good running game, which keeps your D off the field and fresh. Also in the NFL it is getting harder and harder to drive 80+ yards to score a TD, you don't see it that often anymore. In the past Shanny's teams racked up yards between the twenties, but struggle in the red zone which was the problem, now our fied position is better, we are scoring more in the red zone and not turning the ball over, hmmm that sounds familiar. That's right, that's the soup nazi's recipe for victory soup!
                          Last edited by BroncoRT; 11-22-2005, 08:36 AM.
                          The three Keys to football
                          1. Turnovers
                          2. Field Position
                          3. Red Zone Play

Comment

While our running game is usually stymied against a 3-4 defensive front, this game shouldn't be as tough as a San Diego contest. La'Roi Glover is a great player, but he is small for a nose tackle, and Nalen matches up with him much better than he would Jamal Williams or Casey Hampton of the Steelers.

Glover is quick, but quickness isn't the problem for Nalen. The problem is if he has to stop the strength of a guy outweighing him by 60lbs. We can run the ball against the Cowboys.
                            “One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain” ~Thomas Sowell

2008 Draft: my grade --> A-

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoRT
                              Chicken Noodle sounds good on a cold November day.

A good D is a good running game, which keeps your D off the field and fresh. Also in the NFL it is getting harder and harder to drive 80+ yards to score a TD, you don't see it that often anymore. In the past Shanny's teams racked up yards between the twenties, but struggle in the red zone which was the problem, now our fied position is better, we are scoring more in the red zone and not turning the ball over, hmmm that sounds familiar. That's right that's the soup nazi's recipe for victory soup!
                              Once again you are right. We have been the number one team in the past 10 years between the 20 and 20. But this year has been much different. We have found better success in the redzone. Keep your recipe for a victory going.
                              Emancipate your mind!
                              The People's Poster

Comment

Working...
                              X