The Big Play (merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
    Well, last year had more "big plays," but we also had 20 INTs. I'll take the reduction in big plays if we don't turn over the ball.
    That's a great point...also we're 8-2 compared to 10-6 last year or 7-3 at this point last year .....
    "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
    R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Comment

Big plays are exciting, but long drives like the two we had on Sunday are actually far more beneficial to a team. It keeps the defense rested and the other team's offense off the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Calif. Bronco
        Big plays are exciting, but long drives like the two we had on Sunday are actually far more beneficial to a team. It keeps the defense rested and the other team's offense off the field.
        Again, the best defense is a good offense. John Lynch was ecstatic over how much rest the defense got last game. If we can give them anywhere near that amount of rest they will be stellar every week. Keep those guys on the bench drinking gatorade for as long possible.

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
        ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

we;'re 8-2 not 2-8....if we don't have big plays and we're winning...we're already dangerous as it is.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
          2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighSpirit
            While our running game is usually stymied against a 3-4 defensive front, this game shouldn't be as tough as a San Diego contest. La'Roi Glover is a great player, but he is small for a nose tackle, and Nalen matches up with him much better than he would Jamal Williams or Casey Hampton of the Steelers.

Glover is quick, but quickness isn't the problem for Nalen. The problem is if he has to stop the strength of a guy outweighing him by 60lbs. We can run the ball against the Cowboys.
            I agree we can run the ball against the cowboys. Is there word on Bell? We could use him to break a few long runs.
            Emancipate your mind!
            The People's Poster

Comment

Working...
            X