Looking for Media Attention...Thursday will be "Show-Me Day"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Media Attention...Thursday will be "Show-Me Day"

Besides the Buffalo game in a couple of weeks, this is our last shot in front of a national audience to let the world know how GREAT our Broncos can be.

I know some of you guys like the Denver Broncos to be under the radar but the Broncos do need some exposure to show the world that this is a solid team and a team that has a shot....to be Super Bowl contenders.

I believe this Thursday, in front of a national audience, playing in Dallas in front of millions of people, what the Broncos are capable of.

I keep hearing talk on talk-radio about how good the Chargers are, how awesome the Bengals can hang, how spunky the Patriots are....but once the Broncos come into the picture, I want people to say "Maybe the Broncos can beat the Colts". If Denver falls flat this Thursday, then there will be doubt in the media and that might get pushed into the mind of the players.

So, I want the Broncos not to win but to dominate. I don't want to hear about a 7-3 Bengals team or Steelers...or a 6-4 Chargers....I want to hear about the Broncos all the time and represent how good they are.

MVP talks and we have Jake NO-WHERE to be found. It's Steve Smith, Carson Palmer, Tom Brady....

If the Denver Broncos consider to look like nobodys, then the dreadful day that they get eliminated in the playoffs......people will forget the Broncos were consider pretenders.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

If and only if they lose the media will shred the Broncos and say they are up to their old ways, which I know is not true because we have an outstanding team. But regardless how good the Broncos are doing there is no love for them and everyone seems to pass talking about them. You're correct in your thread in each statement Broncos need this win to get respect, a dominating win like you said. The Broncos have done it to themselves to have the reputation they have I hate to say it. They have show each week what they are made of which is a winning team.

Comment

I agree and disagree

Yes its time for a little r-e-s-p-e-c-t, but I do like it when we play with a chip on our shoulder. So I'm hoping that all the pundits just chalk it up to AFC superiority and continue to talk about the other guys so that we get slighted a little and Wilson has to make a few more QBs puke their guts out.

BUT, I do not agree that Jake is a league MVP candidate. He should be comeback player of the year though for his fantastic work. But what makes our team special is it's a TEAM. Another QB can win in our system(remember Griese, probably the biggest wimp to take a snap for us), and many RBs can win in our system(Orlandis Gary has done exactly what since he left?). But without a solid team effort we go nowhere. The MVP should go to the guy who singlehandedly elevates his play and his team beyond the talent of his surrounding players and reaches heights they could not have reached without that one player. Without Steve Smith Carolina would probably have one win. Without LT San Diego would be winless. (I don't know who should be MVP just yet but I think you catch my drift).
      "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

Why? WHy do we need national exposure to be Super Bowl contenders? Did they change the rules and make it a vote to get into the Super Bowl now???

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
          Why? WHy do we need national exposure to be Super Bowl contenders? Did they change the rules and make it a vote to get into the Super Bowl now???
          I'd like us to get more coverage, but Ravage is right. It's not the BCS. Every team controls its own destiny.
          My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

Personally.. after last years horrible showing on National TV.. this game scares me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
              Personally.. after last years horrible showing on National TV.. this game scares me.
              I'm more worried because of this two game strectch in which we may go 0-2 and let the Chargers and or Chiefs back in it.

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Comment

I hope we show up, but I am not concerned about all the exposure. I really like flying under the radar. Let the "experts" keep talking about the others and then when playoff time comes they can all be on the curb as thd bandwagon rolls by.

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                  I hope we show up, but I am not concerned about all the exposure. I really like flying under the radar. Let the "experts" keep talking about the others and then when playoff time comes they can all be on the curb as thd bandwagon rolls by.
                  And I'll be riding shotgun ready to kick them out. Should have been there earlier! This train is full!

Comment

Last time we were on nationally televised was Monday night against KC. And we all know how they turned out to be.(30-10). I think we can get it done again. Maybe 24-10,24-14?
                    Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Comment

It will be fine! Everyone calm down! They've been creating a game plan before we killed the Jets. Besides, Dallas IS NOT THAT GOOD!

This team is focussed. They will win by another large margin.
                      Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

Comment

Originally posted by YOUNGERJKSPEE
                        It will be fine! Everyone calm down! They've been creating a game plan before we killed the Jets. Besides, Dallas IS NOT THAT GOOD!

This team is focussed. They will win by another large margin.
                        We struggle against physical defenses. Nuff said.

Actually not enough said. Dallas can stop the run and plays the pass pretty good.

The Broncos better find some Eagles vs Cowboys tape and see how Philly ran for almost 200 yards.

Comment

I don't believe whether the game is nationally or regionally televised really affects the team. I'm more concerned with the short week. The easy jets game will help. As for the cowboys, give me a break. I think any team in the AFC west can beat the Boys.....yawn.
                          "annoy a liberal, work, suceeed, and be happy"

Comment

Look for several Broncos flags just on the upper deck behind the endzone. Not sure which endzone we are in off hand.

Also you just might see a bunch of Orange Pom poms around the stadium . We have alot of them to hand out at the tailgate while in Dallas thanks to a special someone who helped us out!

We are leaving for Dallas in T-minus 10 hours.

Broncos Country is officially invading Dallas this week!

Comment

Originally posted by Meck77
                              Look for several Broncos flags just on the upper deck behind the endzone. Not sure which endzone we are in off hand.

Also you just might see a bunch of Orange Pom poms around the stadium . We have alot of them to hand out at the tailgate while in Dallas thanks to a special someone who helped us out!

We are leaving for Dallas in T-minus 10 hours.

Broncos Country is officially invading Dallas this week!
                              Just make sure you get a "Cowboys Suck!" chant going... jk

Have a great time!

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Working...
                              X